Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #3841
Glassgal
Registered Users

Re: I'm a thread killer!

Ha! Mothers day is a holiday? You'd never guess that around here. So to answer your question nope, nothing special. To be fair though we don't do anything for fathers day either. Pretty much any holiday really except Halloween and Christmas and that is more for my mom than anything else. Well we do our jew holidays but that's more of a dinner gathering thing. We are 50/50 split here on religions. The go-karts sound awesome! So jealous.

I love hearing about all the critters. I'm a bit of an urban critter hoarder. Right now the dogs (baby sitting the inlaws shepard again) are harrassing the cats. Rosie looks so dang small compared to ray but ray is huge. When she sits her head is at my hip.

Advertisement

Last edited by Glassgal; 05-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Glassgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #3842
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
First things first ---- YAYAYAYA I am SO glad that you are all back this thread was getting lonely again I was gonna go posting in OT a missing person's thread.

It is beautiful and sunny here today - 27 out! This is like summer here!!!
We got out today which was GREAT. Allison and I went to wal-mart while DH took all the other kids to home depot across the parking lot. Now everyone is playing and or doing yard work. I suppose I should get moving too So we called the store on our chickens and they are still going to be a couple weeks The cows are doing GREAT I LOVE watching them. DH had to mow the pasture though because the grass was WAY too long we need more animals. We are thinking about getting some goats next! I am feeling better - I told my mom I was recovered and she gave me heck because I still feel a little pain once in a while so she wants me to slow down again. It is SO HARD I spent like 10 - 15 weeks being SLOW I want to run! I am having clothing issues now though - nothing fits! I think I am going to have to go out and buy some "chubby" clothes because I have no shorts that I can use. I was a 14 last summer (Audrey was a newborn and I hadn't lost weight) and I think I need a 16 for right now. I am aiming HARD to get back into a 10 but I want to do that 10 pounds at a time. So far since Allison was born I have lost 25 pounds but I am still bigger then I have ever been. I am going to let the weight come off on it's own for another two weeks and then I am going to start working out - hopefully a month will be a long enough recovery time? (I've never had any recovery time before I am always back to normal so fast this is super wierd for me.)
I'm glad you are feeling spunky now! That iron must be improveing.
I want to try catfish! We had a pet one for our tank but that is the only time I've seen one and it was like an inch We eat salmon mostly here because that is what is local. I LOVE diesel trucks - we have never owned one but DH and I like to daydream about having a dodge dually. When we were super broke we used to get dressed up nice and go car shopping for trucks for when he was a big time refrigeration mechanic who owned his own company
Ray just asked me if we could ship you some, haha! All I know to describe it is if you get good smaller ones, there's no fishy taste.
WOW I have never heard of cooking liver like that. Here we bread it and then fry it with bacon and onions and then smother it in lemon juice. My mom makes it sometimes - DH doesn't like it but his mom never made it like my mom did. I never knew liver was pricey either. I never buy it but I always thought it was a cheaper meat!
It's $4 for a smal pack of 4 slices here. Booo!
So anyone doing anything special for mother's day??? We have a floor hockey game for the older kids THEN we are going to the go-kart racing group. Dh and the kids want to get into the sport so we are going to see about signing up with the local quarter midget racing club - I guess I shouldn't call them go-karts there BUT then it is mama time! We are going jewlery shopping! I was informed by DH that I am being taken to design a family ring And here I was lusting after a spot carpet cleaner - when I told DH he totally laughed at how cheaply he could have gotten off. DH doesn't normally do mothers day gifts but since I didn't get a birthday present (that was when MIL got really sick and things were nuts!) he want to make up for it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal View Post
Ha! Mothers day is a holiday? You'd never guess that around here. So to answer your question nope, nothing special. To be fair though we don't do anything for fathers day either. Pretty much any holiday really except Halloween and Christmas and that is more for my mom than anything else. Well we do our jew holidays but that's more of a dinner gathering thing. We are 50/50 split here on religions. The go-karts sound awesome! So jealous.

I love hearing about all the critters. I'm a bit of an urban critter hoarder. Right now the dogs (baby sitting the inlaws shepard again) are harrassing the cats. Rosie looks so dang small compared to ray but ray is huge. When she sits her head is at my hip.
To comment to both of you about mother's day, Ray wanted to do a fish fry. No fish, lol! We have no plans. We don't really do gifts. Just never had the money since 05. It kinda comes natural now though. We save the extra cash for the boys birthdays and Christamas. Sometimes Ray will surprise me with something I need as an early birthday gift or vice versa. It's really been a hard day to enjoy since mama passed though. I try my best to put on that fake smile for the boys. I don't want to ruin it for them.

The go-karts do sound fun! Fun for the whole family. I bet it will be a great day. And how thoughtfull of him to do a family ring! My sister got Moma one and she loved it so much that we went ahead and burried her with it. We don't believe in doing that, it was just her fav and we agreed on it. She would have liked that. Will it take long for them to put the stones in it for you?

Cayden made me this cute as heck calender at school. The teacher took a cute pic of him at the playground and laminated it for him. So precious. I found it in his backpack today. Oh, his woonds are looking great! Not even red any more.

Well, I'm gonna head to bed a bit early tonight. Worked hard outside today.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #3843
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
To comment to both of you about mother's day, Ray wanted to do a fish fry. No fish, lol! We have no plans. We don't really do gifts. Just never had the money since 05. It kinda comes natural now though. We save the extra cash for the boys birthdays and Christamas. Sometimes Ray will surprise me with something I need as an early birthday gift or vice versa. It's really been a hard day to enjoy since mama passed though. I try my best to put on that fake smile for the boys. I don't want to ruin it for them.

The go-karts do sound fun! Fun for the whole family. I bet it will be a great day. And how thoughtfull of him to do a family ring! My sister got Moma one and she loved it so much that we went ahead and burried her with it. We don't believe in doing that, it was just her fav and we agreed on it. She would have liked that. Will it take long for them to put the stones in it for you?

Cayden made me this cute as heck calender at school. The teacher took a cute pic of him at the playground and laminated it for him. So precious. I found it in his backpack today. Oh, his woonds are looking great! Not even red any more.

Well, I'm gonna head to bed a bit early tonight. Worked hard outside today.
Aw too bad about the fish! I need to come visit - I would like to see a catfish in person We live about 2 minutes from one of the largest salmon runs in the world. I don't fish though. We went once and I was casting without bait and I got a bite! I was screaming to DH to "get it off!".

I really like this ring-
http://www.limogesjewelry.com/custom...roductid=12843
we are going to see about having something like it made - I would just order it but I (Dh actually) wants me to make sure it will last forever so we are going to go with something other then sterling silver. I am HARD on jewlery I snapped a gold plated ring in half in less then 2 years!

Caydens calendar sound great

AND I am sorry you are missing your mom.

Last edited by mg5g; 05-13-2012 at 03:55 AM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #3844
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You made me laugh out loud! I can just see you saying that, how cute.
I'd say we could fill you a cooler with fish, but we just can't seem to find/catch them here. I bet that's why most people stock their ponds, lol.

That ring is beautifull! I'm rough on jewelery too. I break rings and necklaces. I have even broken some thick bracelets and necklaces. I'm just really clumbsy.

Thanks.

Hope everyone is haveing a beautifull mothers day!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #3845
Glassgal
Registered Users

See now I feel like a total jerk. DH surprised me in bed with french toast, bacon and coffee. I was totally floored, and embarrassed...What a sweety.

Melissa, that is too funny and cute. I can't imagine the look on his face when you said that.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #3846
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's so sweet Kris! What a baby doll!

Ray really wanted to get me something today but we can't go to town. I told him when we go to pu the wormer for the chicks, he can get me a blueberry bush. I was kidding because we just don't have the money for silly stuff atm. He was serious. I get to pick one out!! I'm so excited.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #3847
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm spending my mothers day painting my boys bedroom. We got them new furniture. My hubby is being kind of cranky but he will get over it. I'm used to his agenda...he cares but doesn't realize that he doesn't show it.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #3848
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly dolly
I'm spending my mothers day painting my boys bedroom. We got them new furniture. My hubby is being kind of cranky but he will get over it. I'm used to his agenda...he cares but doesn't realize that he doesn't show it.
better than my mothers day that's all I'm gonna say
Old 05-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #3849
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs you guys!

Mine hasn't been too hot. Ray was sweet about saying he would get me the plant, but has just laid around all day not helping. He didn't even say happy mother's day. He's napping on the couch now. He's not in a happy mood today. It's ok though. He's prop just tired and feeling bad he couldn't get me anything. Who really knows. I'd have spent the day outside working on clearing the back or working the garden, but it's been nasty rain all day. Just another day. Just wish I had moma to call. I hate mother's day to be truthfull. I miss her more this day than the actual day she passed or we burried her. I'll get over it. It could be worse.

I'm sorry you two arn't haveing the best of days. I figured for sure you all would be. Gues I'm not the only one with a non-perfect life, lol. I just hate to be a party pooper. Didn't want to bring anyone down, kwim. I just have way too much crap going on at once and no irl friends to talk to. Can't talk to the family I have left, too judgemantal. Just Ray. Can't complain to him about him.

Katy, you can always pm if you need to talk hun.

Holly, have fun redecorateing the boys room! I can't wait till be can build the new beds and redo those rooms. The walls are just awfull! The bank painted before we bought the place and used a non-washable flat paint. It actually washes off when you try to spot clean. 2 wild boys and these walls = horrid white walls!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #3850
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Hey everyone...
Sorry most of you are having crummy mother's days.
I can join that crowd - it isn't because DH isn't trying but it is just TOO hot and super awful getting everyone in and out and in and out and in and out of the car. We gave up and went home. We have always been super active with the kids and DH and I actually said at lunch today that we think we are finally at the point where having kids is going to slow us down. It took us a LONG time to get here but I think five is the point for us where it is just nicer to stay home. Allison agrees - she is super tired today but can't get cumfy in her car seat she likes being swaddled so I kept having to wake her up getting her in the seat. Audrey and Allison are due for a LONG nap now that they are home and in their own beds.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote