Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #3951
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Kris, mostly. i drew the outlines based off the pictures my oldest choose out of the google searches. and used the same colours across them all. now to hang it up for them to use! also.. as a note. wish that bully blog was shutdown fro crazy sake. not crazy people trying to take down the crazy lady.

sarah: yay for garden planting! your making me want to go fill in mine with lots of things.

OH! i think i forgot to tell you guys the results of my blood work i had done. High cholesterol is causing my liver to be enlarged and fatty. so.. off to a cholesterol reducing diet. AND was diagnosed officially with diabetes, so have a prescription of metformin tohelp out with that. man, i use to be healthy as a horse. good thing my babysitting kids give me some exercise with being super busy. so i decided to take on 2 more! yay me! will have 6 kids total in my house. wheeee.... life this summer is going to be busy busy! now to find activities for us all to do.

Advertisement

DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #3952
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Congrats Kris!!! That rocks! You have accomplished so darn much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
Kris, mostly. i drew the outlines based off the pictures my oldest choose out of the google searches. and used the same colours across them all. now to hang it up for them to use! also.. as a note. wish that bully blog was shutdown fro crazy sake. not crazy people trying to take down the crazy lady.

sarah: yay for garden planting! your making me want to go fill in mine with lots of things.

OH! i think i forgot to tell you guys the results of my blood work i had done. High cholesterol is causing my liver to be enlarged and fatty. so.. off to a cholesterol reducing diet. AND was diagnosed officially with diabetes, so have a prescription of metformin tohelp out with that. man, i use to be healthy as a horse. good thing my babysitting kids give me some exercise with being super busy. so i decided to take on 2 more! yay me! will have 6 kids total in my house. wheeee.... life this summer is going to be busy busy! now to find activities for us all to do.
I was wondering how it came out last night. Glad that was all it was compared to what it could have been. I take metformin for my pcos. It really helps! Now you will be busy with 2 special diets. I tell ya with Cayden's diets, I've learned so much that we have all started inheriting.

You should go for that garden! We're eating our own food every night! It's such a pressure releaser too!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #3953
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah.. The soil in my garden patch is dead. not even weeds grow there. i have to start a compost or something by it so i have good soil in there. so maybe not this year, but next year. i so want to learn how to garden and how to make things grow. i can do flower. and most herbs in a pot. (unless a certain little 3 year old in my house decides to "water" them every day.. and by water i mean make the pot over flow with water.. and kill all my nice herbs) and it;'s only a 6 ft by 4 ft space i have.

i should walk over today and get the prescription for the metformin filled out. i've been slacking as i have kids here i babysit. and taking them all for walks... is troublesome.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #3954
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bet it is a real pib to take that # of kiddos.

About your garden. You could slowly start working some fertiliser, compost, and manure in. It could be ready for next year. There is also containers. Nothing like a sun warmed juicey ripe mater, lol!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #3955
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah that is the plan. i worked some peatmoss into the soil to give it something that holds moisture. now to figure out how to make a good compost that won't smell. i live next door to the maintenance man of our complex. so anything "off" gets reported. noise complaints suck. but yeah. i figure a good bag of top soil worked in might help out this year too. now to figure out how to grow pumpkins in a box... or if it is possible.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #3956
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is very possible. I was talking with some momas in the homesteading forum a while back about pumpkins and watermellon is containers. One moma said she does it. I think it's possible with just about anything. There is even a moma that has her carrots in one, lol. We owned a house in central Fl when we first got married and it was so hot and my yard was nothing but sand. I could only grow herbs and the bare basics in containers under the shade of the portch. There was just no help for that soil, if you would even call it soil. Pumpkins vine out and love to be well drained and in raised mounds, so I bet they would love big containers. At that house, I ended up with a cheap metal pie-rack that I had just stuffed with herb pots! Oh, I miss that smell right out the back door.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #3957
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ha! room to grow is not a problem. they can spread out all they want.. just the soil is crap. i think i will go look for a good pot to grow them in. they can sprawl on the ground. as i have no issues with starting the pumpkins at all. i have 9 plants from this batch of seeds.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #3958
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's awsome! Have fun. ") I counted my pumpkins/watermellons/honeydews the other day and I came up with around just under 200. I'm haveing the best gardening year! I have soooo over done it, haha!
Old 06-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #3959
Glassgal
Registered Users

Oh my Sarah. That is a lot of plants!

Justina, our soil is pretty cruddy as well mostly because we have a huge tree in outs yard so it soaks up all the water. I't been better since we ripped out all the ivy but still. So we use the pot method. It's pretty good, holds water and easy to deter slugs by just wrapping a copper wire around the pot. They don't crawl over copper so it's a great natural way to keep them from eating everything. We have crazy leopard slugs.

AFM: I leave tomorrow morning. I really hope I can fall asleep. I'm going to need to be well rested for the drive out to Michigan so I'm a little anxious about it which of course is not going to help me sleep. Rosies one eye is all runny. I really hope she just got some crud in it and it's not an infection. It just started a little while ago and I tried to look into her eye and I thought I saw something in there but it was hard to tell since she was trying to pull away a bit. If it's not better by the time I get back I'll have to bring her into the vet. This I just do not need.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'll be out until tuesday so everyone take care.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #3960
Glassgal
Registered Users

So right now I am laying in my car at a rest stop in Ohio. I'm exhausted. I've driven about 900 miles today, been up driving since 6am. And I have to say this dog is totally worth it! She is so sweet. She loves giving kisses and is so docile she let me touch her feet without flinching after being with her for only a few hours. She is so strong! My god. She almost pulled me off my feet a few times while walking her. We are going to have to do some serious obedience work but she is going to be awesome. I'll show you guys a picture when I get back on my computer. She is a brindle American pit bull terrier mixed with something. She has a white chest and a teeny white spot on the tip of her tail. She is the kind of brindle that looks like tiger stripes. So gorgeous! Honey colored eyes. Just super sweet.