Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #4141
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Hey Sarah -
Any word on the job for Ray yet?

Advertisement

mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #4142
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Justina - I too would wait and see what happens... remove the curtains first and then take her to the Dr like Sarah said if things keep going. OH and I hope you are feeling um "well" soon. I guess that would be from the diabetes? TMI but my last pregnancy I thought I was going to die from one I ended up having to get a perscription because over the counter wouldn't work.

Sarah - My prayers are sent! I sure hope Ray gets the job. Hopefully the fellow was just being friendly, like maybe he liked Ray and was curious about what you do for a living? I KNOW that he wasn't supposed to ask but I can honestly see my DH doing that in a friendly way with someone he was interested in - sort of like in conversation. Are you worried about him asking because of insurance? I forget that things like that are a consideration in the states. Here my DH (in general anyway) likes family guys because they have something to loose and are more settled in life so they tend to work really hard. So someone having a disabled spouse or kids would NOT turn him off offer a job - probably the exact opposite as long as the person interviewed well and could do the work.
No call back on the job. They would have calle dby now if he had got it. The problem with him asking this question was it wasn't in a friendly conversational manner. We have a law here something like a sick family leave act. If you have a chronically ill or disabled spouse or child, it's like a free pass to call in or miss work. People take super advantage of it. He also frouned upon Ray going to school. He said they just lost a worker that went back to school. he reassured him school was in the rear view mirror for a while. that we just ran out of saveings to go to school and it was time just to hang it up and get a job.
Now then - Yes sheep pictures ... well I have a little issue with that maybe you ladies can help me out? I CAN NOT seem to use the photo tool on DS and when I try to use photobucket it doesn't link properly and I just get an X where the picture should be.
I just do the htmp copy paste in the insert pic popup. The square with the mountian and sun, yellow looking. I then erase the html that's in the box, paste mine in.
My turn for little prayers --- can you ladies please do a rain dance for me? Our pasture isn't handling the load of the sheeps and cows with no rain for three weeks. We've had to give up on pasture management and open all our fences to let them forage. I am giving the sheep 2 buckets of grain and 1 flake of hay a day and the cows are getting two flakes. It isn't enough though really if this keeps up. We are going to have to ship the cows which is SO SAD but I didn't realize how much hay was going to cost and we are going to be looking at something like $1000 to feed the sheep this winter!!! I decided early not to breed them this year although they "could" breed because I wanted to let them grow but we are going to be into things by at least $3000 before I see a lamb. They are quickly becoming VERY expensive pets. I am not in a panic we have some money saved so this isn't going to bankrupt us but thank goodness I have money put away from when we got Cale's disability because I just don't have that much in my budget. In other news I want to find a job ... obviously it needs to be something I can do from home but I would just really like to make a little bit of money even a couple hundred dollars a month just to pay for some of the extras like birthday parties and sneakers for the kids. Don't feel too sorry for me! Honestly DH makes a LOT of money it is just with the farm our mortgage straps us when we aren't making a farm income yet. In a couple more years we will be turning a profit .. I hope.
Sure hun, prayers comin. Have you checked into round bales? They are way cheaper here.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #4143
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey gals. sadly i require prescriptions and it wasn't caused by diabetes. it wasn't even what i thought it was! so 5 days and i should be good as new! *should*

Melissa: what issue is the DS image tool giving you? pictures too big? and if doing photobucket, use the BBCODE one. NOT HTML cuz this is a BBCODE forum. i hope that helps. and i'm kinda jealous of your sheep. but that is because i want to learn how to process sheep's wool into yarn.

Sarah: hoping for you and ray! totally a dismissive butthead of a boss to ask about you and how you made money.
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #4144
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I looked and the link I use says direct link. Not sure which that is?

Oh Justina. I'll keep praying for you hun. I'm so glad you found some solid answers. You poor girl. I hope you start feeling good as new!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #4145
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

direct link is JUST the image link. there is one called " image code"

which gives you this (IMG)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8cxhk.png(/IMG)

which with the square brackets the [ and ] instead of the round ones gives you this

so put a [ IMG ] URL to picture here [ /IMG ] (with NO SPACES) and it should work fine.

yeahhhh i've done this a ton for people on may different forums. i use to have a tutorial picture with it all too.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #4146
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Great job with those rain prayers
We had a quick sprinkle yesterday and it rained last night!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #4147
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Ok where is everyone today???
AND do we know where Kris is?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #4148
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

busy planning for school maybe? i have 2 years before that. unless i can find a preschool that is not stupid expensive.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #4149
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cool directions Justina!

Melissa, so glad you got some sprinkles, lol.

Yea, I've been wondering about kris.

We have just been crazy busy here. I have so many chores to get done. I'm also swamped with Cayden being back in school and all the homework and study time.

i'll try to chat mor soom.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #4150
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Hi again

Sarah - UHG to homework I HATE that they give kids homework in elementary school I mean why are they there ALL day. A pet peeve of mine - Ian used to have an hour or more a night in grade 2 and 3. I heard his old classmates had 2 plus hours last year. No thanks - we "school" for about 3 hours a day. We do other things that still count for credit like art and sports but those just fit into our schedule where-ever. My boys can do so many more things then their peer because they have more time - this year we have planned - 4-H, skiing, swimming, skating, music, drama, art, and probably choir as our fun classes. There is NO way I could get them to all those lessons if they were stuck in a desk all day