Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #4221
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Welcome mama!

Feel free to just jump into the conversation! We won't ignore you here - lol

Our little corner of DS goes from several of us to just a couple and back all the time.
Sarah, Myself (Melissa), Justina and Kris -- OH Kris where are you??? Are the ones who are here most often lately. The thread gets quiet once in a while but I do check it just about everyday so don't think it died - it just goes to sleep sometimes

Advertisement

mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #4222
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

I am SO happy for you guys. I really hope that it works out well for you! I really do think especially with his health it is going to be better - just think no more missed school for Dr's appointments!

I am also very sorry that you had to come to hsing this way. We got here via crisis too though so I know from experience how great things can be once you settle in. I hope he loves being at home and you are able to get lots of support to teach him. That is the one thing I struggle with because I get frustrated going over the same things over and over again if they just aren't able to learn it. One suggestion - try and find the local HSing groups! Ours has subsidized skating, swimming, gym, play groups, music lessons etc etc etc. Let things settle for a little while and then get out there an meet people. ALL the HSing mamas I have met ... every SINGLE one has been friendly and willing to share in the joy and struggles with me.
I am SOOOO excited. I'm chewing nails here praying he get's the go! Loads of hoops and paperwork. WOOHOOOO! William can start some things at home now too. That way we can get him in as soon as he's of age. You know I will be buggin the crud outa you with questions, hehe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Oh -- AND field trip!!!

I would like to propose your first class trip be to our house - lol
We win the lotto, we're comin to see ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfallingup View Post
So, I was seriously thinking about posting a thread titled "The Dread Thread Killer" about how every time I write out a long, well-thought-out, kind response (or a short, silly one, or any response, really), the thread is then never replied to, ever ever again. I then saw this thread bumped up in the new listing. It BLEW MY MIND.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
WELCOME!!! Pleasure to have you. This thread is kind of a check in, hows the day going support thread, lol. A great place to chat. Make some good online friends, lol. Hope to see ya stick around. We were all drawn in by the thread killer self diag, hehe. I know I have it bad. This thread is my safe place for any topic though!

The more the merrier.

Where in the heck did everyone go? Kris has been mia for quit esome time! Hope she's ok. Justina hasn't been around much. She's prob busy though.

I think I'm finally killing it!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #4223
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the welcomes! It's so nice to talk to grown-ups.
I read Tarot! Click here to get a reading!
alwaysfallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #4224
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfallingup View Post
Thanks for the welcomes! It's so nice to talk to grown-ups.
Ooops - actually I am an 8 year old girl

Ok - really I am 34, live in British Columbia on a small farm we just started last winter. Right now we have chickens and sheep - we had beef cattle until two weeks ago when they went back to market. We have 5 kids as per siggy and I've been married for 12 years. I homeschool - which involves lots of patience and my kids seriously owe me when we get through this! WE go through a "school" though so a real teacher supervised what I do with the kids to make sure I am not messing them up for life. If they put me in a home after what I am going through to teach them when I am older they are in BIG trouble! My DH works WAY too much, takes night school for more work related things and plays hard too. Oh and as well as having the 5 kids one is special needs, one has learning disabilities, one has health issues and one is a preschooler terror - plus not so "new"born - who is now 5 months. I do laundry, cook badly and beg Sarah to get on a plane and help me clean!

We (all us thread killers) are SUPER friendly and try to be uber respectful of each other but aren't afraid to debate. The only "Rule" we have is we NEVER bash spelling and grammar --- OK it isn't really a rule but....

Sarah ---
Wow that sucks that you have to go through a bunch of hoops. Here they make it super easy - fill out one online app and presto you are enrolled.

Last edited by mg5g; 09-29-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #4225
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The county has to approve our app. Yea, permission to do "public" homeschool"? Right. Somethings wrong with that. I guess it's because it's a K12. I think reg hs is way easier to do. If I find it to just be too rigirous, buggy, ect, I'll try another program next year. I think"I" need something this strict the first year. Like you said, I don't wanna mess them up for life.

And.....I would love to come and be your neighbor. How cool would it be to have a neighbor that was like a long lost twin sis? AWSOME!

So, Alisha (We did have an alisha a while back, lol). I'm Sarah. I have the 2 boys, super wanting to ttc for another. Ray, my DH, refuses after a promise. We had an agreement that if I got to my weightloss goal of 155 we could. I'm pretty sure he didn't have faith in me. Took almost 7 yrs for Cayden and almost 3 for William. I'm sorta a quiet Christian. Don't really bring my faith into convo unless asked for. Wanna respect others. Hey, just noticed you had a longer ttc date than me! Wow, never met anyone elese that had that long in common. WTG girl! We live on a small sorta homestead or mini-farm. Not really sure what to call it. Gardening, canning, sewing, kids, hubby, gardening, and chickens kinda sum my life up. We would have tons of livestock, but we rescently found there were restrictions on our land. My oldest, Cayden, is kinda a special boy. He needs extra 1 on 1 learning time due to attention and some other issues. (hence me presueing hs) He's a pretty sick kid. Took 6 yrs to start getting some health answers for him. He's doing better now after is fundo over the summer. My 3yo is a little terror to put it kinly. Both sweeties though. I think William being such a difficult child to manage is why Ray changed his mind long ago about having more.

Well, if you can't tell yet, I can't spell worth a darn either. Oh, I'm 32 and been with hubby for 15 yrs.

I hope to see you stick around.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #4226
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

It sounds like we have a lot in common! We just moved off our small farm in Illinois (four miles down the road from my parents' black angus farm) to NC for DH's work. It has been a huge adventure, and I love it...it is so beautiful and they are so big on local food and community here. However, we are renting for the first time ever since we've been married (11 yrs last week, I was 19 when we got hitched), and it is weird to me. I miss my garden and our acreage and we hope that, now that we've decided we like it here and want to stay, we will be able to sell our home in Illinois and buy land here.

Sarah, it DID take us 8 years of TTC. We never used protection from the beginning of our marriage, and it was really heartbreaking. We never had a single pregnancy in all of that time. We fostered six kids over three years. The last placement was so stressful that we had to have the kids placed in therapeutic care (they were two of a set of six siblings and had severe PTSD and rage issues along with sexual acting out).

It broke my heart to move them but I just didn't have the expertise to handle their needs and keep them safe when one of them kept running away on me or threatening to kill us in our sleep. I really think the relief of having the stress gone was what triggered me to get pregnant. And I had no idea what was happening...I was so sure it would never happen that when I started throwing up constantly and feeling sick all the time, I thought I needed a referral to a gastroenterologist.

My two little girls are such a gift to me, and I never expected it at all. I just count my lucky stars every day. We are thinking, if we are able, we'd like to have one more some time.

So, here we are, in a new town starting a new life. It'll be nice to have some online friends because I don't have any IRL here, yet!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #4227
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Alisha - Wow what a great story. Well you know what I mean... I am sorry for those poor kids and the horrid stress because of what some terrible people did to them BUT I think it is amazing that you fostered and even more amazing that you got your little girls.

I LOVE the name Pandora I saw you mention her here somewhere - can't remember what thread about opening Pandora's box - lol.

I don't know really anyone IRL either. We moved here in Oct last year but I was on modified bed rest with baby most of the winter so I didn't get out too much. I have just met a couple mom's in the last few weeks!

We are hillarious at farming One of our cows ran away when I was 9 months pregnant so we shooshed her home with brooms - they were friendly by the time they left but not at that time. It took us like 12 hours to get the cow back from the neighbours yard. Today a chicken somehow got out of the barnyard and onto our deck - 6 of us chased her and there was LOTS of screeming (I am actually terrified of the chickens) until we eventually got her to scurry off the deck and into the yard now we have to do it again to get her all the way back to the barnyard. We LOVE farming but I am sure our neighbours all think we are nuts since we don't have a clue what we are doing!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #4228
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

OMG. I am so tired. If these little ones don't stop taking turns waking up at all hours of the night, this Mama is gonna run away and join a (quiet) circus!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #4229
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have been busy! i had ACTUAL work! out of the home! for a week! I was *SO* excited. i love my kids, a nd i love my babysitting kids. but i *need* a break to interact with adults now and again. who don't have kids and a chance to get out of the house that isn't Mcdonalds. (we go to the playplace... perhaps a bit TOO much when the cashiers start to recognize us and know my order there.. er... oops?)

AND i recently found out my cousin lives in town! so been hanging out with her for the past few days on and off. her little boy is too adorable! and is living up to his name of Steel! the boy.. should not be with us today if she had listened to the doctors the first 60 times she went (literally every damn day till she found sort of an answer).. they are looking for more! i'll tell his full story when i get permission too.

AND been dealing with a cold, trying to pack up for a trip we are taking. 5 hours int he car friday night to see my family! i am excited for Thanksmas.

and HI ALISHA! and Melissa! and Sarah! I'm Justina, 29, been with boyfriend Patrick for 9 years this upcoming January. we have 2 kids. Jocaya (Joe-Kai-yea) who is 3,, and Savienne (Sa-veen) who is 10 months old. i got lots of questions on how to pronounce their names. I also babysit 2 kids N who is 4, and J who is 3. they feel like my own kids. and their mom and dad are super awesome people.
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #4230
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
and HI ALISHA! and Melissa! and Sarah! I'm Justina, 29, been with boyfriend Patrick for 9 years this upcoming January. we have 2 kids. Jocaya (Joe-Kai-yea) who is 3,, and Savienne (Sa-veen) who is 10 months old. i got lots of questions on how to pronounce their names. I also babysit 2 kids N who is 4, and J who is 3. they feel like my own kids. and their mom and dad are super awesome people.
Hi, Justina! What pretty names! I have similar issues with DD1, Persephone. I've had to explain that it's Per-seff-uh-nee, NOT Per-suh-fone.