Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #4241
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

My maiden name is Rogers, lol. Got tons of teasing with that one!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #4242
hishouseholdsix
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Hi ladies! I just got my first order of used diapers in the mail today and I'm looking for some advice on getting them ready to put on my kiddos. They are Kawaii blue label minky bamboo pocket diapers, with bamboo inserts. What should I wash them in? How should I wash them? I know bleach is bad for PUL, but I just want to make sure they're clean since they're used. Thanks!
hishouseholdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #4243
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bleach isn't actually bad for pul. It will fade natural fibers though. I have used bleach in every load for 7 yrs and not a single issue other than some faded wipes and dyed pf's. Just mix it in the water before adding the diapers. I now strip ALL used I get because of an unmentioned ammonia issue with some dipes i got. I washed as usual with extra bleach on sanitary and must have trrown up 15X trying to get the dipe off the kid! I have a laundry thread if you wanna search my posts. If not, I can link you to it. It gives you the ups and downs of successfull diapering while getting to a simple routine. Please, don't buy into the crazy hype the manufacturers toss out there.They create those detergent's detergent fact sheets, warrenties, all ends in them with more money and you with ammonia or detergent buildup. LMK if you need the link.

Oh, and welcome sweetie!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #4244
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishouseholdsix View Post
Hi ladies! I just got my first order of used diapers in the mail today and I'm looking for some advice on getting them ready to put on my kiddos. They are Kawaii blue label minky bamboo pocket diapers, with bamboo inserts. What should I wash them in? How should I wash them? I know bleach is bad for PUL, but I just want to make sure they're clean since they're used. Thanks!
Oh great! You did stop in to say hi! I LOVE Kawaii diapers. I actually live close to the lady that owns the company. They are made in China but she lives in Canada...
ANYWAY - I second a splash of bleach or oxiclean (oxi bleach WILL NOT harm diapers) for new used ones then rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse to strip them of any suds so you are left with clean and ready to roll diapers. Same with the inserts. I am a 100% pocket girl so if you have any other questions or just want to pop in and say hi - stick around
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #4245
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Also - Hi everyone
GREAT news - DD youngest broke out in hives after the big kids were eating peanuts this weekend. We got into the allergist as an emerg patient and she IS NOT allergic!!! Thank goodness - Dylan (3) is going crazy because he misses peanut butter it is his fav food!

AND it other news it is almost "my" birthday. Ten years ago tomorrow I became a mama.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #4246
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it your real b-day or the your now moma b-day? Either way

I'll have to catch up later tom or poss this weekend. Gotta spend the day in Nashville for my pain cntre apt. Gonna get new injections in the bersa area of my hips. REALLY hope this helps some. I'm falling apart!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #4247
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

Happy Birth Day, Mom1mg!

I am an all-pockets Mama, too. When I was pregnant, I bought 24 Sunbaby diapers. When I was pregnant again, I bought 24 more. I have like, two Fuzzi Bunz that were a gift. I figure, they worked, and I'm cheap. If it ain't broke, know what I mean?
I read Tarot! Click here to get a reading!
alwaysfallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #4248
hishouseholdsix
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Oh great! You did stop in to say hi! I LOVE Kawaii diapers. I actually live close to the lady that owns the company. They are made in China but she lives in Canada...
ANYWAY - I second a splash of bleach or oxiclean (oxi bleach WILL NOT harm diapers) for new used ones then rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse to strip them of any suds so you are left with clean and ready to roll diapers. Same with the inserts. I am a 100% pocket girl so if you have any other questions or just want to pop in and say hi - stick around
I am completely in love with Kawaii too! I bought two of the heavy wetters last year as the second type of diaper I tried, and they are my favorite! I was super excited to find 3 EUC bamboo minky diapers on here so that I could add to my stash. I also prefer pockets, except at stuffing time, lol.

Also, so glad to hear the allergy thing worked out for you. I'm pretty much allergic to everything, including a few foods, and it totally sucks. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies, I'm definitely sticking around, it takes a lot more than some silly drama to scare me off
hishouseholdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #4249
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea! Welcome!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #4250
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Wow - new mamas WELCOME!

Sometimes this thread turns into one of us talking to ourself - lol. We've had many, many sweet mamas come and go from our little corner of DS. I hope you both stay and chat a while! Sarah and I have been here for a few months, Justina is a little newer and it seems like we lost Kris --- KRIS WHERE ARE YOU???

Thanks for all the birth - day wishes. Sarah it was DS's bday not mine but he's my oldest so his tenth birthday is also ten years of being a mom for me. (LOL I just realized how obvious that statement is BUT in my defence I am just getting over the flu and it's the middle of the night and I can't sleep)

So it is our Thanksgiving this weekend and I am going to make the 2nd turkey I've ever made. The first one was 12 years ago! I've tried a few times but either my mil or mom is around and they take over and chase me out of the kitchen. I really can't cook (!!) but I'm never going to learn without being given a chance either. I think when DH is done at school in March I am going to find some cooking classes - either then or maybe next fall. He is a great dad but the house kind-of falls apart when I am gone. Our youngest will be almost a year then though so hopefully he can keep it together for a few hours once a week. Right now if I go out I KNOW I am going to be walking back in to a disaster. I guess I need to talk to him about that actually it's just not worth the fight when I know it isn't on purpose he just can't keep up and at least they are safe - if filthy. I just never leave - lol 5 kids and 4 pets and 20 farm animals is REALLY a two person job.