Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #4251
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Oh dun, how did I not catch that it was him 1 yr bday, haha. Well happy thanksgiveing and bday!

A good tip on seasioning the bird, I found you get more flavor my mixing your seasionings and makeing pockets between the meat and skin and use your hand to massage it into the areas. Margerine or butter is also yummy in the subdermal pockets. Even evo. Oh my mouth is wattering!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #4252
hishouseholdsix
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

And a little foil tent to cover the top of the turkey so it doesn't burn

I totally know how you feel about leaving the house, I'm the same way. I cringe a little walking into the door because I never know what they'll be into when I come home. DH is usually asleep on the couch and they always have full diapers, lol. But I try to pick my battles too, if I nag him too much I'll never get to have my alone time! haha
hishouseholdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #4253
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

I'm already thinking about Thanksgiving. It is our first Thanksgiving here, and my first holiday ever away from my (giant) family. I am used to enormous gatherings of my extended family, one with each side of the family, on each holiday. So, this year, it is just us, and I'm a little sad. I'm trying to figure out a do-able reasonable facsimile of our giant dinners without going insane with cooking and without cooking so much food that we'll never eat it all before it spoils.
I read Tarot! Click here to get a reading!
alwaysfallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #4254
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, Alisha!!! How about two of those little cornish hens. Moma used to make that for us when we lived overseas and it was just us. That and mashed potatoes and g-bean casserole! Nice small meal and we sure loved the little chickens.

I know it's hard being away from family. My gparents are in Cal and Ms. Sister in Fl. I lost my daddy and Momma. Here we have rays parents and his Nana. But I don't get along well with my FIL. We try to keep visits short. Kinda start our own fam traditions. We're so diff than our fam anyhow. I don't get along with my big city sis. It's really mainly just us. I do love his Moma! I care about his dad too, but he causes me severe anxiety and elevated epression. he's on my avoid trigger list from my doc, lol. We're enjoying makeing our own traditions and life!

I hope you can come up with a fun plan for you guys this t-giving! make it fun girl and come up with some fun new traditions of your own. Also include some special ones from ya'lls family that are dear to you.

Yep, the foil! I do the foil over the ends of the legs because they burn so dang fast, haha! Oh, baste, baste, baste. They even make the cook in bags that rock. The whole plastic idea kinda scares me but it sure holds in all the moisture. You could also make a good pouch or cover with foil? I LOVE foil. It's my nightly addition to the roasting pan for the oven. Keeps cleaning time down!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 10-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #4255
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Aw, Alisha!!! How about two of those little cornish hens. Moma used to make that for us when we lived overseas and it was just us. That and mashed potatoes and g-bean casserole! Nice small meal and we sure loved the little chickens.

I know it's hard being away from family. My gparents are in Cal and Ms. Sister in Fl. I lost my daddy and Momma. Here we have rays parents and his Nana. But I don't get along well with my FIL. We try to keep visits short. Kinda start our own fam traditions. We're so diff than our fam anyhow. I don't get along with my big city sis. It's really mainly just us. I do love his Moma! I care about his dad too, but he causes me severe anxiety and elevated epression. he's on my avoid trigger list from my doc, lol. We're enjoying makeing our own traditions and life!

I hope you can come up with a fun plan for you guys this t-giving! make it fun girl and come up with some fun new traditions of your own. Also include some special ones from ya'lls family that are dear to you.
The Cornish hens are a great idea! I was also considering just doing a turkey breast in the crockpot (I found a good looking recipe on Pinterest ). And we are doing what you suggested...we are trying to make traditions of our own and keep the best of the family traditions we grew up with. This month, we are getting inspired by Mexican culture, and in the tradition of Day of the Dead, we made a "remembering table" with pictures of family members and friends who have passed away and some candles and fall decor. We are talking with the girls about the people in the pictures so they can learn who they are and learn something about their family history. They seem to like it so far, and I think we're going to leave the table up and do something new with it every month or season, kind of like a Waldorf nature table.
I read Tarot! Click here to get a reading!
alwaysfallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #4256
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a wonderfull idea! I just love it. Too bad we don't have the room or I'd have to borrow it, lol.

Whew, today was super busy. Had to run to the school and get even more paperwork and beg them to fax it. I ended up with the vp, whom I adore! Yay. She got on the computer and wrote a special letter just for Cayden saying stateing all the specific info needed. I wish we could bring her home with us! She asked us to come by every now and then so they could see the boys grow up. They all keep saying if we get tired of him, bring him on back, haha. Yea right! I do love her and the social worker, but I would never consider taking him back. We have the room rearanged and fixed up nice for him. Still not in the program yet, so i'm useing the curiculum I put together. It's actually working out quite well. Today was his first day and he did very well. Quite surprised! I'll take some pics of the setup for fun. Remember though, I still havn't painted the walls and they can't be washed. They are dingey. I also have to get Ray's help to bring up the computer desk. Not sure when the computer they are provideing will come? That will be great! I also have to get 2 bookshelves. i'm making do with what I have atm. The rest of the day was spent on the phone and cleaning. I'm just so tired.

So, ds is very slow today?

How was the big T day Melissa?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #4257
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I belong in this thread . . . I am a major thread killer. Don't know what I do?!

Totally random, but is that a baby owl avatar, Sarah?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #4258
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Ashley! Welcome. Hope ya stick around and chat with us. . Yep. Just changed it tonight, lol. It was a little preme fawn. My Gramma sends me tons of nature pics she finds and I save loads of them for backgrounds and such. Like to keep it changed up.
I normally don't care for owl pics, but this fella was so stinkin cute! Those big bug eyes, haha.

Well, I'm headed to bed. I somehow managed to cook a great dinner for the boys, clean the kitchen, sell the toddler bed, and shampoo (seriously well) the lr and boys rooms tonight. Must have gotten a second wind. Na, just knew it had been neglected for too long.

I'll see everyone tomorrow!

Glad you decided to join us Ashley!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #4259
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Welcome to Emilymae

Sarah - STOP changing your avi OK I like the baby owl though but you are totally confusing me

I am SO glad Hsing went well! We are still planning to call tomorrow afternoon BUT please don't tell Cayden because Cale is coming down with the flu and if he isn't up to it I don't want Cayden to be upset!!!

Turkey day went really well! I was SO HAPPY with everything. It was way, way easier then I thought it would be to cook it all too. I can't believe it took me 12 years to try again It was just us too which was nice because if I messed up the food it didn't matter.

The only down part of this long weekend has been we are in various states of having the flu. I have a wierd virus - at random intervals I get SUPER cold, tired and horrible HORRIBLE sinus pain which causes me to get dizzy and almost get sick from the dizziness! It's been hard to cook with feeling like this. Cale just started with it tonight (he's almost 9) Dylan who is 3 is almost over it, I'm in the middle of it - our girls (18 months and 5 months) are a few days ahead of me but seem to be having a REALLY hard time kicking the last of it. DH and our oldest aren't sick... yet. I've cancelled all our appointments AGAIN for the next few days. It seemed to take Dylan five days to get to where he just coughs once in a while so hopefully I only have 3 more days to go. He was the first to get sick last tuesday! What sucks even more is this is the second time my little ones have had this same virus THIS MONTH - and the girls have had two vaxs this month too which makes them sick so all things put together we have only had about 5 days total where the three little ones where healthy in the past month! My plan is to hold off on the next vax for a little longer to let their immune systems catch up and to stop going to play group in town I just started in Sept and it was nice to meet other moms but my kids are NEVER sick and I think we are picking up the viruses from the other kids there.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #4260
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm on a changing avi roll Melissa, lol! I keep finding pics I like more. I actually can't stand it when someone elese does it either because that's how I identify people. I'm awufull at names.

Glad Thanksgiveing went so well for you. I knew you could do it!

I promise not to tell Cayden. I'm so sorry you all are so sick! Melissa, you can put the call off till you feel better if you want hun.

Your house sounds like ours normally is. I started Cayden on that probiotic/colostrum sup and his immunity has just amazed me! I have some, but I just forget to take it. I still have that inner ear issue. There is actually no way to know if/when it will ever go away. There are 2 ways to describle it. Like being in a barrel rolling down a hill that refuses to ever stop, that hits at any given time. Also, like being super drunk or as if someone drug you. I really can't stand it! All they can give me for it is seasick meds. It's actually terrifieing. I'm thankfull that it isn't 100% of the time though.

Oh, our first of the chicks should start to hatch sat night. "crossfingers: The double yolker has Cayden and I on edge, lol.

So it's like 30deg outside. Everything's frozen. Same forcasted tomorrow. I don't think we will get much over 40 today. Glad we got most of the coop done. It wouldn't feel so cold if it didn't always come with rain and bad wind. Berrrrr.

Hey Melissa, are your chickens still lying well for you? Is it freezing there yet? Mine were up to 5 and 6 a day and now 2 to 3. MANY should start laying any time, but with the weather, I dought it will happen. If it works out with this hatch, I'll have layers ready for spring! I have 20something now, so there should be tons of eggs next spring. Plus I have 35? or so in the bator. I know I will prob have a low hatch rate with it being my first go-round.