Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #4261
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

hey ladies. reading and catching up. sickness hit our household good. and i'm dealing with a dose of ladybit issues again. so feel like crap.

and it also looks like my relationship might be going down the crapper too. we will see. don't feel like posting much about that though. (i can't get a positive word out of him lately, he just nags on the state of the house)

Hope everyone else's households who are sick get better soon!

Advertisement

DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #4262
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry to hear so many mamas got illness going through their homes. Knock on wood, we've even doing well. Hoping it stays that way since DH doesn't have insurance (can't afford to add him to my work plan).

I had a crazy day at work. I work at a large animal shelter and every kennel is full. We are scrambling to find homes, rescues and make hard decisions about dogs and cats. Tomorrow is my "Friday" since I have Thurs/Fri off... Can't wait!!

Also, MIL has been in town for a week and leaves tonight. Happy to get my house and my baby back.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #4263
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
hey ladies. reading and catching up. sickness hit our household good. and i'm dealing with a dose of ladybit issues again. so feel like crap.

and it also looks like my relationship might be going down the crapper too. we will see. don't feel like posting much about that though. (i can't get a positive word out of him lately, he just nags on the state of the house)

Hope everyone else's households who are sick get better soon!
I'm so sorry sweetie. I know you have had trouble with that particular health issue for a while now. You get the care you need to get better.
And, I'm very sorry to hear he is still being neg. We're here for you if you need a sholder, ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyMae12 View Post
Sorry to hear so many mamas got illness going through their homes. Knock on wood, we've even doing well. Hoping it stays that way since DH doesn't have insurance (can't afford to add him to my work plan).

I had a crazy day at work. I work at a large animal shelter and every kennel is full. We are scrambling to find homes, rescues and make hard decisions about dogs and cats. Tomorrow is my "Friday" since I have Thurs/Fri off... Can't wait!!

Also, MIL has been in town for a week and leaves tonight. Happy to get my house and my baby back.
Sounds like you have some big decisions to make. Too bad Kris isn't still around. You would prob have loads in common with her. She's an activist for pitts and removeing breed bans. Hope you enjoy your "weekend".

AFM-LONG night. I was hurting so bad I made it till 6andwasready for bed. I triedto let theboys stay up as long as possible, but by 7 I was so sick fromthe apin, we had to go to bed. William was simply to affraid to sleep in his room so I let them lay with me. That was a no go so aroung 9 I got them in their beds. Somehow William snuck back in and kicked me till 3 am. I tried to go back to sleep but the pain was too much so we just got up. Poor Ray was finally able to get in the bed around 4. William refused to go back to sleep. Gonna be a long day! He's watching scooby doo. I'm researching how to make a petition to remove the dumb restrictions on our land.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #4264
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Hey ladies - we are still sick. My oldest is on day 1 It is going to be FOREVER before we are all done with this!

Anyway I just popped in to say Hi.

Also Sarah - littleabc has a thread in OT and I mentioned you there. It's RE her DD's GERD, I said you might be able to tell her about the fundo - If you don't want me to mention you just let me know and I will delete
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #4265
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, no worries Melissa. You know that's fine. I'm open about most everything with you momas on here. I'll try to remember to look for the thread when I get back in.

We're sick too. Some sort of chest cold. I have to run out and pick all the bell peppers. Gonna get down to 29 tonight. Ber!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #4266
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

aaahhh another new avi
Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #4267
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haha! The lil-owl was giving me the willies, lol.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #4268
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Hey ladies -
How is everyone's Thursday going? We are slowly getting better! I had a disaster yesterday though. My new to me washer somehow didn't stop filling on the rinse cycle. I was upstairs and went back two hours later and it was filling the house the WHOLE time! I had about 600sq feet flooded and it was up to 4 inches in some places! I "only" have two more loads to dry today. I dried blankets, sheets, towels, diapers, clothes for THIRTEEN hours yesterday. We are returning the new to me washer tonight and I am ordering a new, new one. I was "lucky" in that most of the water damage was to a room with tile on concrete flooring so it is slowly drying out and we aren't making an insurance claim - we are tearing out that room eventually anyway so we decided to not spend the estimated $1000 (!!!!) to rent fans and are just running some small ones. There is no water left and not musty smell so I think it will be ok but we will be careful when we do remove the tile incase water did get under it. THANK GOODNESS my house is sloped a bit (I had no idea actually) the water travelled REALLY far through the house but turned a corner and ended up in a bathroom instead of heading straight for our carpets. I think I would have been totally over the flu but all the lifting, bending, etc yesterday made me take longer to recover. Did I mention Winst was at work/school all day so I have NO help at all cleaning all the water and then had to clean the disaster upstairs because the older kids watched the younger ones and made a HUGE mess. We didn't get any school work done at all yesterday but did manage to get the house sort-of clean again. It is going to be a while before I have that lost day of cleaning/mess from the flood totally settled again.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #4269
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMgosh Melissa. Bummer isn't even the right word.

How come no insurance claim? Did it get the drywall badly? That crap will come back to haunt you. Will it cause the insurance to go up? If mold does come into play later it would offer coverage? I think? I have had my share of washer terror, I HIGHLY RECOMEND samsung! Kenmore and their other brand SUCK, and I dispise that word. Their cs does too. Samsung has really held up and stood by their brand. It was worth the extra $100 or so to go with them for us, and especially buy the extended warrenty! I can not say that enough! I went through 2 kenmores, bought a fancy new one that was faulty, then replaced with another faulty. Had to get rude to get another replacement. I demanded a samsung. I'll never go back!

I really wish I could be there to help hun. You really need a close friend to be there for you. You have soooo much on your place sweetie! You are truely the toughest moma I have ever know. I can't believe you didn't have your sister or moma come and help. Did you even ask honey? You need to know when to ask for help. You are seriously tough, I just don't wanna see you wear down! I really hope I'm not stepping over boundries here. I just worry about you hun. Ah, I wish I were closer. I know I say that all the time, but it really bothers me you don't have more help. You may be supermoma, but even supermoma can get overwhelmed.

I really hope you get to feeling better!

I'm here if you need me.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #4270
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Haha! The lil-owl was giving me the willies, lol.
I liked the little owl

Then again, I love owls and mind you, I loved owls BEFORE they got all trendy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Hey ladies -
How is everyone's Thursday going? We are slowly getting better! I had a disaster yesterday though. My new to me washer somehow didn't stop filling on the rinse cycle. I was upstairs and went back two hours later and it was filling the house the WHOLE time! I had about 600sq feet flooded and it was up to 4 inches in some places! I "only" have two more loads to dry today. I dried blankets, sheets, towels, diapers, clothes for THIRTEEN hours yesterday. We are returning the new to me washer tonight and I am ordering a new, new one. I was "lucky" in that most of the water damage was to a room with tile on concrete flooring so it is slowly drying out and we aren't making an insurance claim - we are tearing out that room eventually anyway so we decided to not spend the estimated $1000 (!!!!) to rent fans and are just running some small ones. There is no water left and not musty smell so I think it will be ok but we will be careful when we do remove the tile incase water did get under it. THANK GOODNESS my house is sloped a bit (I had no idea actually) the water travelled REALLY far through the house but turned a corner and ended up in a bathroom instead of heading straight for our carpets. I think I would have been totally over the flu but all the lifting, bending, etc yesterday made me take longer to recover. Did I mention Winst was at work/school all day so I have NO help at all cleaning all the water and then had to clean the disaster upstairs because the older kids watched the younger ones and made a HUGE mess. We didn't get any school work done at all yesterday but did manage to get the house sort-of clean again. It is going to be a while before I have that lost day of cleaning/mess from the flood totally settled again.
Ugh! Flooding is no fun whether caused by faulty equipment or nature (I have experienced and lost a lot to both, so I feel your pain!). Be sure to set up as many fans as possible to dry it out. I know when we got flooding (about a foot) in my basement bedroom when I was a teen, we had to cut a hole in the drywall and set up a fan blowing into that hole to catch any water we might not see to prevent mold.

DD had her 6 month appointment today. They said she's in the 61st %ile for weight, 69% for height and 97% for her head size . . . so I guess my baby girl has a massive noggin. . . I have a big head, too, so I suppose that's the way it goes. I am just glad she is doing well overall because she was a FTT baby for the first month of her life. (Damn my boobies!!)

She was a little champ with her shots. We brought along her favorite turtle lovey and she held it over her face. Even though she screamed, she stopped about 2 seconds after I picked her up and was giggling a minute later.