Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #4441
Antebellum
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
Grr, I wake up with a sore scratchy throat every stinking morning! Its been like this for over a month now.

I want to homestead so bad! I want a cow and some sheep and maybe a couple pigs and chickens (which will be entirely someone else's responsibility as I have a bird phobia). Someone else better do the gardening too, I kill everything I touch.
sorry about your throat our house is old and dusty (no matter how much I dust) and in the fall the dust combined with my seasonal allergies makes me miserable.

Advertisement

Antebellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #4442
alwaysfallingup
Registered Users
seller

Hi, everyone! We just got back from IL. Preston's Grandpa passed away and it was a mad dash home, and then there was family drama, and I'm just exhausted. I'm just hoping to catch up in the next few days. I'll be back to check in when I've gotten unpacked and wound down a bit. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
I read Tarot! Click here to get a reading!
alwaysfallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #4443
hishouseholdsix
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

Making biscuits and gravy for dinner tonight, yummy southern comfort food

What's your favorite comfort food recipe?
hishouseholdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #4444
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Chicken and rice, red beans and rice, or chicken and dumplins the drop golf ball sized ones! Also breakfast for dinner with fried taters!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #4445
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp, errrrr
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 10-20-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #4446
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
We had BBQ chicken, rice a roni & corn. Probably will be the last chance to grill.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #4447
Glassgal
Registered Users

Wow I drop off the face of the planet and whole bunch of new people show up to the party.

Sarah I love seeing the pictures of your chickens on FB. They're so neat.

Melissa, sorry I bailed on your thread for a while. Like I said in the round up thread I've been having a lot of personal stuff going on. Plus I've been super busy with my advocacy work.
I can't remember what I posted last so if I repeat anything feel free to skip it.

****** (edit: apparently that word is now verboten on DS, the translation is a bag full of douche) still hasn't paid so the lawsuit is getting filed this week. We are suing for 3 times the invoice amount.

Things are not working out with the other thing with the donor walls so we are severing ties with them. They aren't paying us enough to deal with their BS.

Our new dog is now named Juno. She is doing much better behavior wise since we changed her name. It's recommended to do that with dogs that have been abused. I can't remember if I told you all but she has heartworms. We are starting her treatment next week. Its going to cost so much money. I don't really have it to spend but she is symptomatic so we can't wait any more. She had round worms as well but is clear on those which is why we had to wait to treat.

I am now the assistant director of an advocacy organization call Pit Bull Soldiers. We have been doing a ton of work and events all over the place, Maryland, Delaware, PA, NJ, NY and advising in Rhode Island, Georgia, Mississippi, this thing has gotten huge fast. Some really good press as well as some awesome political contacts.

Our water heater broke and flooded the basement last week so there's more money I don't have down the toilet.

So that pretty much sums up what's been going on here lol
How's by you?

Last edited by Glassgal; 10-20-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Glassgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #4448
mamasab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal View Post
Wow I drop off the face of the planet and whole bunch of new people show up to the party.

Sarah I love seeing the pictures of your chickens on FB. They're so neat.

Melissa, sorry I bailed on your thread for a while. Like I said in the round up thread I've been having a lot of personal stuff going on. Plus I've been super busy with my advocacy work.
I can't remember what I posted last so if I repeat anything feel free to skip it.

****** (edit: apparently that word is now verboten on DS, the translation is a bag full of douche) still hasn't paid so the lawsuit is getting filed this week. We are suing for 3 times the invoice amount.

Things are not working out with the other thing with the donor walls so we are severing ties with them. They aren't paying us enough to deal with their BS.

Our new dog is now named Juno. She is doing much better behavior wise since we changed her name. It's recommended to do that with dogs that have been abused. I can't remember if I told you all but she has heartworms. We are starting her treatment next week. Its going to cost so much money. I don't really have it to spend but she is symptomatic so we can't wait any more. She had round worms as well but is clear on those which is why we had to wait to treat.

I am now the assistant director of an advocacy organization call Pit Bull Soldiers. We have been doing a ton of work and events all over the place, Maryland, Delaware, PA, NJ, NY and advising in Rhode Island, Georgia, Mississippi, this thing has gotten huge fast. Some really good press as well as some awesome political contacts.

Our water heater broke and flooded the basement last week so there's more money I don't have down the toilet.

So that pretty much sums up what's been going on here lol
How's by you?
I'm a newbie so I don't "know" you, but ! I'm involved in advocacy for a different cause (and not as involved as you are) and know how stressful all of that can be. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

To answer the comfort food question- nothing like beef stew and corn bread. With apple pie for dessert. Or my mama's rice with corn and chicken. Mmmmmm....

I am feeling really nervous tonight. Tomorrow we are taking DS1 to a local montessori school for their open house. They have already told us that they won't even consider taking DD and I am trying to not let that stop me from trying to do whatever is best for DS1. But I am not sure how I would handle it if they meet him and immediately tell me they don't want him either. DD has already been rejected from every private school in the area....I have high hopes for DS1 because he is a bit more "normal" (And I feel like a crap mom for saying that), but I'm not sure if my expectations are realistic or not. Ugh, I am just going to be a ball of nerves. Please, God, let this not be a time where DS1 throws himself on the floor and kicks me while screaming bloody murder....
mamasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #4449
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Well WOW ladies - the thread is moving too fast for me now
What a change huh Sarah???

So I am not trying to massive mult-quote on three pages of missed stuff...
A couple of you mentioned David Ramsey - do you like it? Is it easy to follow? Did you take a course? We are BAD at eating out - several hundred dollars a month bad Dh usually eats 2 meals a day out - sometimes three...

Kandy - Not sure if you are still feeling like you don't know what to say (I hope not because that was three pages ago) BUT just say anything It is nice to have you back! AND - People use the private chat??? I didn't know anyone ever used that!!!

Hello to all the new mamas also - WELCOME!

Since a lot of you did Bios I will do a mini... I am Melissa, 34 with 5 children and a DH who works WAY too much. Got married young (22) and have been married for almost 13 years. We have a hobby farm and live near Vancouver, BC - Canada. I have sheep and chickens right now and had cows who went back to auction. We've been farming for just about a year after leaving the city - TOTAL culture shock and we have MANY silly adventures in farming.

Britney - your kids are SUPER cute!

mamasab - did you enjoy your trip??? Why can't your DD get into schools? Is she SNs - my #2 is SNs and I am SO sorry you are going through that if that is the case. Here his diagnosis has opened SO MANY doors for him - too many - lol We have fully funded therapy 6 sessions a WEEK with someone or another.

Seriously everyone .. since a few of you have mentioned this... It seems like a lot of us here have trouble making IRL friends and aren't sure what to say or how it will be taken. Me too I ramble A LOT! This thread is like therapy without the bill Anything is ok to say other then bashing spelling and grammar and being mean just for the sake of being ugly.

Samantha - WOW what cute sewing. AND is your DS doing ok?

I LOVED the outlander series too. DH bought it for me for our first Christmas. Sadly the books get tedious and I am REALLY ready for the series to end ALREADY - you know since I've been reading it for 13 years The last book (spoiler but I figure it's ok since you have like a million pages to read first) she seriously just stops the book mid everything happening. A child has been stuck in an underground mine for like 2 years since the book was published and I just want her to get him OUT already

hishouseholdsix - I am super sorry I forget your name are you an Alisha or a Sarah or ??? Good on you for the tire. You have my total respect!

Sarah - how is the brooder? How is Mr Cayden doing? Feeling good and loving being at home I hope I bet William LOVES having him home now. I know Dylan would be totally lost if our older ones went back to PS.

EmmaGM- Asthma maybe? Our DS used to cough ALL NIGHT long and not realize he was doing it. He was allergic to dust.

Kris - Silly it isn't "my" thread You have been here almost as long as I was. I've missed you and I am sorry that you are going through so much pleck but congrats on becoming the director!

AND now for my weekend and the reason I needed to catch up so much
I have my neices for the weekend which is going GREAT. My house is super clean because they help SO MUCH Yesterday we went to an amusement place and go-karting - super fun! The down thing was someone commented rudely about us parking in HC parking (we are legal DS has a tag). WELL I get this ALL THE TIME but DH has never been subjected to this so he wanted to go talk to them.... needless it say it didn't go well! They blocked in my car AND phoned the police on us!!! Granted DH was yelling at them once they started yelling at him but it was AWFUL with 7 kids in the car. It got into a match of a little old lady and DH both holding up HC parking tags at one another. He feels bad about his reaction - the police totally didn't care since they were both at fault but I am SO SICK of people bugging me when I park.

Today was a great day though! Got a new washing machine since mine flooded the house a while ago. LOVE it! Top Loader - 4.5 CF capacity (so HUGE) and NOT HE so it has a real agitator! Then we had the kids birthday party - Percy Jackson theme - I dyed most of the food blue for the party - they played capture the flag in our forest, had sword lessons and pin the eye on the cyclopse. Tonight the kids and DH and I played theator sports and charades - SUPER FUN DAY!

Last edited by mg5g; 10-21-2012 at 01:37 AM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #4450
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all!

I'm not even gonna try to catch up, lol. I missed 2 pages of reading! Wow! Great to have all you ladies.

Deff Kris, so glad you are back hun! I enjoy your posts on fb as well. Esp the pics of the doggiefam members piled on your dd! So precious. Im very sorry about the heart worms. That treatment can really break the bank. Ill pray she pulls through. Thats a tough situation! I CAN NOT believe that idiot hasn't paid yet! There arn't even words. Sorry so much has been going wrong. it will get better. I tell myself all the time, "this too shall pass". Helps, a little.

Sabrina- I hope everything goes as planned for you hun. What a hard thing to deal with.

Melissa- Cayden is doing good. We have had a wonderfull weekend together. The brooder is done! Here's the pics:
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...der/?start=all
Chicks are great. Growing so fast! Although all the boys do is fight, they are happy to be together. <3 Dond worry, you arnt alond with the hc tag issues. I get such nasty looks. Its sickening how other "think" they know who really needs them and who doesnt. Mabye if I would have not lost the weight and then added another 100 to it, they wouldnt be so mean to me. I think you need that tag, and don't need their judgemental crap. Poor Winst. Now he knoe some more of the crap you have to put up with though. He'll fully understand next time you vent about it.

Congrats on the new machine girl! Don't have too much fun, lol. Good to hear too, that the nieces had a great visit. How wonderfull.

AFM-I'll prob be spending the day putting together this weeks curriculum. Need a good one based one reading and how much he's absorbing. I wanna focuc on that. Also have some outside chores, which stinks because it's 36 and windy.