Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #4451
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

dp

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 10-21-2012 at 06:03 AM.
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #4452
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers - A place to chat, make friends and support one another! Join us

tp
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89

Old 10-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #4453
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what the heck is this puters prob with me!!!!!!????

Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #4454
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg
Since a lot of you did Bios I will do a mini... I am Melissa, 34 with 5 children and a DH who works WAY too much. Got married young (22) and have been married for almost 13 years. We have a hobby farm and live near Vancouver, BC - Canada. I have sheep and chickens right now and had cows who went back to auction. We've been farming for just about a year after leaving the city - TOTAL culture shock and we have MANY silly adventures

Samantha - WOW what cute sewing. AND is your DS doing ok?

I LOVED the outlander series too. DH bought it for me for our first Christmas. Sadly the books get tedious and I am REALLY ready for the series to end ALREADY - you know since I've been reading it for 13 years The last book (spoiler but I figure it's ok since you have like a million pages to read first) she seriously just stops the book mid everything happening. A child has been stuck in an underground mine for like 2 years since the book was published and I just want her to get him OUT already

Today was a great day though! Got a new washing machine since mine flooded the house a while ago. LOVE it! Top Loader - 4.5 CF capacity (so HUGE) and NOT HE so it has a real agitator! Then we had the kids birthday party - Percy Jackson theme - I dyed most of the food blue for the party - they played capture the flag in our forest, had sword lessons and pin the eye on the cyclopse. Tonight the kids and DH and I played theator sports and charades - SUPER FUN DAY!
Sounds like a fun day! I'm sure it makes up for the parking issue. I would love a hobby farm. How much work is it? I think I will wait until ds is older & he can help.

Thanks! I plan on doing more sewing here soon. Babyville Boutique came put with new PUL prints & a pattern for a trainer. I want to make ds a bunch of trainers for Christmas. After his bday we are going to get serious about potty training.

If you find a new series to read let me know. I just can't seem to get into Dragonflies in Amber.

Ds is doing well. He has slept past 7am two nights in a row!

We have to go to our nephews first bday today. The party is at 1pm, right in the middle of DS's nap. So I am a little worried about how that will go. I think we are going to try & get Caden to nap a little early & wake him up at 1:30 & be an hour late to the party. I'm also worried about how Caden will react to a room full of loud strangers. It will be mostly family but he hasn't met anyone from DH's extended family. I hope they don't converge on us as soon as we get there. It won't go over well with Caden. He doesn't do well with crowds. DH couldn't even get him into the church for my brothers wedding a month & a half ago. So we'll see how the afternoon goes. I'll update y'all when we get back. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #4455
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Brooder looks good. Much less complicated than i imagined. I'm surprised it is so cold where you live. It was pretty warm here in RI yesterday. We had to open windows in the house. Going to be sunny & 64F here today!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #4456
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Morning everyone!

I'm on my phone so I can't multi quote.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good luck with the party and nap time. My DD is the same way. I get stressed when things cut into nap time. I hope it goes well.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #4457
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Deff good luck with the nap, and have fun with the party! May turn out fun!

It should warn up enough to go outside today. :fingerscrossed: We normally have nice afternoons, but most of the work that has to be done is in the morning. We're on a west face slope so the sun doesn't even shine on us till lunch. Then it starts to get warm. Just bitter cold nights.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #4458
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AHHHHH, DP!

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 10-21-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #4459
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We had one nice warm day here in the last week. All the others have been cold and rainy. But, it's fall. It's what we get.

I'm not sure what we're doing today. Dh is working. So it's me, DD and SO. We'll probably just hang out here all day.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #4460
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah, we have that kind of fall as well. We're at 1980 feet above sea level. In an odd location here up on the west faceing side of the cumberland plateau. We get the tornados, hail, flooding, all the wonkey weather. We're always 3-4 deg cooler than forcasted for our area. It's just weird weather here. We love it though. Fall is just so colorfull and the cool air is a nice break. It's about time for the 2 seasional creeks to start their fall/winter constant flow. It's slow right now, just getting started.