Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think it all depends on you. I did really well yesterday when we got home but m pain meds were all on time. So after we got home my mom took us to Walmart because she wanted to grocery shop for us. I had ds in the wrap carrier and did fine. Came home an after we had pizza i cleaning up most of the house. It wasnt till m husband caught me putting laundry away when he was looking for me to feed ds did he say okay thats enough lol

Today we went and I didnt take my meds on time and I'm paying for it now.

Advertisement

Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Just curious..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_B View Post
I think it all depends on you. I did really well yesterday when we got home but m pain meds were all on time. So after we got home my mom took us to Walmart because she wanted to grocery shop for us. I had ds in the wrap carrier and did fine. Came home an after we had pizza i cleaning up most of the house. It wasnt till m husband caught me putting laundry away when he was looking for me to feed ds did he say okay thats enough lol

Today we went and I didnt take my meds on time and I'm paying for it now.
Yeah, days were fine for me..but I was in pain at night. I did a lot better last night though. Keeping on top of the meds in the first 4 days is a must!!
Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceW View Post
Well today is day 5 so.. lol

I wish I could just leave things undone, but the only think I have left 'undone' is ME! Everything else is getting taken care of but me..
i turn into a gross mess post partum. i remember one time after i had dd2 dh actually told me i smelled (i think i had sour milk on my bra- i wasn't really THAT gross, lol), and i just broke down crying because it was hard to get a shower in. after that i made a more concious effort to at least get dressed in clothes that weren't pajamas every day and make sure i showered every night. the rest of the house was clean, though- the only place i couldn't take the baby was into the bathroom because it was so tiny!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Ha what is a nap. What is sleep. I am already back to school and doing errands etc. I do what I can housework wise but I have a baby that wants to be attatched to the boob all the time!
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #15
Homeschoolmomofmany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in my third year as a apprenticing homebirth midwife and we recommend to all of our clients a week in the bed, a week on the bed and a week near the bed. Those that are able to follow this heal and recover so much faster. It is amazing!

I have done it both ways. This is baby #8 for us. The first five I only took a week (if that) of rest and I would be back at it. Each time it took me 9 weeks or more to completely feel "normal" again. Lots of bleeding ect. I finally took my own advice with #6 and #7 and let me tell you it was worth the sacrifice. I was completely well and feeling good by 5 weeks. My hubby even noticed a huge difference in my healing time to the point that he makes sure I get those three weeks because he knows in the long run I will be back to normal much much sooner if I give my body those three weeks to recoup. I love to spend my baby moon just getting to know my new little one and building a good milk supply.

Now all that being said I know that not everyone has this luxury. I am blessed with lots of help because of hubby and older children. When you do not have help you just do what you have to do to get by. I remember the days of only having little ones to care for. I am glad that I was younger then because I could not do it at this old age....
Homeschoolmomofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Last night after baby had been feed and I pumped I switched over the laundry and started a new one..... I figured it would be just a little night time house work to give me a head start on today. Plus I like to do whites in hot water at night so we don't have to wait to do showers and laundry during the day lol
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_B View Post
Last night after baby had been feed and I pumped I switched over the laundry and started a new one..... I figured it would be just a little night time house work to give me a head start on today. Plus I like to do whites in hot water at night so we don't have to wait to do showers and laundry during the day lol
totally laughing right now because did something similar.. had another cluster feeding last night ..I was up again from 1:45 - 5 nursing almost non stop! so I put diaper in the wash at 4 am..and they are almost all dry now.
Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

i used to do the weirdest stuff while up late bfing! sorting diapers, trying to walk around with the baby tidying up the bedroom, trying to go to the bathroom while bfing the baby (not easy!), tidying up the living room and kitchen with one hand on my way back to the bedroom. i was in this weird sleep deprived stupor for a few mos after dd was born! and i remember getting SO thirsty at night! ah it's all coming flooding back now, lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #19
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well here I thought I was being cool doing laundry at night and this morning my mom had ready put what I had in was in the dryer and and had it folded and another started and she cleaned up the kitchen and fed dd. dh asked her why she did that and my mom was like why not it needed to be done. His mom would've just fed and played w dd. she fusses over her and doest do anything else