Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think I got a membrane sweep?

Hm. What's the concern exactly? Sounds like your body is progressing beautifully for a first pregnancy. I'm not opposed to membrane sweeps, I'm just wondering what the doctor is concerned about? I was never progressed enough for them to try a sweep myself, so I don't have experience. But I imagine it would hurt since just the cervix checks weren't fun.

Advertisement

misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
Hm. What's the concern exactly? Sounds like your body is progressing beautifully for a first pregnancy. I'm not opposed to membrane sweeps, I'm just wondering what the doctor is concerned about? I was never progressed enough for them to try a sweep myself, so I don't have experience. But I imagine it would hurt since just the cervix checks weren't fun.
DDC, but

I am never more than 1-2cm at 40weeks and then with my last, at 41weeks was just barely three, so we opted for a membrane sweep then. Mine really didn't hurt at all though. My mw stated that the sweep can take up to 72 hours to work and will only work if your body is ready. Needless to say I delivered at 41weeks 4 days. Just give your body time.

Last edited by CountryChicMama; 01-23-2012 at 12:54 PM.
CountryChicMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #13
Tiffanylamp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
DDC, but

I am never more than 1-2cm at 40weeks and then with my last, at 41weeks was just barely three, so we opted for a membrane sweep then. Mine really didn't hurt at all though. My mw stated that the sweep can take up to 72 hours to work and will only work if your body is ready. Needless to say I delivered at 41weeks 4 days. Just give your body time.
I think it is just first time mom jitters. Also, i have been dilated since 36 wks, continued to make progress all until i hit 39 wks. Up ntil that time i was having bh contractions with real ones mixed in. I just felt things were really getting close and then everything stopped i think i am just frustrated and anxious. Being a first time mom, i dont know what to expect from my body and i was hoping for all of this to happen more organically. I wasnt expecting to be induced and it was just the first time that i started to doubt my body was capable and it was/is scary for me And, the dr just seemed more concerned this last time. Nothing specific just asked me more questions than normal, had trouble finding the heartbeat, nothing real specific. Maybe dr was having an off day and add that to my anxiety and i imagined something that isnt there. Thank you ladies for reminding me to be patient!!!

Manderztheg8, hugs to you! Thank you for your kind words i had my "bloody show" for three days (or maybe lost mucus plug?) too after the appt. Got m hopes up a bit, but so far nothing hopefully we will both soon be in labor it is such an overwhelming time being pregnant and not knowing what to expect!!!

Happily getting my Groupon on
Tiffanylamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
henndoc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck. With my last baby, I had my membranes swept two times, never did anything for me. I ended having to be induced at 10 days over. That was as far as they would let me go. He was always fine, Non stress tests were fine. I'm due in 2 days, so it's looking like this one will go the same way.
henndoc is offline   Reply With Quote