Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
AmyP
Registered Users
Formerly: amp
seller
seller

How is everyone?

I'm not on FB anymore so I can't keep up with everyone. My DS3 is will be 10 weeks on Monday. He is around 15lbs and wearing 3 month clothes. He was born at 10#3 so he continues to grow a lot. I've had some anxiety problems pp but am slowly getting better. He only wakes up 1 time at night to nurse and has slept through the night several times. Calen has been the best baby. He probably knows I need it since his 2 brothers are wild
Hope everyone is doing well.

Advertisement

Calen 11/14/11
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
Duckduckfish
Registered Users
seller

Re: How is everyone?

That's great you have a good sleeper. Sorry about your anxiety issues; hope it continues to get better for you.

We are doing tons better here. Tommy doesn't sleep very well, but this week he has improved a lot. Apparently he is very sensitive to caffeine (boo!) so I've had to cut all of it out of my diet (soda, tea, and chocolate..NOO!!!!) So he still doesn't nap very well in the daytime (20 minutes here and there all day long...no long nap, ugh) But at night I've found out he likes to go lay down between 8:30 and 9:30 and he will fall asleep on his own and sleep until around 3am to eat. Then he is up for about 30 minutes, we go back to sleep for a few more hours. He also has to be covered with a blanket to sleep well which is completely opposite from my first! When they say all kids are different, it's no lie. lol

We haven't went to the 2mth checkup yet; it's scheduled for the 2nd so I'm not quite sure how much he weighs..I'm thinking between 10-11 lbs. He can still wear his 0-3mth clothing, but the newborn stuff is too small.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I'm not on FB either. Everyone seems to have disappeared to there. Oh well. Danae is about 12 1/2 lbs. now and I just started putting her in 3-6 month clothes (She still fits in the 0-3 month clothes, but with DS6, I had to completely skip the 3-6 month size because I waited until the 0-3 month clothes were small on him and he was growing so fast it didn't make sense to pull out clothes he'd be grown out of within a month). She has a hard time sleeping during the day. Her brothers love her so much they don't want to leave her alone! And she's gotten used to being held all the time (I've had my SIL's here to babysit while I get dental work done. I've had 2 root canals since giving birth). She STTN frequently, and when she does wake up at night, she'll nurse for a few minutes and fall right back asleep. I'm so glad she doesn't like to play at night! She still tends to sleep better when she's swaddled, if I just put a blanket on her, she kicks it off and complains, probably because her feet and hands are cold.

Good to hear from you!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Hi there!
We are doing good, for the most part.
I AM on FB but still feel like I don't keep up enough. I post every once in a while, either here or FB.

We are dealing with sleep issues. She will sttn if in our bed, which I'm not fond of. Co-sleeping just isn't our thing. Little by little I try to keep her in her bed for longer stretches. It's hard right now as she is fighting a horrible cough. Wish there was something I could do to make it go and stay away.

She is still tiny. She is now three months old (yesterday) and just about eight pounds or so. At her two month check up she weighed 7 lb 11 1/2 oz. I had to get some l/s outfits for her in 0-3m. Her older sister was born in May, so all the tiny things I have are too summery/not warm enough. The pants are fine, but needed warmer tops. I am thinking (hoping) that by the time she is wearing 3-6m stuff she will be able to wear big sister's things. I didn't have to go through this with my boys. (Dec, Oct, and Dec babes). It is funny...even over a CD bum, 0-3m pants still fall off.

Five children has been...interesting, especially with school. Jennifer, how do you do it? I have another homeschooling friend with 7 children. But most of hers are older, more independent. Last year, we managed ok adding in number four. But I don't know...this year has been more of a struggle, it seems.

Sorry to hear of your anxiety issues, Amy. I hope things begin to look up for you.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
SheenaBee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys_mom
Hi there!
We are doing good, for the most part.
I AM on FB but still feel like I don't keep up enough. I post every once in a while, either here or FB.

We are dealing with sleep issues. She will sttn if in our bed, which I'm not fond of. Co-sleeping just isn't our thing. Little by little I try to keep her in her bed for longer stretches. It's hard right now as she is fighting a horrible cough. Wish there was something I could do to make it go and stay away.

She is still tiny. She is now three months old (yesterday) and just about eight pounds or so. At her two month check up she weighed 7 lb 11 1/2 oz. I had to get some l/s outfits for her in 0-3m. Her older sister was born in May, so all the tiny things I have are too summery/not warm enough. The pants are fine, but needed warmer tops. I am thinking (hoping) that by the time she is wearing 3-6m stuff she will be able to wear big sister's things. I didn't have to go through this with my boys. (Dec, Oct, and Dec babes). It is funny...even over a CD bum, 0-3m pants still fall off.

Five children has been...interesting, especially with school. Jennifer, how do you do it? I have another homeschooling friend with 7 children. But most of hers are older, more independent. Last year, we managed ok adding in number four. But I don't know...this year has been more of a struggle, it seems.

Sorry to hear of your anxiety issues, Amy. I hope things begin to look up for you.
Was your DD a preemie? 8# at 3mos seems small. If she was early, she will likely not be ready to sleep the longer periods for a little while longer. Have you ever read "The Happiest Baby on the block"?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
3boys_mom
Registered Users

^She was three weeks early. She weighed 6, 11 at birth. She is long but thin. My ODD was the same and was one week early. By about 4-5 mos really started to pack on the lbs. Now my boys on the other hand....beasts they are. My 4yo at 9m weighed what my ODD weighed at 18m.

I've never heard of that book. I will have to look in to it.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I still check in on here! It is just very slow.

We are doing good. We are having some "drama" with Levi being very closed to being diagnosed as failure to thrive. He was born at 9lbs and at his 2 month checkup weighed only 9lbs15oz. I had been breastfeeding with minor supplementation (I knew I had a supply issue but didn't realize it was quite so bad), but after his 2 month checkup I was told to increase my supplementing to as much as he would take in. So, we did that and after 4 days he gained 2oz. I was told it was good but not quite good enough as he was almost falling of the growth charts, at which point they would have to label him failure to thrive. We are going back in next week and that is when they will make the final call. I'm still breastfeeding, but he is probably getting about 1/3 of his milk from me and 2/3 as supplements (donor milk and formula). I'm hoping he gains so we don't have to go the failure to thrive route.

Otherwise things have been good. He is a good sleeper (has slept 6 hour stretches at night since he was 2 weeks old). He is pretty mellow and content, though he does have reflux and spits up a lot. I think I've made the final adjustment to having 5 kids. I'm even planning on opening a home daycare within the next 6 months which will have me caring for possibly 3 more kiddies!

DH is still working in Arizona. We can only afford to have him come home once per month to visit, so that has been tough. But, he finally decided he doesn't want to work there after this school year, which makes me happy. We only have to deal with being apart until May and then the hardest 10 months of my life can be over.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Oh yea Lyn, I've always heard that babies sleep better once they hit 9-10lbs. It has been true for all my kids.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Hi, ladies!

I still check over here, and have even started a few weekly chats, but FB is faster and eaiser.

We are doing well. Seren sleeps swaddled in her bassinet from about 8 or 9 til sometime between 2 and 4, barely wakes to nurse (mostly I wake because I hear her snuffling around, but she's not really awake yet), and sleeps another few hours in bed with me. I am actually able to put her back in the bassinet, if I don't fall asleep and forget about it. She is just about 12lbs and a little over 24 inches. We are wearing 3-6 or 6 month clothes, mostly because of her length. I have been fortunate now to have any real feeding issues, but I did have to go dairy free because of super mucousy poops that even had a little blood in them on 2 occasions. I suspected dairy and stopped it about 2 wks ago, and our ped confirmed it sounded like colitis due to cow's milk protein sensitivity. No dairy for me for another 10 mos or so and I am really suffering for it

Other than that, I am really starting to be down about going back to work. My first day back will be valentines day. I will be starting to try and get back into the appropriate routine for work next week and doing some practices runs. At this point we have about 10 bags of milk frozen and I am hoping to freeze another 10 before I go back. Keep us in your thoughts, ladies, I am pretty depressed about the whole thing.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Robbie started out in his pack n play sleeping nut since about 2 weeks has been sleeping in the recliner with me at night. This way he only wakes up once a night to nurse and usually because he is restless even tho not fully awake. Today he had his 2 month checkup and was 10lb even 23.5 in long. We had originally went because I was worrried when his belly button strted bleeding - turns ou a small piece of umbilical cord was still there but they tied it of with some string and by the diaper change after it had already come off. So glad that is taken care of