Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Registered Users
thinking about making prefolds, need advice...

Thinking about making some prefolds with an inner layer of OBV and an outer layer of knit interlock (I have a couple of cute prints that I'm not using for anything...) For the inner soaker layer I'm thinking about using 2 layers of bamboo fleece. Do you think this would be enough layers? Should I use more soaker layers, or would this take forever to dry? I also have some cotton fleece scraps I could use for the inner soaker layer, how many layers would I need with cotton?

I'm also planning on making some 3 layer doublers out of the obf (for some fitted diapers I'm working on), so I'm thinking I could use these to add aborbancy if I need to, right?

Still trying to decide on size... I'm thinking about making them about the same size as a red GMD prefold, I'm assuming I would get a lot of use out of this size...

Any advice or suggestions?

sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: thinking about making prefolds, need advice...

I'm making nb fitteds for my sister. First time making diapers and don't have a pattern. To figure out if the soaker would be enough I took a cup of measured water and poured it on a regular infant prefold. Then refilled after marking how much it held and poured it on the soaker I was making. Since it held as much or a little more I determined it would be enough. You could try this and see what happens.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote