Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Registered Users
25 weeks 4 days with PIH

So I thought I would intriduce myself. I have 3 beautiful children that I am a sahm to. I am pg with my 4th little green bean. At 23 weeks I went into my ob and my bp was up. I went in again at 24 weeks and it was even higher. So I was refered to a high risk ob. I went in on Thursday 1/19 and was told that I needed to be admitted for at least 24 hours. I was 25w2d. I was terrfied. The nicu dr's came and gave us worst case secnario.
I was given steroids shots so as of today I feel a little better protected. I am worried for our little bean.
I was allowed to come home for a small duration. We have no idea how long I will be able to stay on bedrest at home and I go in tomorrow to the ob and I am afraid they are going to admit me back in. THey said when I go back in I am there to stay until my c/s. So it could be weeks.
Thanks for letting me vent. I feel bad for my kids and for my dh. I hate missing out on everything.

Melissa, wife to my CPA and mommy to ds1(03/02) ds2(11/03) and dd(05/09)
Forever in my heart miscarriage of twins at 12 weeks 08/08
Due May 2nd with a new little one
mom22boysand1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Yellow Jewel
Registered Users
Hang in there. Rest and drink water the best you can. I hope you are able to go back home after each appt. Prayers for little bean #4.
Mom to 4 wonderful children: Caleb (2006), Clara Jade (2009),
Caroline (2011); Cooper (2012)
WOHM who loves to babywear, ext-BF, co-sleep, & CD!
Yellow Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 25 weeks 4 days with PIH

I spent three pregnancies in just that spot you are in. Stay in bed, really, let your body use all of its energy to grow that baby. My first was delivered 6 weeks early because I could not take BP drugs because she was not growing very welll, IUGR. The next one went most of the pregnancy just fine and I was only induced at 37 weeks... as soon as I started spilling protein in my urine. It is not the BP alone they are worried about, that can be dealt with by taking BP drugs, it is all the other symptoms of pre-eclampsia that become the problem. I was not induced in any of the three until pre-eclampsia became an issue, even though my BP goes up right around 20 weeks. (Each time) The last pregnancy I was able to go on BP drugs at 28 weeks. I was able to carry that baby until 38 weeks, because I stayed in bed. I have also been told that getting AT LEAST 80 grams of protein a day and making sure that I got enough potassium were really helpful. In the second two pregnancies, it was true. If I got enough protein and potassium (esp. during that second pregnancy, the third time around I was to nauseated to eat) My BP's were good at each visit. It took me a long time to realize that this is just my body's reaction to pregnancy and there was very little I could do to prevent it. Just take care opf yourself, and let your DH do what he can and hope for the best. (I know that is little comfort, especially when you are facing such an early onset, but I went 18 weeks with high BP before I delivered.... I willingly took those BP meds because I know the risk is a stroke,even though I would normally try everything else first. Healthy baby, healthy momma is the goal.) Good luck you will be in my thoughts.)
Barbara mom to GRC 8/24/05 and JPFC 12/08/07 and MCC 7/18/10 married Chris 2/14/05 I fell off my parenting high horse years ago and plan on staying there.
stinkelein is offline   Reply With Quote