Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #21
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: vbac after 2 c sections?

i am about a month away from my planned vba2c...my dr is not on board...told me vbcs were not allowed ad with this being a vba2c it was out of the question...sooo i am planning ahead without him...he told me at my last appt that he has me set up to have csectino at 39 wks. i told him that we would be waiting til his edd or later...i prefered to wait til 41 wks...to let him bake as long as possible...he said we would see how things go...

i refuse to have a cseciton unless medically ness. and just because i have have 2 cs isn't a good enough reason for me!

Advertisement

Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

I met with my vbac dr for the first time the other day. I know he's required to tell me all the 'fine print' involved with vbacs.
Mine would be a vba2c. I labored with DD (#1) and they suctioned her 3x, but my hips wouldn't budge. So I didn't question c/s with DS (#2). But that recovery was aweful.
He went on to say that many of his vbacs are sucessful. He keeps an OR room prepared just incase. He also stated that he prefers doing epidurals, that way if a emergency c/s is necessary, they don't have to do a spinal block (take more time) or general anethesia (puts a stressed baby under more risk). I didnt' have an epi w/ DD, and I was hoping to go as natural as possible (yeah, with a med Dr, and monitors, irony I know). I will have to discuss this with him. Like you say, his being apprehensive makes me the same way, especially since most everyone around me thinks I'm crazy. DH is OK with my decision, but would be perfectly fine with a c/s. I don't think he quite dares to tell me I'm crazy b/c I'm the one that delivers :-) My inlaws think I'm nuts, I think they feel a c/s is an easy way out of labor, and you can plan your delivery date. My mother had all c/s, so is OK with a vbac, but I think kinda assumes it won't work out and I will have to go thru labor and a c/s again.

Thanks for letting me vent/ramble. I just feel somedays that you guys (kinda complete strangers, but not really) understand me more than my family does!

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #23
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br2me View Post
i am about a month away from my planned vba2c...my dr is not on board...told me vbcs were not allowed ad with this being a vba2c it was out of the question...sooo i am planning ahead without him...he told me at my last appt that he has me set up to have csectino at 39 wks. i told him that we would be waiting til his edd or later...i prefered to wait til 41 wks...to let him bake as long as possible...he said we would see how things go...

i refuse to have a cseciton unless medically ness. and just because i have have 2 cs isn't a good enough reason for me
!
it is not a good enough reason for sure!!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #24
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is possible not from personal experience but i have hear it is possible. I will be looking into this within the next year. I first need to move and then find a doctor that will be open to a vbac. Sometimes you just have to fight for the things that you want.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote