Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Weekly Chat Starting Jan 23- The REAL one

Another week closer to the end! Here's to sticky, healthy babies and mamas!

Advertisement

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz

Last edited by NorwexMa; 01-23-2012 at 06:22 AM.
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oops i posted on the other thread lol.

Good morning!!!! I slept so weird last night. I so can't wait for the end of feb when DH goes back on day shift!!! I hate night shift lol.

I have a 3 hour long genetics apt today. It's mostly just a lecture setting all about the different tests so you can make an informed decision. DH and I already decided were just going to do them. I had them done with DS. That way we can be prepared for anything that comes our way.

Hehe DS and I are watching happy feet 2. He sure loves these penguins!!! He's dancing and singing and just having a little blast!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Andrea thats a really long appointment! Hope the tome flies!!

I dnt have another appointment til 2/6 but my bro finally mailed back my doppler since i let him have it (they r due in march) so I look forward to hearing the hb for the first time.

This am i woke up feeling groggy but reached for my bible app and had some good prayer time. Then i treated myself to a cup of chai tea. Took ds to school and was delightfully surprised at the 40 degree weather!! I think im feeling well enough to hit the thrift stores for some wool!!!

Hope u all r having decent days as well!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Chat Starting Jan 23- The REAL one

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82 View Post
Oops i posted on the other thread lol.

Good morning!!!! I slept so weird last night. I so can't wait for the end of feb when DH goes back on day shift!!! I hate night shift lol.

I have a 3 hour long genetics apt today. It's mostly just a lecture setting all about the different tests so you can make an informed decision. DH and I already decided were just going to do them. I had them done with DS. That way we can be prepared for anything that comes our way.
Good luck on your testing! That is a long apt.

I am still not sure about any testing... I am thinking I want to just skip it. Theres nothing we can do about it anyways and if they are wrong it will be a long pregnancy of worry for nothing. If there is something wrong than we will deal with that when it comes. Maybe that is the wrong approach, I am just not sure.

Today I was trying to sleep in and DS came to the door banging and saying mama. I got up and he wont even pay attention to me!! Its been a lazy day so far since I am feeling pretty sick.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, a 3 hour appt! That is a long one.

So tired this morning even though I slept pretty well last night. Had a meeting with the school about my daughters injury last week, went well.
I have another appt with my surgeon on Wednesday so we'll see how that goes and then 1 more week until my NT ultrasound.

I know I sound so coherent but the way I feel right now this is about as much as you're going to get! lol
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
babyGmommy
Registered Users
seller

Ahhh im super happy!! I called my ob to see we hen I can drop down from taken my progesterone sup. 2times and take it once a day and she said I can stop all together
Im going to do a few nights of just one.

I hit 10 Weeks yesterday so i'm happy things seem like they are going good. I gained 1 lb....lol i'm sure my 45 lbs will be coming at some point that's what I gain with all my pregnancies...

Im in my brothers wedding in June I'll be super fat we went out dress shopping Saturday, that was fun w found something that will look great on all of us girls
Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah I'm going to bring my knitting lol. There will be a bunch of us. I figure the testing is not a big deal since its just extra blood work. If anything comes up we really don't care we will love this baby no matter what but both having medical backgrounds we don't mind helping the researches learn and this way we have 7 months to prepare for anything. I dot do well with surprises or change....
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good morning..
Once again I woke up super dizzy and with a huge ability to crawl back in bed but we are off to an ultrasound here in just a few minutes.
Andrea-- 3 hr appointment is sooo long! We don't do any of the tests and after reading about that appointment I am kinda glad. Definitely bring your knitting!!!

I am glad in a weird way to hear about other people feeling crappy like me. That sounds so weird but this is my 4th baby (5th preg- had a m/c) and I don't ever remember feeling this weak or dizzy. My heart is at ease knowing it must be normal though I wish we all felt great.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I will check in later, hopefully with a positive post about the measurements of the bleed being smaller.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
ssqueakert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't posted for a while, but do enjoy reading everyone's updates!

I'm in maternity pants too. I'm not sure that I have much of a baby belly, mostly just leftovers from DD, but I can't stand anything tight on my waist. (11w6d)

I haven't necessarily put my dreams on hold cuz of kids, but they've definately changed! I got my BS in computer science and worked for a several years before DS was born (still working FT too). My job is alright, but it is not what I want to do for another 40 years! Since having DS (and DD), I desparately want to be a SAHM. I completely believe that my calling is to be a wife and mom. It's funny how having kids changes your perspective! I always wanted to be a mom, but never realized that I would have such a strong desire to be a SAHM (I just assumed that most people worked FT and sent their kids to daycare, so we probably would have to as well). DH is working some weekends right now, and might be getting FT job during the week soon. I actually wrote him a long letter last week about how I was terrified of needing to put my babies into daycare (right now I work FT all week and he watches the kids), etc, etc. I'm terrible at trying to put my feelings into words, especially in the heat of the moment, much less have a logical conversation when I'm so emotional! But, it really helped to put it on paper.
When the kids are older, I'd love to go into something different. Maybe an EMT or something. ... I don't know what I want to be when I grow up!

Anyways...

I haven't bonded a ton with this new baby yet either. I want a big family, but am a little nervous about having 3 kids too. I worry about DD not getting enough attention as the middle child - she just turned 1 on Saturday! That, and there are the logistics of figuring out sleeping, clothing, etc, spaces for three kids in our tiny place (2 bedroom, about 1100sq ft). I know it'll all work out though!

We had my first appointment with the MW on Thursday last week. It went well. Sucks that the MW fee is $400 more than last time (a year ago), but could be worse. We tried to hear the heartbeat, but at first DS and DD were being too noisy. DH took them into the other room and the MW could hear it, but I couldn't really make it out very well. Bummed about that, but at least the MW could hear it!

We told our families over the weekend too. First told DH's side at DD's 1st birthday party on Saturday. I changed her into a shirt that said "Surprise! I am going to be a BIG sister! August 2012". DH's aunt noticed right away, his mom took forever, then just kept saying "I can't see it"(the shirt). They said congrats, but it wasn't very enthusiastic. MIL didn't say anything negative directly, but made a few annoying comments. We finally had our family pictures taken this past November and had them up on the wall (pretty much the first time we've had real family pics taken). She mentioned how they aren't any good anymore cuz there's no baby bump in it. Umm, ooook, I suppose I wasn't technically pregnant yet. But they're certainly still good! I love seeing my family and my kids featured! And, gee, family dynamics change all the time. That's our family at that time. Maybe we could...gosh, oh, I donno... get new pictures when the baby comes! (Duh!)
Then on her way out the door she completely joked about DH getting this job and me being able to stay at home. I said "haha, yea, I'd even have a good reason to" (as in three kids). Her reply was a very loud "Bullsh*t!!" I know she doesn't understand how much I'd aboslutely love to be a SAHM, but I'm pretty sure she know's I'd at least like to. I know we aren't raking in the dough and spending friviously like she is, but she can be so narrow minded! It's frustrating!

Sorry for the vent! We work very hard to just say 'whatever' and not worry about what his family says, but it does help to whine a little. Sorry!

We told my family on Sunday (also with the shirt at DD's bday party for my side). My sisters and mom were excited. Though my mom was more excited about finally being able to talk about it! She figured it out awhile ago, I just wasn't ready confirm it. Haha, apparently my mom and dad were at a work party last week and were asked how many grandkids they had. Dad said 9, but Mom said maybe 10. Dad didn't even think that it was me, but rather my sister who has 4 and is adament about not wanting more. Funny. I think he was the most surprised.

Even after telling family, I think I am still in denial! I am starting to feel better, but usually still feel like crap in the evenings. Thankfully my MS is much more mild than some others, but it's still not fun. I'm still constantly exhausted, but DD has also been having a hard time at nights recently, so I rarely (er, never) get enough sleep.

I'm glad that we told people, but kinda sad that it wasn't better received on DH's side (though we knew it wouldn't be). I guess I'm just having a hard time believing it myself. And DD is such a clingy mommy's girl, I worry about being able to still give her enough.

My ISO/IHA lists
ssqueakert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ssqueakert, I'm sorry about dh's family :{

Okay, I have a serious question to pose to all you ladies:
Has anyone felt like killing their dh lately??? I have seriously been so frustrated with his lack of support and jerky attitude. Is anyone else experiencing this??