Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82
Yeah I'm going to bring my knitting lol. There will be a bunch of us. I figure the testing is not a big deal since its just extra blood work. If anything comes up we really don't care we will love this baby no matter what but both having medical backgrounds we don't mind helping the researches learn and this way we have 7 months to prepare for anything. I dot do well with surprises or change....
Knitting! Great idea. I think its great that they give you so much info. With joey they gave me a page pamphlet that talked about them and the amniocentisis (I am sure that is spelled wrong... sorry). I thought that's what they were going to do and freaked out! My best friend has the standard ones done for the same reason as you. She just wants to be prepared and I think that's great.

The reason we don't do them is because someone close to me got a false positive. It changed how i think about them. The results wouldn't calm me down or allow me to prepare so I just want to be suprised.

Afm, ds is sick. I have never seen him so sad. We don't normally allow him to watch tv (a football or bball game a week) but we have both been on the couch all morning watching nick jr and pbs.

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon
Ssqueakert, I'm sorry about dh's family :{

Okay, I have a serious question to pose to all you ladies:
Has anyone felt like killing their dh lately??? I have seriously been so frustrated with his lack of support and jerky attitude. Is anyone else experiencing this??
I'm sorry my DH spoils me like a baby. Lol I think it's mostly because he works with sick patients all day so he understands. I wish I could give you a hug and help out!!

Meg, my bf had 2 false positives but I also have a friend with a downs baby. He is just the cutest thing. I see how being prepared has helped him develop so I'm leaning more towards that.

I've been productive today lol. I went grocery shopping took DS to the park and now it's lunch time. I'm thinking a pear and some peanuts. Yummy. Then time to put DS down for a nap and off to my genetics thingy lol.

Ohhh btw quite a few of the ladies from my old feb board (my mc) have gone into labor. Oh my goodness the babies are so cute!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat Starting Jan 23- The REAL one

I actually took the time to comment on the other thread and then ya'll started a new one lol So I'm copying and pasting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguisgirl View Post
Happy Sunday!!!

Am I the only one that feels super crappy? Fatigue, weak and lots of food aversions. I am having a really hard time chugging down the water, but if I don't I am getting really dizzy.

Tomorrow we go back for another ultrasound to make sure the bleed by the baby is getting smaller. From our previous quick u/s it looks smaller so I am very hopeful. My husband will be going with me. That will be nice since I typically don't have him come to my appointments.

Lori-- any nursing field would be wonderful.. I used to be chemo certified and worked oncology for a few years. It is so wonderful and nice to form relationships with patients. Definitely takes a special person to work oncology or hospice.

About the menstrual cloth: I agree about it decreasing your flow and cramps. I don't know why but it really does. I have some cloth but haven't used it in a while. Since we have a cousin in law living with us I haven't used it because I would be embarrassed if he saw them.

Ok, I am watching Courageous (a movie) and laying down. Have a great night ladies!!

That's pretty much me, however, that's a turn for the GOOD for me. I felt worse than that two weeks ago. I couldn't even eat. I was ready to check myself into the hospital. I have seriously never been so sick! I'm still nauseated, weak and dizzy. Anything I eat will upset my stomach or make me gassy, but I'm at least ABLE to eat now which is giving me a little bit more strength. I lost 6lbs so far and haven't gained any back.

I hope you feel better soon!

You're brave watching Courageous while you're pregnant! INCREDIBLE movie, but i watched it BEFORE I was pregnant and sobbed like a baby through most of the movie lol I hope you had a box of tissues on hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzae View Post
Feeling awful here too. Still very tired at 9 weeks; I could really sleep all day I think. And my diet has really taken a turn for the worse. I haven't identified any particular aversions, but am just not interested in most food. My stomach feels awful after every meal--nauseous and gassy/rumbly--no matter how good it may have tasted.
Mine too I find myself taking zantac a lot to help. I HATE taking med's while pregnant

AFM~ I'm 9 weeks and a few days and find that even though I can fit in smaller pants than I could before I was pregnant (b/c I've lost so much weight being sick) that my back is KILLING me in the mornings! I'm pretty sure that's a good sign of a growing baby/ uterus, but it's still uncomfortable lol I wish I could tell if I was showing yet, but I still have a pooch from my 4 other children.

On a side note, do me a favor and lets not EVER mention rice or curry. The smell, the site, or even the THOUGHT makes me so sick! K?

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Ssqueakert, I'm sorry about dh's family :{

Okay, I have a serious question to pose to all you ladies:
Has anyone felt like killing their dh lately??? I have seriously been so frustrated with his lack of support and jerky attitude. Is anyone else experiencing this??
Not killing (although I know you didn't mean it literally) but he has gotten on my nerves a good bit more lately! The kids too, although they can't help it. They're ALL sick (4 kids) with a hacking cough, runny nose, etc and it's driving me nuts to hear the coughing NONSTOP! I know they can't help it, and it's slowly getting better, but it's been driving me nuts

Last edited by myall4him2; 01-23-2012 at 11:13 AM.
myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:

I guess after two kids, I'm pretty much used to dh not doing anything different around me when I'm pregnant. Not that I expect anything... but I don't even bother telling him if I'm tired or not feeling hungry. He just doesn't "get" it. It would be nice to be treated a little more special... but oh well. So... I guess in the end he pretty much annoys me about as much as he always does, lol.

We had our dating ultrasound on Friday and baby looks GREAT! Was dancing and wiggling for us which was really fun to see. No change in the due date which is great.

We always chose not to do early prenatal screening... I can see it would be nice to get prepared if there WAS something wrong... but a positive result can just mean that there is a possibility, not a definite, so for me that's not worth the worrying that I know I would be doing. Of course, I pretty much opt out of everything "optional" just so I can avoid having to go to the hospital or lab... I hate going, lol.

My Etsy Shop ~ Get 5% off with "DSFIVE"
Snap Belts for Preschoolers ~ Crocheted Toys ~ Custom Soother & Mitten Clips ~ Nursing Necklaces Facebook
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlest_one View Post
I guess after two kids, I'm pretty much used to dh not doing anything different around me when I'm pregnant. Not that I expect anything... but I don't even bother telling him if I'm tired or not feeling hungry. He just doesn't "get" it. It would be nice to be treated a little more special... but oh well. So... I guess in the end he pretty much annoys me about as much as he always does, lol.

We had our dating ultrasound on Friday and baby looks GREAT! Was dancing and wiggling for us which was really fun to see. No change in the due date which is great.

We always chose not to do early prenatal screening... I can see it would be nice to get prepared if there WAS something wrong... but a positive result can just mean that there is a possibility, not a definite, so for me that's not worth the worrying that I know I would be doing. Of course, I pretty much opt out of everything "optional" just so I can avoid having to go to the hospital or lab... I hate going, lol.
Yeah, this isn't anything new, but he vacillates between being understanding and being a jerk so it's hard not to get my hopes up. He's just been super jerk lately....or I am just too sensitive....or when I'm not prego I'm not sensitive enough and tolerate things I shouldn't? Either way, I know it will pass, just frustrating in the middle of it.

We don't do prenatal screening either. It can lead to some invasive things and the results are not foolproof so...

Congrats on seeing the wee one! I remember the first time I saw ds he was dancing up a storm!! We are going on the 15th to find out the sex and that'll be our first view of lo, even though my mw offered a dating us,...then the 20 wk and then face to face!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hello ladies! I don't post much, but I like to read everyone else's. :0) I'm 9 weeks today. I'm excited for my first appointment on Wednesday. I'm hoping I don't get alot of rude looks/comments on this being baby number 5. At least my family is supportive. I'm also looking forward to feeling the first kicks in the next few weeks. I felt my last 2 babies right around 11-12 weeks, so that's not too far off! I've been feeling a little nauseous occasionally but have been able to control it well with sea bands, peppermints, and nibbling often.

I hope everyone else is doing great!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #18
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
The reason we don't do them is because someone close to me got a false positive. It changed how i think about them. The results wouldn't calm me down or allow me to prepare so I just want to be surprised.
I think this is how I feel too. I just don't want to worry about anything else. I can DEF see the advantage of preparation though. We have no family history or increased risk so that plays a part too.

I have been totally freaking out the last few days anyways. I will be needing a cerclage soon and that scares me. The last one was very difficult. Apparently my cervix is very very hard to reach. The last one I got they thought that my water was ruptured and that was going to likely be deadly for my son at 21 weeks. Anyways long story short it was not my water leaking it was just my bodies response to the stitch.

Pregnancy was so long and hard with DS I am just feeling a little panicky about facing all that again and having to leave DS when I am in the hospital. Hopefully it wont happen, but its a real possibility.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #19
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

hello all... I have just spent the last several hours catching up on the last few days. OYE... there has been alot going on! I need to fix the kids lunch, so I will not be posting anything new, but I wanted to say hi and wish you all a productive day :-)
Old 01-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
I think this is how I feel too. I just don't want to worry about anything else. I can DEF see the advantage of preparation though. We have no family history or increased risk so that plays a part too.

I have been totally freaking out the last few days anyways. I will be needing a cerclage soon and that scares me. The last one was very difficult. Apparently my cervix is very very hard to reach. The last one I got they thought that my water was ruptured and that was going to likely be deadly for my son at 21 weeks. Anyways long story short it was not my water leaking it was just my bodies response to the stitch.

Pregnancy was so long and hard with DS I am just feeling a little panicky about facing all that again and having to leave DS when I am in the hospital. Hopefully it wont happen, but its a real possibility.
I will be keeping this in my prayers. I'm sorry you have to go through that.
I think pregnancy, even those without any complications, can be so hard. I can't imagine those with complications. I'm praying for courage, strength, and peace for you, mama. Keep us updated!

...and I just want to share really quickly that my doppler just arrived from my bro in CO. Two seconds after I put it on my tummy I heard a healthy, strong, and consistent 160ish beat (not a scientific count...my iphone stop watch and me counting ). Many of you know I have been anxious about this! I started crying! I'm so RELIEVED!

Are higher hb associated with females usually?