Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A little blue today

So ds has lost weight. He lost then gained and has now lost again. I now have to breast feed then formula with a bottle and not a little feeding cup. I just feel like a failure. I really hope he does't prefer the bottle over the breast. I'm just going to have to start to pump. We have to go back to the dr on Wed. It will be our 4th time in a week. So much for not taking him out that much. Dh is being very helpful but, is driving me a little batty. He had last week off and took this week off. He would never make a good stay at home dad. Not enough patience for 24 hours with kids. I feel bad but, just want him to go back to work.

Advertisement

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A little blue today

mama! Keep your head up!!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Have you contacted an ibclc? Post in bfing support tons of support there and great advice. I went through the same thing with ds2 but we over came it and by 6 weeks we were supplement free. S has a tongue tie so far it hasnt effected weight but it will if i dont get it cut soon
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl
Have you contacted an ibclc? Post in bfing support tons of support there and great advice. I went through the same thing with ds2 but we over came it and by 6 weeks we were supplement free. S has a tongue tie so far it hasnt effected weight but it will if i dont get it cut soon
How do you know if they are tongue tied?
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

These are great sites to tell you.
http://www.cwgenna.com/quickhelp.html
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...9#/6f0fd029/18

S cant stick his tongue past his lips there is a little indention in the tip that kinda makes a heart shape if he pushes it out(does that make sense)? He not having any issues ATM but it needs to be done bc it will effect him in a few weeks when milk starts to level out and speech later. And his latch kinda hurts not to the point where im bleeding or cracked just not to pleasant.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
audreyr
Registered Users
seller

I pump so that my husband can do one of the night feedings. We use the Comotomo bottle and I found that it actually improved my sons latch and breastfeeding has been easier since we introduced it.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstategirl
So ds has lost weight. He lost then gained and has now lost again. I now have to breast feed then formula with a bottle and not a little feeding cup. I just feel like a failure. I really hope he does't prefer the bottle over the breast. I'm just going to have to start to pump. We have to go back to the dr on Wed. It will be our 4th time in a week. So much for not taking him out that much. Dh is being very helpful but, is driving me a little batty. He had last week off and took this week off. He would never make a good stay at home dad. Not enough patience for 24 hours with kids. I feel bad but, just want him to go back to work.
You're not alone, I'm right there with you! My dd is not gaining fast enough either, so ive been doing both bf and formula. And I found out today I'm gonna have to take bp meds, so I'm gonna have to go to formula only. trying not to feel guilty, but it's tough, so hugs to you!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 01-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyr
I pump so that my husband can do one of the night feedings. We use the Comotomo bottle and I found that it actually improved my sons latch and breastfeeding has been easier since we introduced it.
Thanks! I'll have to check it out.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm so sorry mama, no advise.. just

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyr View Post
wow that sounds like a great idea! You know my husband has been feeling SO left out since I am BF this time around.
Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller

I am sorry mamas. None of you are failures for having to supplement. Some babies need a little extra help. I thank god that we have these interventions for our little ones who need them. Being there for our LO's making sure they get the best of what's possible is the most important. I can guarantee you in 20 years they are not going to scold you for ensuring they were healthy. And lets make sure we all visit the BF forum like someone else said! There are some great mamas with super advice around!
Ummsamiyah is offline   Reply With Quote