Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: Ibuprofen and 26 weeks pregnant.

Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
My OB told me it can cause absorption of amniotic fluid. Who knows!

I think it's really a risk you have to weigh with yourself and your dr. I have taken Advil during pregnancy at some point. I guess I feel like going to the hospital and getting Morphine is just as risky or dangerous. I have heard many untrue things on here about pregnancy no-no's over the years so it's hard to say based on replies alone. I talked to my OB and she said once or twice is not a concern. But that was MY dr's opinion. I have taken high doses of NSAIDs after a car accident and to control heavy bleeding, like 800mg every 6hrs. That can cause serious problems. I took 400mg twice during my 2nd trimester for a bad headache and it worked well. Much better then letting it escalate to a full blown migraine and end up on 2 category C drugs in the ER which I've had to do in previous pregnancies.
But like anything, you should talk to your dr and go from there.
My ob didn't mention the fluid, but I've always had excessive fluid so maybe it wasn't a concern she had in my case. For myself, it also was the lesser of the evils. I had a abscessed wisdom tooth that was causing sinus infections and I was in agony. The other choices were much, much scarier with their potential for harm. Besides labor, I've never been in so much pain in my life. I couldn't even function.

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Ibuprofen and 26 weeks pregnant.

Chiropractor!!! You'd be amazed at how much better you'll feel after an adjustment!

My hips hurt SOOO bad during my last pregnancy that I could barely walk, and it made me cry. Went to the chiropractor and my hips were SOOO out of whack, as was most of my back. Before the chiropractor was even finished with my adjustment, I felt a million times better!!!

God bless!
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote