Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Bringing home 1 twin with other still in NICU

Has anyone here had a twin come home while the other still had an extended NICU stay? How did you manage to visit the one still in the NICU? DD2 is coming home soon and DS still has at least 6 more weeks there. Any advice?

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh mamma ! My second twin was only six days late. To be honest, he got one visit in that six days. I would say utilize everyone you can to watch the LO at home. Try to schedule babysitters as much as possible-when someone offers to help make that your first request! Lots of hugs!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
triplet-momma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bringing home 1 twin with other still in NICU

Aww that is so hard. My triplets came home spread over about 2 weeks and to be honest, there weren't to many trips to the hospital during that time It's a very stressful emotional time and I always felt like I was pulled in different directions; combine that with trying to pump milk and take care of the kiddo who was home and I was one stressed out momma!

Do you have any friends or family you trust to help you with the LO who is home so you can get a break to visit? Or what about when dad gets home from work he watches one and you visit the other?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
mokie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My B/G twins came only only one day apart so I don't have much advice... just commiseration that being a NICU Mommy is h.a.r.d. and if someone offers you any kind of help you must take it!
mokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our girls came home only 2 weeks apart, but that was tough. Fortunately our NICU allowed me to bring sister in so we had no problems. They even let her room in with us the night before sister came home, and let us hook her to the wall oxygen!