Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Cloth diaper craziness

Well, looks like I may be adding a few gdiapers to my stash...my patient is a big gdiaper fan and her kids model for them and she gave me a bunch of coupons. Apparently when she volunteers for them she gets partially paid in products and gets coupons to distribute. Maybe this will be my long outing diaper? Variety is the spice of life right?!? Lol! So many options out there! Ahhhh! I'm cara and I'm a cloth diaper junkie. Where is the nearest CD Anonymous meeting?

Advertisement

luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth diaper craziness

I loved the gdiapers I had with my last baby, but they never worked as well as they should because daycare kept putting them on backwards and DH never made sure they were fitted right around DS's chunky thighs and they always leaked. Blech. I'm in love with Flips and all their pretty colors. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding when I have enough. If you know where any Cloth Anon meetings are I might have to join you
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi, name is Holly and I'm a cloth diaper junkie. hehe! I haven't tried gdiapers but a friend of mine loves them. It sounds silly, but they looked complicated to me with the liner and the insert thingy and the swisher stick and I don't even know. It's probably just my brain making it harder than it really is. Anyway - yeah, count me in for the Cloth Anon meetings!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #4
jessie327
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 bags of the gdiaper inserts to use this time around. Wish I had more covers though. Love them for out and about when I don't feel like lugging around our cloth.

la de da
jessie327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I think these would be perfect for our day hikes and camping trips...not that we'll be doing much camping this summer. But thinking about carrying around baby, a bunch of prefolds or pockets, food, and water...we have lightweight packs but I think even that will weigh us down. I may need to look into diaper modeling for my baby so he/she can earn us some fluff! Lol!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

i loved gdiapers. im going to get some for the new peanut. they were my gateway to cloth...i took me a while to do it right, but they were so thin! them!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
RunAroundSue
Registered Users
seller

I'm new to CDing, my friend brought me to the fuzzy side this last weekend. My bundle of joy is still several months out, but I've already purchased almost a dozen different CDs to try! Can someone tell me about these gdiapers?
RunAroundSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would like more info about how gdiapers work, too. I was on their site last night - which looks nice and all but is incredibly hard to navigate and find info on. I am not understanding the snap-in liner/pouch part. Is that the only way they are waterproof? Would you change it with every diaper change, or just wipe it out like you would a flip or something like that?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A gdiaper is 3 parts. An outer cloth shell (NOT waterproof), a snap-in liner (1 snap on each corner), and then an absorbent material. You can use their disposable inserts or even prefolds if you want.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

My understanding, from the g-diaper using mama I know, is that you can just wipe clean the plastic liner or you can choose to preload extras and just snap those in. I think it's like other covers where if it's not too dirty, just wipe clean, but if poop got on it, switch it out. I think if the poop is able to stay in that plastic bit, then having extra snap ins is good because you don't need to wash the cloth outer portion. Babies R Us had 2packs for $29 so with my $2 coupon, each cover came out to $13.50, only a little more than the thirsties covers I'm getting for everyday use when I'm not hiking/long distance traveling with baby. I may need to take a trip to their retail location here in town so I can take a look at their patterned covers too. Found out that whole foods will not price match BRU though. Oh well!