Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
aphlbrck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Co-Sleeper Experience or Advice?

Hi Mamas,

I'm considering getting a co-sleeper for this baby as none of my babies have been able to go or stay asleep unless they are being touched by me and I never sleep well when they're in bed with us. Have any of you used a co-sleeper? What are your experiences? And, would you recommend a particular kind or brand?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-Sleeper Experience or Advice?

We have the original Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper that we used until DS was 6 months. He could have lasted much longer in it but we started bed sharing then. We plan to use a co-sleeper/bassinett again for the first few months this time, but we just got a king size bed so the original won't fit any longer.

Have you looked at the ones you keep in the bed with you as well? Not sure how good they are but it's something to look at.

Oh, we couldn't get the co-sleeper to line up perfectly with our bed but it didn't make a huge difference.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We used a regular crib and attached it to our bed as a side car. It worked great and we loved it. I'm out and using my phone right now but I can post pictures of our set up later.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
chach4
Registered Users
seller

i got an arms reach cosleeper for a reasonable price on craigslist and used it at the beginning, for about 6 weeks. it was handy to have him so close to nurse at night. and its also nice to have it now we use it as pack and play. i wouldn't ahve spent the $150 for a new one as we dind't use it that long, but its ok.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, here was out set up last time. Sorry, I took the picture when I hadn't put anything in the crib yet.

We will be doing the same thing this time only with a different crib since we got rid of that one not knowing we were going to have more. But it will basically be set up the same way. I LOVED this! Lizzie could sleep and I could be right there with her, then I could scoot her over to nurse and scoot her back over to sleep. As she got older sometimes she would just roll over into bed with me. We kept it like this until she was about 18 months old and then we put the crib back together and she got her own room.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

We used a PNP for both DS and DD. I wanted a mini arms reach cosleeper with DD so we'd have more space in our room, but couldn't find one for a decent price. I'd like to get one this time if I can find one for cheap. I ended up sticking DD in our bed a lot because I hated having to try to pull her out of the PNP, and she loved to cuddle.

How long were ya'll able to use the cosleeper? we used the PNP with DD until 6 months when she started pulling up and standing all the time. She was about 12lbs. Can a cosleeper last that long?
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysprincess View Post
How long were ya'll able to use the cosleeper? we used the PNP with DD until 6 months when she started pulling up and standing all the time. She was about 12lbs. Can a cosleeper last that long?
Lizzie coslept with us until she was 18 months old, we could have actually gone longer but by that time DH and I wanted our space.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
kej
Registered Users
seller

I was handed down an Arms Reach cosleeper which I used for 2 babies and I loved it. It didn't line up height-wise with our high bed but it was great. I would recommend it for anyone.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
tcmt81
Registered Users
seller

Due date crashing here.. I have a full size arm's reach cosleeper and use it until baby can sit up unassisted, which was 8 months with my first DD. Very happy with it.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Angie, where are you located? We're selling our original co-sleeper to get a smaller one.

We used the full size co-sleeper until DS was 6 months, but it could have lasted much longer.

Our 75lb dog fit nicely in it lol

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote