Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby Names?

Is it bad that we don't have any names picked out yet? With DS I had a list of names long before I was even pregnant and we picked his name shortly after we found out gender. This time we're going team green which means we'll need 2 names and neither I nor DH have had any motivation to sit down and discuss names.

Advertisement

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby Names?

With all my kids I had names picked out well in advance. Except with the twins, the girl, never wanted to reveal to us her gender. We found out half way through Jan (and they were due in March) that she was a girl finally, but we never could agree on a name. I wanted to name her Clementine so I held out and we did not name her until 20 minutes before we walked out of the hospital and that was because the military hospital we were at would NOT let us leave until she had a name. DH wanted to name her Scarlet. Somehow we ended up going with that. If it is a girl this time her name IS going to be Clementine though
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had DD #1 name picked out by week 30 or so I'd say. DS didn't get named until after he was born. We just couldn't agree on anything. This one had a first name almost as soon as I got a BFP, and we picked out a middle name yesterday after the ultrasound. I wanted Viola, which I've loved ever since I heard it in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and we decided to pair it with Patrice. My MIL had a sister named Patricia that was murdered a very long time ago and we have used family names for middle names with all of our kids. So Viola Patrice will be joining Leta Josephine and Derek Arthur.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm really impressed that so many already have names picked out! We haven't even talked about it, and probably won't really worry about it for a while either. We've got a boys name that we both like that we haven't had the chance to use...so we could always use that. And with my girls I have always changed my mind in the last few weeks anyhow...so I figure why stress myself out about it for a few extra months? Maybe after out gender ultrasound we'll have a little more motivation.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For boy names, just refer back to the list you made with DS. Then your only real challenge will be girl names...or you can do like me & use boy names all around!
If I'm ever blessed with another girl, she will a have 'mostly boy' used name too.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

With my son, we had names by about 12 weeks. Kiona Grace or Zackary Christopher.

With my older daughter we were expecting twins so we had 2 boy names (Jackson Daniel, Alexander Robert) and 2 girl names (Katarina Lynn, Chloe Grace). We went with Kat since she is named after my mil and my dad-the 2 people she is most alike.

With the youngest we had names long before our bfp, we tries for 9 months so had a full year and a half to get some names If Addyson Joy was a boy she would have been Jackson Robert.

I still love the name Jackson but a close friend at church named her son that so we had to come up witv something new this time. I was leaning towards Robert for a middle since it was my grandfathers name and we lost him to cancer in 2010. It also is my fil's middle and my husbands uncles name and my uncles name. Then I fell in love with Ezekial and my husband loved Grayson so we compromised with Grayson Ezekial just this week. And agreed on Reagan Eden for a girl. Very late on the game for us since we like to call them by name and pray for them by name as early as possible.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

We had been ttc for a long time so we discussed names for over 20 months. Even before stopping the pill (what a waste of money that turned out to be!), we agreed that the boy would be named Edward for his GF. It's also his dad's MN, his MN, his brother's MN. Turns out it's also my uncle's MN. That uncle performed our wedding ceremony so that's cool. I just hope my twilight loving friends don't think it has anything to do with that. Neither DH nor I are twilight fans. Well, since it's not my first choice for a boy's name, we agreed that I got to pick out the girl name so I went with my first choice of Maia. DH and I both have 2 middle names so we're doing the same for our kids. The first will be Japanese for my cultural heritage, and the second name will be Scottish for his. So far we have the first names and the Scottish names set but still deciding on the japanese names. I need to verify that the Kanji means what my resources say it means. I'll be asking my good friend as well as a few of my Japanese patients that are actually from Japan. DH has a friend who we'll also ask. We figure if the consensus agrees, then we're good to go.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I don't feel so bad now We're planning on moving into a house soon (Hallelujah!) And DS and will have his own room where we'll also put the baby's clothes. Maybe that will get us thinking of names

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With DD I wanted Cheyenne and DH hated it but after about 6 months he woke me up one night and said we should name her Cheyenne! Like it was his idea or something lol. With YDS he didn't have a name till the birth certificate lady came in to get the paper work. DH and I argued in front of her for 10 min about his name (Isaac) his second name. I didn't like his first pick. With this one we have a girl name (the one we were gunna use if YDS was a girl) Sydney. For boys names we cannot agree AGAIN. We both like Zachariah but then our boys names would be Taylor, Isaac and Zack like the Hansen brothers band, you know ummbop ummbop! So we won't be using that lol.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

we still haven't decided. i think it about a little bit here and there...and have some favorites. i bring it up with DH and he keeps saying he just isn't "ready" to pick the name yet.

With DD, we had her name before we even knew her gender! With DS, it was right after his ultrasound i thought of his name and we loved it. This poor peanut...nothing yet!

Thinking...

Addison Rae("ray" after my dad who passed away when I was younger)
Adrienne Rae
Calyann(pronounced cal-ee-ann) Rae

Carston Ray
Dixon Ray