Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
My Mood:
Smile Feeling Empowered!! (circumcision/vbac related)

Well...not sure the reason for the post. But I'm just excited.

I've been planning on having a VBA2C this coming July. But the last couple weeks, I've been started to be overwhelmed with fear. I started to think maybe I'd just do another csection(which btw, I'm not against, just don't want another for me!)...and it wasn't my educated decision, it was a decision based on fear.

But today...I started to realize what was happening. And I grabbed that fear and burned it up! I had a heart to heart with God and I feel absolutely confident in my ability to have a VBA2C. I know my body can do it! I'm not going to let these OBs bully me anymore. I've made my decision and hubby and I are ready to stand our ground! It just feels like its a relief that I'm 100% decided and I refuse to be swayed.

And in other news...

If you follow BWF(birth without fear on FB) she put up a post recently about a mama who circumcised their first son but now second guessing doing again for their second. We circumcised DS because we didn't know any different. DH had one of those "when I was in the high school gym..." kind of stories and it seemed no big deal. Since being informed(as with many other things...) we've decided it wasn't for us. But we were feeling ok with the idea that if this next peanut is a boy, we'd circumcise him. Why make him different than dad and brother?

But after reading all the comments on that post, I started second guessing. If we never had a DS up to this point, we'd absolutely not circumcise. But it seemed like the best decision since his brother would be. But after those comments, I brought it up to DH that it really isn't that big of a deal...its more of a deal to the parents than anything. We're always honest with our kids, and just as DD was vaccinated until 2 and DS wasn't, we'll tell them we did what we thought was best at the time...and later learned otherwise. So, we both completely agreed that this next one will not be circumcised!

May seem like no big deal to others, but I'm so happy to have an understanding DH who is willing to change ideas and go against mainstream for the best of children!

mabelinoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Feeling Empowered!! (circumcision/vbac related)

I'm so happy that you feel so good about your decisions! I does feel good to have thoroughly thought through something, reached your decision and feel confident in that decision!

How great to have a DH that gets it too!

Yay mama!
SAHM to DD ('07) DS ('09) and DD2 ('12)
me_just_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

good for you guys I have one circd and 2 intact and it hasn't been an issue at all!
__________________ New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Awesome! So many seem to think that if they did it for one, the others have to match...which isn't the case! They are all different anyway! Yay for good news!!

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Registered Users

♥ Awesome! Congratulations on your epiphanies.
2much2luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Registered Users

congrats!! i know it feels great to know what you want and to know how to get it!!
**Please forgive any typos!!**
Bridget... Married to my bestfriend since '03...
SAHM of 3... Dd1 9/08, dd2 12/10, and ds 4/12
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:
What a great feeling! Good luck with your VBa2C! I had a twin VBAC last time and it was so empowering! And the recovery was so easy. We've decided if this next LO is a boy that we aren't circing either. Our 3 other boys are (like you said, it didn't seem like a big deal and we didn't research or look into it at all - just went with what we were familiar with.)
Babywearing, CDing, BFing, HSing Mama to a 9 year old boy, 8 year old fraternal twin girls, 4 year old identical twin boys, 2 year old baby boy Quinn and hoping to welcome our rainbow baby in the Spring!
Avi: The girls at 1.5 years old in Blueberry Minkee Pockets!
kcprochazka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
kushie tushie
Registered Users
My Mood:
Good luck on the VBA2C!
Your little guy will thank you . Good for you for doing research and making a great decision.

Blaming typos on my "smart"phone's auto-correct
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013)
Forever missing Jeremiah Asher (our angel lost to Anencephaly at 31 weeks)- November 6th, 2015
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
No Longer Here
My Mood:

that great!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:
I am secretly hoping for a girl ( even know I would love a boy) just so I don't have to try and bring this up to DH.
Melissa my newbie Paxton Richard. Marine wife to John SAHM to 4 little turkeys
Mamata3 is offline   Reply With Quote