Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
puppyluv
Registered Users
seller

What to try next?

I want to buy a few more AIOs for out & about with DD... I like the BGE's for this, but I'd like something stay dry. Fleece liners shift around and bunch too much for my liking. I've got a couple of inserts ITW/OTW to try out as well (grovia staydry doublers, and ME staydry/cotton liners), but it would be nice to have something for DH to use that doesn't require a lot of extra parts... just pop it on the tush and go.

Looking for something with a trim fit, narrow through the crotch, stay dry, and natural fiber soaker. DD is a bit of a heavy wetter, but the BGE is absorbent enough to last her a few hours while out. I don't have a preference anymore with snaps/aplix. I like the idea of the AIO because unstuffing a soggy pocket after it's been in the wetbag a while just isn't appealing.

Does this diaper exist?

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What to try next?

You could do the itti bitti d'lish SIO (sized diaper with bamboo and suedecloth topped) or the itti bitti tutto (one sized diaper with bamboo and suedecloth topped)
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I know you want stay dry -- the best stay dry I've tried is Rainshine Designs, but they are hard to get.

My best diapers are everything you want but stay dry: Bottombumpers and peachy greens. Their natural fiber soakers do the job. The fact that they get wet doesn't seem to bother baby one bit.
FulHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Lesley@CottonBabies
Registered Users

I really like the new bumGenius Freetime! It's really easy to use (even my husband thinks so) it's stay-dry, very absorbant, pretty trim (about the same as the Elemental) and it dries really quickly on my drying rack in my house. We absolutely love them!
Lesley@CottonBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley@CottonBabies
I really like the new bumGenius Freetime! It's really easy to use (even my husband thinks so) it's stay-dry, very absorbant, pretty trim (about the same as the Elemental) and it dries really quickly on my drying rack in my house. We absolutely love them!
Agreed
Old 01-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've heard good things about the new bg freetime and the new thirsties duo aio

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 01-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

I'm curious to try the new (to the US) ones & twos AIOs. They're economical, seem really trim, and have cute colors. The only drawback is that they're microfiber.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
floridatracy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Swaddlebees one size has a stay dry layer. It's an aio with cotton. It's pretty narrow through the middle although I think that the simplex 2 is narrower. It doesn't have a stay dry layer though.
floridatracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
MomBecks
Registered Users

The only one I can think of with natural fibers and stay-dry is Simplex OS AIO. I love 'em, but they are pricey. I guess another option would be stuffing a hemp inserts into a pocket like Sweet Pea, Thirsties, or Smartipants that don't have to be unstuffed. HTH!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
puppyluv
Registered Users
seller

Okay, so I think I'm ready to buy a few AIOs. I'm going to just use stay dry inserts or liners to get the stay dry I want, instead of finding a dipe with it built in.

Of these dipes, which is the trimmest, narrowest but still decently absorbent for a moderately heavy wetter?
- Bottombumpers
- Peachy green
- Swaddlebees simplex 2.0s
- Bugga Bugga boutique

I'd like to try RSD but they're a bit more than I'd like to spend, especially since I'd like to buy 3-4 dipes.

I tried out a grovia shell, and the fit is just odd on DD... if the AIO fits anything like the AI2, I don't think grovia will work for us.

Posting from my iPhone, hope it's legible

Last edited by puppyluv; 01-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.
puppyluv is offline   Reply With Quote