Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #21
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just want to encourage you mommas to do your research

That's a good point.

EVERY disease has not been contained with vaccines.

But MANY have.

Advertisement

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow.

am i the only one that found the penn&teller youtube video highly offensive? yikes.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
Not an attack on anyone, this is just a general comment concerning the interpretation of anecdotal and scientific data.

Correlation does not prove causation.

Just because the grass is wet doesn't mean it's raining.
Did you know that if someone is hit by a bus and dies while they are in a drug study, it HAS to be reported as a death in the statistics? Sounds crazy, but it's true. You have to take everything with a grain of salt these days.

And it is correct that there are diseases that have mostly died out on their own (like bubonic plague), and diseases that will likely never have a vaccine (HIV unfortunately). It all has to do with how the disease in question is spread, and IF a vaccine even has a chance to work against it. Learning to take showers, wash our hands, and not crap in the water we drink has had a lot to do with some of it (Yay 21st century!), and how viruses and bacteria work is another part of it. For something like HIV that cripples the very mechanisms that vaccines use to do their job, it's probably an impossible task.

I'm a big proponent of free will and support a person's decision to do pretty much anything as long as you're not deliberately hurting anyone else. This includes the choice to not vax. I just want people who choose to not vax to be aware of the real risks posed by not getting vaccinations, and to realize that some of the main reasons quoted for not vaxing are either not an issue anymore or have been debunked because of the false information they were based upon to begin with.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #24
Mommy0912
Registered Users

As a healthcare provider that frequently cares for sick and critical children, I believe in vaccination. I would prefer to love my child no matter how or who he is than loose his life to an illness. Although rare, death can occur with practically any childhood illness. As a parent do what you feel is best for your child and family
Old 01-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awesome - keeping it civil.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy0912 View Post
As a healthcare provider that frequently cares for sick and critical children, I believe in vaccination. I would prefer to love my child no matter how or who he is than loose his life to an illness. Although rare, death can occur with practically any childhood illness. As a parent do what you feel is best for your child and family

Sadly SIDS deaths are quite common and many are vaccine related. Just read parents stories. Many have been forced to have SIDS written on the death cert. even though they insisted it was vaccines. Vaccines kill and do more harm than the diseases do. Just look at the flu the rate of flu deaths had greatly increased since the vaccine was introduced. Same with the polio vaccine in the 50's the increase was an average of 430% after the vaccine was introduced.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #27
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh and I forgot to mention gardasil, there have been deaths and disability claims issued over and over since that one came out.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #28
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Sadly SIDS deaths are quite common and many are vaccine related. Just read parents stories. Many have been forced to have SIDS written on the death cert. even though they insisted it was vaccines. Vaccines kill and do more harm than the diseases do. Just look at the flu the rate of flu deaths had greatly increased since the vaccine was introduced. Same with the polio vaccine in the 50's the increase was an average of 430% after the vaccine was introduced.
There have been so many studies proving this FALSE--but I know you don't believe them. Parents used to think babies died because some old lady gave them the evil eye or the cat climbed in their crib and stole their breath, that doesn't make it true.

And there was the worst whooping cough epademic in 55 years in CA in 2010 and babies died. If every stopped vaccing heard immunity would die out and these diseases that true, might not kill a healthy 12 year old, but can kill small children and the elderly will make a come back. You are already seeing it with meseals and whooping cough.

I think every partent should make their own decisions and decide what is more important to them--but that isn't what your thread is about. It's about coming to the same conclusion you have, which is, in your opinion, the right one.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #29
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There were several large well done studies, one by the NIH, that showed that SIDS and vaccinations have no link and there is actually a slight decrease in deaths due to SIDS in infants that are completely vaccinated. Most SIDS deaths occur between 2-4 months of age, so by sheer statistics, 1 in 8 SIDS deaths will occur within 1 week of receiving vaccinations. Studies have also not been able to show any link between SIDS deaths and the immune system at all.

I will fully agree that the number of influenza deaths has increased yearly (not just since the vaccine was introduced in the 1940's). However, the actual percentage of influenza deaths had declined. You have to look at the number of people on the planet total, not just the number of deaths. The population has increased from 3 billion in 1960 to about 7 billion right now. I'm just throwing out numbers for easy math, but if the flu death rate goes from 10% in 1940 to 5% in 2011, there's still going to be a higher number of deaths in 2011 because there are billions more people then there were in1940, even though the actual percentage of the total population affected has decreased.

If you want to believe vaccines are bad for your kids, fine. It's up to you as a parent to make the best decisions for your kids. But please base it on actual up to date information and not stuff that sounds a lot scarier then it really is if you look a little closer at the total body of information available.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #30
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuligs View Post
I think every partent should make their own decisions and decide what is more important to them--but that isn't what your thread is about. It's about coming to the same conclusion you have, which is, in your opinion, the right one.
That is a lie, I never said everyone has to come to the same conclusion i have, in fact I said each family has to decide for themselves. Fact is, there are two greatly different beliefs on this. One says vaccines are not beneficial and cause harm and death ( which as a matter of fact is listed in the vaccine inserts as a risk). The other belief says vaccines are beneficial and reduce disease.

Both people cannot be right. There is one right group and one wrong. Someone is lying and someone is telling the truth. That is where parents need to do their research and figure it out for themselves. All I have done is point out that one side has billions of dollars at stake and the other are simply sharing the stories of what has happened to their own children after vaccines.

As I said before ultimately the parents have to decide that for themselves, I hope you moms on his due date forum will search it out for yourselves as my goal in posting to was to encourage those of you I have been getting to know here to do your own research. It's your decision to make.