Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #21
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: does anybody NOT like CJ's BUTTer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcupcake View Post
I don't like the stick version. It's not smooth enough for my liking. And some of the scents (coconut lime and warm vanilla cake, I'm looking at you) smell absolutely disgusting when mixed with baby poop.
totally agree with the scent things I mean they are devine in the container but mixed with poo UGG!! I use and LOVE the CJ spray but I mad e the mistake and got coconut lime and blueberry crumble as the scents. Love the CL on its own but mixed with diaper goo and umm eww.. Not a fan of the BC its too sweet reminds me of EBF poo even on its own.

Deanna

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I Love it to the point of obsession. I started out loving the tub for mild rashes and prevention on DDs bottom. I got the spritz and LOVED it....BTW, if you like coconut oil you would probably like the spritz, which has coconut oil as a main ingredient. Next, I moved on to wool wash and spray lanolin...yum! Then I decided I needed to coat Momma in butter too, LOL! I use the stick of butter as face moisturizer (cured my rosacea and dryness, and evened out my complexion), the creamy body lotion (feels moisturized all day, but isn't too thick and smells delicious) and I love the lip balm too!

PS I swear I don't work for them! I also gave out sample size creamy lotions with my christmas gifts, and have given butter as baby shower gifts too

Last edited by juliasmom; 01-26-2012 at 12:45 PM.
juliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
seacat
Registered Users
seller

I don't not like it...it just doesn't work for us. I use GroVias magic stick or burts bees if its really red.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #24
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think my DD is sensitive or allergic to lanolin so it gave her little red bumps, so I moved on to aquaphor that gave her bumps too (then I realized it had lanolin in it too) so now I use just plan old vaseline which is a really good barrier but I don't think you can use it with pocket diapers (I use it with cotton prefolds and flats no problem at all)
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #25
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

We tried scented & unscented, in a tub & spray, all gave him a rash. I just use Magic Stick now.

stephanie, mom to 3 big girls (1/94, 8/99 & 9/02) & 1 little guy (12/30/09)
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
minneapolisite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebrok View Post
He gets little red bumps - usually concentrated on his face. Looks a bit like heat rash. He doesn't like coconut, so he doesn't usually have it happen, but he does have a weakness for Tootsie Rolls - which cause him to break out from the coconut. I noticed my LO gets red on her bum when I was using the CJs with coconut - also when we were using baby wash with coco derivatives in it she was heat rashy looking on her chest. So we switched to Kiss My Face and all better! =)
Very interesting, thanks for sharing! My brother gets extreme headaches from consuming or smelling coconut. I didn't know tootsie rolls had coconut in them!
At-home mom of DAK (Oct 2011) and #2 (Oct 2014)
minneapolisite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #27
rosebrok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by minneapolisite View Post
Very interesting, thanks for sharing! My brother gets extreme headaches from consuming or smelling coconut. I didn't know tootsie rolls had coconut in them!
Me neither, but he swears they do because its the "rash he gets when he has coconut". (FYI, the ingredients don't say coconut). =)
rosebrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #28
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

I love it. The one time my LO had a rash, I was using Boudreaux's Butt Paste and it was making his skin dry and start to peel. I was frantic to find something that would help. I got CJ's and after one application, it was SO much better. In 3 days, the rash was gone! I was so relieved. We've never had a rash since but I put CJ's on LO from time to time just because I love the scent and it makes his skin extra soft.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #29
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tammi totally sucked me in with a free sample. I like the stick more, and honey pacholi (sp) smells like old women. Sea spice is my fave. And the cake one is growing on me. I have ginger lime wool wash and wish they made them lighter scented.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #30
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reithegenki
I hated it at first - it only seemed to do nothing or make rashes worse. I then got a free sample of unscented from CJ (it was huge too, like 4oz) to see if that was my problem and it was. Now I love it, but know that we can't have scents. My son isn't sensitive to ANYTHING else in the world aside from scented CJ's BUTTer.
Maybe I should do this. We have a couple tubes & it seems to make DS's rashes worse. But he has super-sensitive skin, too.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote