Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Obsessing over my hospital bag

It's not like the baby is going to come any day now but I just can't stop my fingers from itching to pack the hospital bag! And it's not like I don't have enough to do around the house, or that I'm all done getting new baby stuff together. I just really want to pack that bag! Am I the only one having hospital bag crazies?

Advertisement

pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Obsessing over my hospital bag

I can't say that I've had the urge - but I think a lot of that is because I don't even know for sure yet where will be living, if I'll have the opportunity for a birth center birth, etc.... it's all up in the air right now. Last week I came home to DH moving all of ydd's things (crib, dresser, toys) into odd's room so we can get the nursery ready hahaha! HE is the eager one this time!

Last edited by SqueakersMama; 01-25-2012 at 02:32 PM.
SqueakersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL I actually had a dream about mine last night. I was wondering where the heck that mini suitcase is in the garage.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have all my travel size toiletries and extra toothbrush and brush packed in a bag already but that's because we live in a typhoon prone area and have stuff pack a lot of the year. So really I just need to put so undies and my iPad/ charger in the bag and I am set.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm decorating the nursery area instead to keep me busy for now, but I think I'd better check and make sure that I even have a bag I can use! DH took the small duffel bag for his gym bag. Maybe I'll just use the spare diaper bag instead.

I had piled a bunch of stuff in the crib to get it off the floor and out of the way until I went thru it and last night I pulled it all out and organized some of it. DS just HAD to climb in and asked if he could sleep in there. He got upset when I told him no. Silly boy.
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Mama2McKenna
Registered Users

I always wanted to pack my bag, but I would end up taking things out of it that I needed. I finally decided that I would leave it alone until I was in labor. That way I had my comfy clothes out, not packed away, and it gave me something to do to keep me from rushing to the hospital in early labor only to have to sit and be put on a timer.
Mama2McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm the same as Holly.

Not sure if I'll be living on the west coast or the east coast. So as much as I'd like to prepare everything this second, have to wait!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
philenabean
Registered Users

I'm not thinking about my hospital bag at all, but I am thining about diapers and wraps/MTs/WCs almost non-stop. It's becoming a crazy obsession. I remember going through this with DD1 and all of the baby gear. Is there a such thing as pregnancy OCD? I don't know how many hours I have spent studying, comparing, contrasting, dreaming about what I should purchase, but I haven't made a single purchase yet. There are too many choices! I just want to hand someone my money and have them buy my diapers and wraps for me. I'll use them and love them, I'm sure!!!

Maybe I should just direct my energy into decorating... Sounds like a good idea.
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe becuawe this is my 5th... But I haven't done crap lol Hospital bag wont get packed till 36-37 weeks. I want no dusty fresh stuff to pull out
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I am ecstatic about not having to pack a bag at all this time I hate hospitals and they never let me shower afterwards and I never ever seem to get any sleep or rest.

I am going insane about getting the diapers, wraps and woolies all done and feel like I am in a hamster wheel making no progress.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote