Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
What to pack for a csection hospital stay

My weekend goal is to pack my hospital bag just in case I go into labor/ water breaks before my csection date in February. I'm curious to know what others packed. I've had two c-sections and each time baby came before I had a chance to pack and I just don't want to risk it this time.

charmaca02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What to pack for a csection hospital stay

I've had 2, the first an emergency so I was totally unprepared, the second was scheduled a week before my due date. I loved having my own nightgowns and a robe the second time ...2-3 nursing nightgowns, robe, as many post pardum pads and maternity undies you think you'll need, toiletries, something loose to wear home that won't rub your stitches...couple of baby outfits and diapers for pics...I know I've forgetting stuff, it's been 4.5 years lol.
Single mama living the dream in her little hippie house with the kiddos and pups.
Willow's_lilmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Registered Users
Slippers with rubber soles, loose comfy clothes and panties, your own pads if you care, shampoo conditioner face wash comb toothbrush toothpaste etc. Cell phone charger, camera, nursing bra if you nurse. I also brought clothes for baby because I hate those hospital shirts, and a book.
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
My Mood:
The same you would take for any birth just make sure the clothes go higher than your incision.

Sent from my iPhone...excuse any autocorrect mishaps!
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What to pack for a csection hospital stay

I utilized a lot of what the hospital gave me - mesh panties (asked for more to take with me too!), nursing gown for the first 24hrs and pads/gauze to keep the incision area clean and dry. Once I was up and moving I liked to have loose pants/nursing tank to wear as well as socks with grippers on the bottom. I like to have my own tooth brush, paste, deoderant, brush, hair ties and chapstick.
Katie - WOHM to two boys and wife to a third boy.
Expecting our third child at the end of October!
Lovinmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote