Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
misstea
Registered Users

EDS anyone?

Hello,
I'm a few weeks into my first pregnancy (due Sept), and have EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrom). Anyone out there have EDS and can share pregnancy experiences? Good and bad.

Advertisement

misstea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
*Kate*
Registered Users

Re: EDS anyone?

I haven't been diagnosed with EDS but I have a hypermobility disorder that doctors haven't quite decided what to call yet. Which type EDS are you? I have heard that pregnancy can go both ways with the hypermobility type. For some women it can make their symptoms better, some worse. For me (again I haven't been diagnosed with EDS) pregnancy is not easy and it has gotten worse with each subsequent pregnancy. This time I have a handicap placard and a cane and I take roxicet for my most painful times.
*Kate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
misstea
Registered Users

Re: EDS anyone?

I have the hypermobility type. I've had chronic back pain for years (and I'm only 30), and often joint and bone pain. A couple months ago I found out I'm also allergic to caffeine, after cutting that out my deep bone pain and joint pain has just about completely gone away. I'm worried about the fact that with pregnancy joints get loose - I already have those, I don't need more. My PT told me that if I got pregnant most likely it would be painful, and to pray I don't have twins. I am just a little into my pregnancy, so have no idea how it will be for me, hoping for the best!
misstea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
LittleClaraLove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have Marfans Syndrome and am 23 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I have hypermobility issues but my collagen is defective everywhere, like my eyes and the lining of my aorta. I'm followed VERY closely by a cardiologist and I have echocardiograms and fetal echocardiograms in each trimester to monitor everything. Thankfully my heart has performed perfectly throughout both pregnancies and I was able to deliver my daughter naturally, with no interventions.
LittleClaraLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misstea
I have the hypermobility type. I've had chronic back pain for years (and I'm only 30), and often joint and bone pain. A couple months ago I found out I'm also allergic to caffeine, after cutting that out my deep bone pain and joint pain has just about completely gone away. I'm worried about the fact that with pregnancy joints get loose - I already have those, I don't need more. My PT told me that if I got pregnant most likely it would be painful, and to pray I don't have twins. I am just a little into my pregnancy, so have no idea how it will be for me, hoping for the best!
Get a good maternity support belt. It will help immensely with any joint pain.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote