Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
leila03ash
Registered Users

Baby Registry

I dont really know where to post this, but I have a question about amazon registry. Will people understand that I don't care where the product is bought? As in, I don't care if they use Amazon, it was just an easy way for me to make a list. Also, how do I say that gift cards are appreciated without sounding rude?

Advertisement

leila03ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby Registry

I have found that many people don't use the computer to shop. you may want to make a target list.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
leila03ash
Registered Users

I want stuff that target and babies r us don't carry like cloth diapers and biokleen.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

maybe add a note to the registry??

but registries are generally a waste of time..i spent a lot of time and received maybe 3 items from the list. i got a lot of stuff that i thought people who were close to me would know I would never use, like J&J products.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
maybe add a note to the registry??

but registries are generally a waste of time..i spent a lot of time and received maybe 3 items from the list. i got a lot of stuff that i thought people who were close to me would know I would never use, like J&J products.

I used a site called wishlist that complied several sites together. Even though the expensive items like amber necklace, CDs etc are going to be online, this time I'm making my registry at Walmart and Target. I hate hate hate walmart and target meh... But that's where my family shops so that's where the registries are at. I miss the days when family used to give us checks or cash.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

i am making a reg. although not planning on having a shower as this is baby #3 for us and around here people usually only give showers for 1st babies (sooo sad i think!) but i am making the reg. so that i know what all i need to buy and too...after due date most places will send you a coupon to buy whatever else is still on your reg...sooo making the reg. to get the coupons and on the off chance that someone ask what i need i can tell them that i am reg. at ---- with ideas for gifts.
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila03ash View Post
I want stuff that target and babies r us don't carry like cloth diapers and biokleen.
but surely some of the stores like Target carry something you want. So I'm thinking if you have one online store and one store they can visit that would work out in your favor. So if you have say an aunt that goes to stores then they can get you something that you will like or at least be able to return because it was purchased off of your registry. With out any store registries you may end up with lots of one piece outfits and no receipts so the return value is very little.

We ended up returning some doubles that we got for our first baby and was able to use the store credit for other things that we needed like thank you cards, or deli suppers.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
leila03ash
Registered Users

^^^that is not a bad idea.

Does Walmart give you any deals after the due date? I'm currently boycotting target due forget rude customer service, but if Walmart or babies r us gives discounts after then I can go there.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila03ash View Post
^^^that is not a bad idea.

Does Walmart give you any deals after the due date? I'm currently boycotting target due forget rude customer service, but if Walmart or babies r us gives discounts after then I can go there.
No deals at walmart but you can return stuff and get in store credit and use on many items people would never buy like towels to put on the floor during baby's first bath.
There is a weird completion deal at BRU. It excludes so much stuff though. And you can get bigger discount coupons in the mail for the large $$ items.
Sorry about the bad service at Target. Ours is great it is even nursing friendly.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
leila03ash
Registered Users

Thanks for the info! Most of the time target isn't that bad, but I had to return something bought online and they gave me such a hard time because I paid with PayPal. They were trying to say I would have to go through PayPal not them. I need a place that is a little flexible in the return area and target just isn't it. I will definitely try Walmart.