Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #11
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Rant: buying NEW diapers

not quite sure what the problem is

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #12
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Yep crazy hormonal. They're cloth diapers - most of my family wouldn't have a clue what to get if I asked for cloth diapers and wouldn't get them for me. I'd just use them and not really treat them any different. I'm due in april and I'd be ecstatic to get cloth diapers as gifts.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
Chris10
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can always sell these new diapers and buy used with what you get from them and even have a little left over

I agree with pp who said these people may not know where to get used dipes or how to tell if they are in decent condition or not.
Chris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
yotricia02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenBee View Post
Love them and think great things about the people who cared enough to send you beautiful fluff rather than some useless toy.
So true, i agree!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #15
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I am going with the others and saying crazy hormonal But that's allowed.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #16
yotricia02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm lucky to be in Colorado where there are alot of Cding stores, they have used bins and such. I'm glad to get something useful cause I have been begging everyone to get CDs to I never have to buy diapers again but it is so much more cost efficient to buy used. I'm gonna attempt use them and treat them just like used and not stress over it. LOL I don't think I would mind so much if they were like a custom diaper but I guess it's because it was a small FB. Plus I know the baby doesn't care what the diaper looks like anyway.

Ok End of rant, thanks for listening and advise!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #17
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by b bright View Post
I not ever fully prep new dipes when I get them. One wash and they get worn. Sure, they might not catch as much pee because they aren't fully absorbent or whatever reason, but they will eventually eat prepped completely and I still get to enjoy them in the mean time...lol.
Yeah, that. I wash them once, then start using them. The first few times you might need to change more often, but at least you are getting some use out of them. Honestly, pretty much everyone I have ever talked to about using cloth diapers has looked at me like I have three eyes. If I had asked people to give me used diapers, I think they would have thrown me in the crazy house. It's awesome you got cloth diapers, rather than sposies. I agree with you that I don't care whatsoever about stains, and I don't do anything special to keep them clean. So just use them, enjoy them, and give a big thank you to whoever gave them to you!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #18
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow. I live in CO, too and didn't know that the cloth diaper stores had a used bin :-) We do have a pretty good selection of cloth on CL, though, although I've been burned with the condition of the PUL and elastic buying off of CL :-) Enjoy the new fluff!

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought for a moment you meant PFs, and if that was the case I'd totally agree prepping new PFs is a total PITA and I'd take used over new every time. But I think the PPs are right, IDK that anyone wants to be the one who gave you used diapers as a gift unless it was from their own stash. Everyone wants to give the shiny new impossibly cute thing for babies, not the most practical.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #20
Madame Medina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotricia02 View Post
I'm lucky to be in Colorado where there are alot of Cding stores, they have used bins and such. I'm glad to get something useful cause I have been begging everyone to get CDs to I never have to buy diapers again but it is so much more cost efficient to buy used. I'm gonna attempt use them and treat them just like used and not stress over it. LOL I don't think I would mind so much if they were like a custom diaper but I guess it's because it was a small FB. Plus I know the baby doesn't care what the diaper looks like anyway.

Ok End of rant, thanks for listening and advise!
Since your local to me have you heard about the Just Between Friends Consignment sale in the Springs? They always have a good selection of used CD for cheap. And if you wait for the half price sale you get some really cheap.
The New Spring Catalog is HERE! For every $31 you spend in March get your choice of seven totes at 50% OFF! Thirty-One Gifts All DS mama's who host a catalog party with me earn DOUBLE in Free Hostess Credit. Looking to earn some extra money? Join my team in March and get your kit for FREE. Ask me how.
Madame Medina is offline   Reply With Quote