Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Moms of more than one; cervix position?

So I just did a visual inspection of my cevix--which I feel I am hardly qaulified to do as I am not an acrobat but I wanted too because I was having some killer vaginal pain; anyway it seems really low. Is this just a product of multiple chiildren, or something I should be concerned with? DH is trying to ban me from researching on the internet

It just occured to me I rarely think about my cervix apart from early and late pregnancy

Advertisement

Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of more than one; cervix position?

Wow I have no idea - I haven't ever kept track of mine this early. I wanted to bump your post though so it didn't get too far down the page. I hope you get some good answers!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

other than the few weeks of TTC this peanut...i've never kept track of my cervix. Until then...I didn't even know *where* it was exactly and what its function was Well, other than what they taught me in health ed in high school!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Suburbangranola
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 6, and #7 is on the way. Mine is still way up high but I know when I get close to delivery it makes its way down. How low do you think it is? No way could I do a visual inspection of my own. I am wondering maybe if it is tissue fold dropping low into your canal or possibly a cystocele or rectocele that you are feeling/seeing? If you are feeling it with your fingers is it soft or hard? I see you are due in July? It should still feel hard like the tip of your nose.
Bonnie. Christian, homeschooling, cloth diapering, non-circumcising, breast feeding, baby wearing, home cooking, granola-type wife to my amazing (hard working, awesome father) husband Brian, mommy to 6 crazy cool kids, B 3-98, A 9-00, J 4-02, P 4-04, Lil A 2-07,Lil P 7-10 and one sweet peanut due 3-12.
My poor neglected blog: www.suburbangranola.com
Suburbangranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbangranola View Post
I have 6, and #7 is on the way. Mine is still way up high but I know when I get close to delivery it makes its way down. How low do you think it is? No way could I do a visual inspection of my own. I am wondering maybe if it is tissue fold dropping low into your canal or possibly a cystocele or rectocele that you are feeling/seeing? If you are feeling it with your fingers is it soft or hard? I see you are due in July? It should still feel hard like the tip of your nose.
It's absolutely my cervix, I got creative with a magnifying mirror and I am pretty famillar with it because of NFP I did not feel it though yesterday but I think I will look at it again today and if it still seems low I will check it better.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
mom2threeboys
Registered Users

I am on pregnancy # 6 ( baby #4) and I have done NFP for years so I am very comfortable in checking mine. I don't usually mess with it during pregnancy though. I have checked it a few times from stabbing cervix pain ( I used to get that in late pregnancy). The pain isn't often though. BUT, my cervix has been really low ( like VERY low) and then the next day way high to were I can barely reach it. So mine seems to move. I have no clue if it is normal though. I do know it has been closed tight. Some times it is softer than others. I have pretty much decided not to check anymore and just leave it alone. I haven't had cramping of any kind or bleeding. But no clue what the sharp pains are that come here and there.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threeboys View Post
I am on pregnancy # 6 ( baby #4) and I have done NFP for years so I am very comfortable in checking mine. I don't usually mess with it during pregnancy though. I have checked it a few times from stabbing cervix pain ( I used to get that in late pregnancy). The pain isn't often though. BUT, my cervix has been really low ( like VERY low) and then the next day way high to were I can barely reach it. So mine seems to move. I have no clue if it is normal though. I do know it has been closed tight. Some times it is softer than others. I have pretty much decided not to check anymore and just leave it alone. I haven't had cramping of any kind or bleeding. But no clue what the sharp pains are that come here and there.
Yes, that is me as well. I usually don't mess or look until the very end (and in the begining when I am thinking I might be PG) that pain you are saying you got at the end of PG is what I usually get too, and usually toward the very end. That was why I was freaking out about how early it was this time. I think that my cervix--like yours moves. I think it's related to how long I stand on my feet. I had a car accident during my last PG and I ended up standing for what seems like forever. Cops--tow truck-- all that fun stuff and when I got to the hospital my cervix was really low as well. The only problem with my theory is I was actually on my feet a lot less than usual yesterday BLARG
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this may be TMI but i know that sometimes mine is lower then other times. like sometimes when DH and i DTD it hurts because i can feel him hitting my cervix and sometimes i dont so i am thinking that the cervix just moves around lol. i have had 2 babies already and this is the first time i felt like that.