Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #21
Registered Users
Re: How much to charge babysitter?

The lady I used to use charged $20/day. She watched quite a few kids though. She recently quit and got a receptionist job - she is making less now but she just needed the change.

dancnfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I pay 125$ per week per kids independantly of how much they go. My four years old typically go 35-40 hours per week and my baby maybe 15 hours per week. It is average in my area.
zosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #23
Registered Users

The going rate here for a nanny (in your home) is 12-15/hour and for drop-off in-home daycare it varies from $175-250 for full time. I have seen ads on CL for as low as $80 a week but I'm not sure if I'd want to leave a LO with someone who undervalues their work. I'd want to really check them out and make sure that they were providing quality care from a pure motivation. Good luck finding someone!
NYC transplant. Seminarian. Mama to 2 big girls. Aunt to 7 great kids. Nanny to an itty bitty

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #24
Registered Users

Originally Posted by bsmcmackin View Post
If I may ask what do you do to make ends meet as a SAHM? I am pretty unhappy at my job and miss being at home with my kids every day. When my third child starts daycare we'll be paying more for daycare then I make which is ridiculous! We're trying to see if we can get daycare assistance through the state but we're not sure if we will. Even with two kids going we can't afford daycare I don't really really want to work and would love to focus more on my crafty art personality but I don't know if that's possible.
Obviously I cloth diaper. I also breastfeed so no formula. All of our meals are from scratch. I am hoping to put in a garden this summer to help. Almost all clothing is used from garage sales. I buy thrift store sales. This means I buy and store clothes a year or two ahead of time. When looking for a house to rent location was of primary importance. It had to be either close to public transport or within walking distance of my husbands work. This way we can make do with only one car or if the car breaks down we can manage with no car. I shop only sales at the grocery stores. I walk as much as possible to stores to save gas. I hang laundry to dry on a line whenever possible. We keep the heat between 60-65 in winter and the air condition is often at 85.We have been known not to use the heater until December and the air doesn't get turned on until at least June and preferably July. I try not to turn it on until we are well into the 90s. At our last home we lived 6 blocks from the local recreation complex. I made a pass a priority because instead of air-conditioning we would go swimming. In the winter we would also go so we didn't have to keep the house as warm. I would also make sure showers were done after swimming to save on water at home.This way we could save money and have fun. My then 3 year old taught himself to swim we went so often.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

Depends on your area. My city you can't find anyone to watch a kid for under 200 a week.
Adoption is my option!Adoptive Mom to Cory (6 years old)
Heartbreakingly long wait to adopt baby 2. (5 years waiting at this point with no end in sight) Please lord..end this wait soon.
Kimmyann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:

In Missouri, it ranges from $90-125 depending on where you live. I have found that licensed providers are a little cheaper, but it's hard to get them to take newborns. I'm not sure if I'm going to have to go back to work when this one is born. It saddens me if I do. I'm trying to get it in my head though. I know God will give me the strength!
FilipinaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:
My friend runs an in-home preschool and charges $23/day for drop in or $100/week. She doesn't take infants but I can't remember her actual minimum age. I'm lucky, she only charges me $20/day/kid for drop in. She provides all the food.

My mom actually watches/homeschools my kids but my friend is my back up for when Nana has doctor appointments or is sick or needs a day off.
- Addie -
Wife to
Mama to (3/07) and (2/10) and our bonus blessing (3/12)
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #28
Registered Users
My Mood:
My in home is $40 a day. I give the same to SIL when she watches when daycare is closed.
Wife, WAHM, born-again Christian, proud mommy to my loving, energetic son (4) and blessed, miracle daughter
God gave us our RAINBOW baby !
I WILL WARRIOR ON... This mama misses her three baby angels (10.19) (1.29) (4.18)
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #29
Registered Users
I pay $250 a week for a 2 yr old and 9 mo th old. In the fall the rate will go down to $200 a week on e 2 yr old is PLed.
agzip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #30
Registered Users
My Mood:

Most people near me are $200 for a newborn, and $175 for older kids. The center I really liked was $280.
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote