Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylatch
I've read this too many times about these to even try them. Maybe they are under warranty? Maybe buy five of the exact same ones and send the holes back in a month?
Please don't do this. That is terrible and dishonest. It's the nature of organic cotton to develop holes over time. But I would think you can definitely reuse the soakers. It's a great idea actually. I detatched the soaker on the front of mine with a seam ripper and it's actually already serged. I think the back might be too.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
brynsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to do with holey BGE

I think I will try just using it as an extra soaker. Thanks for letting me know it's already serged. BTW - I wouldn't consider sending them to Cotton Baby. It's dishonest, fraud, and wrong. (and I totally believe in karma...)
Old 01-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
babylatch
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't do it of they weren't still under warranty and I didn't have the receipt. Personally I think when you pay that much for a diaper they should last quite a bit longer. I've read too many time those diapers have holes after only three months. In that case... You bet your butt I would send them back.
babylatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
if you did remove all the cotton from the inside you'd basically be left with a flip cover
Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I wouldn't do it of they weren't still under warranty and I didn't have the receipt. Personally I think when you pay that much for a diaper they should last quite a bit longer. I've read too many time those diapers have holes after only three months. In that case... You bet your butt I would send them back.
ya, and that would be an acceptable transaction because you are sending back the same diapers you bought on warranty. not switching them with diapers that are not covered. I'm shocked that anyone would think to do this, let alone advise others to do so. I'm assuming you have never owned your own business and dealt with this kind of fraud and profit loss
Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Quote:
If they were still under warranty and you had the receipt you wouldn't need to be dishonest and send back the wrong diapers. Cottonbabies has great customer service and would exchange 3 month old holey diapers that were bought new. Unfortunately, diapers don't last forever so yes, sometimes they will get holes after lots of wear. Especially organic cotton. Since you know that, don't buy BGE's, or Grovia AIO's for that matter. But advising someone to buy new diapers and then send back the old ones as if they were the new ones is terrible advice and bad ethics.

Last edited by joyous; 01-28-2012 at 10:19 PM.
joyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #17
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama View Post
if you did remove all the cotton from the inside you'd basically be left with a flip cover
Actually it a great idea. Like it!

Cutting soakers will work. I have never seen BGE in person but from the picture it looks that the soaker is stitched to the front and to the back. If you rip that seam, you won't need to do anything else.
I thought you wanted to save the body too and cut the soaker out of the inner part of the diaper.

Last edited by olstep; 01-29-2012 at 07:18 AM.
olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #18
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by olstep View Post
Actually it a great idea. Like it!

Nope, it won't work. I looked at the picture again. it seems that elastic is attached to the seam between the inner and the outer. I need a better picture to tell for sure.
You may end up with no leg elastic if you rip the seam.
YOu can cut the cotton inner carefully around the legs and see if it works. It won't be lke Flip though because of the cotton part that is left
olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #19
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:
I would just hand stitch it shut with cotton thread

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #20
brynsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have enough material left to stitch it shut (on some of the holes). The poster who mentioned using it as a cover gave me the idea to line it with a prefold and just use it that way. Yay for creativity. Thanks, mamas for the ideas!