Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Someone called my ds longies clown pants

I know it was said in jest but it hurt my feelings. I have no one around me to share the wool love.

I'm spending my birthday money on nice yarn but besides my dd there is no one to say, "That is going to be so cute!" or understand why I would spend a bit more for nice yarn.

blah!

Advertisement

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
jelybean333
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Someone called my ds longies clown pants

Cheer up mama, I have had people swear my DD's longies were from gap or another expensive store, When I told them I made them, they were like no really where did you buy them. ROFL. Some people will never get it.

Kristina, wife to J, mom to G, and OYYMN available! Ask about yarn for woolie trades!http://www.flickr.com/photos/35826128@N02/
jelybean333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw, that's horrible! If people had any idea how much we pay for the yarn (and in my case the knitting too!) they'd keep their mouths shut! We love the woolies! Post pics and we'll drool with you!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelybean333 View Post
Cheer up mama, I have had people swear my DD's longies were from gap or another expensive store, When I told them I made them, they were like no really where did you buy them. ROFL. Some people will never get it.
You know the person who said it has a very hard to fit baby. Like 9 months wearing 24 months clothes. She keeps buying commercial stuff and it just not going to fit right because he is shaped like a baby not a toddler. I was hoping she'd catch the wool love so she can just invest in a few pieces that fit instead of constantly struggling to find something that fits but no go.

She tried upcycling some pants (I made a couple for my kiddos) and she hated those too.

I do think it is a handmade cannot be as good as store bought perspective.

I've been invited to a local knitting circle a couple of times. I should really just start going.

Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My FIL flat out told me he doesn't like them. I responded "well, you were able to dress your kids how you wanted right?".
Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama View Post
Aw, that's horrible! If people had any idea how much we pay for the yarn (and in my case the knitting too!) they'd keep their mouths shut! We love the woolies! Post pics and we'll drool with you!
I love looking at those woolies. There is such beautiful craftsmanship, the stunning colors etc. I lurk on the stash threads all the time.

I was tempted to blurt out how much I paid for the "clown" pants but I kept it to myself.

We have other clothes but I find myself reaching for the longies (and so does my family) more often than not. When my toddler just grew out of the last of his longies we were sad it was like the official end of the wooly stage.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
jelybean333
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some people's jaws have dropped when I told them how much a custom knit anything can go for. They seem to prefer commercial over a perfect fitting item made specifically for your child. Weird.

Kristina, wife to J, mom to G, and OYYMN available! Ask about yarn for woolie trades!http://www.flickr.com/photos/35826128@N02/
jelybean333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post

I do think it is a handmade cannot be as good as store bought perspective.
That's always weird to me how many people feel that way. I would rather buy something handmade over commercially produced any day.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
kbrooks24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

UGH yeah I had this happen at the park the other day. 2 guys were making fun of Kellen's pants while DH was playing with him and I was standing RIGHT beside them! I just said really loudly "I'm his mom and i'm standing RIGHT HERE" I hope they were really embarrassed! How rude!

kbrooks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
My FIL flat out told me he doesn't like them. I responded "well, you were able to dress your kids how you wanted right?".
What doesn't he like about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelybean333 View Post
Some people's jaws have dropped when I told them how much a custom knit anything can go for. They seem to prefer commercial over a perfect fitting item made specifically for your child. Weird.
I admit when I first started looking at wool I got sticker shock. Then I started using wool and I was like "Oh this is what the hype is about!"

But I never called them clown pants!!!