Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

swagbucks question

For those that watch the TV...do you run it on two computers? We have a laptop and a desktop, and dh and I both have accounts, so with the auto refresh I war hoping to get the points on both accounts, but it does not seem to register on both. Maybe bc its the same IP address? Also, do you actually claim the 150 points a day and if so how?

Advertisement

DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mrsthomas1014
Colleen+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

Re: swagbucks question

I am relatively new to swagbucks but from what I understand you cannot be running it on two computers. I could be wrong, but I feel like I read that somewhere.

I keep my computer up and running most of the day anyway, so I just click on it when I walk by...or in between clients at work. I keep the sound off, so it's not a bother at all. I do not get the full 150 points, I actually have not really tallied how many I have gotten today!
Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the reply! I had an account for a while but just got back into it. I do have the app on my phone, and it lets me run both of those...

EDIT: I have my computer upstairs running. Don't know if it's counting the points, but I did just get some down here. I guess it can't hurt to leave it running...I made dh's account as a referral, so I think I will use that during the day to search and do things,if that makes sense.
DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

Last edited by Colleen+1; 01-30-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, I've never really tried the TV.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Can I add another question? Is there limits to how many you can get in a day, not just the TV limit?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

No limit to how many total SBs you can earn in a day, but if you are using auto refresh and you have more than one account on the same IP address you are pretty much guaranteed to get deactivated. Probably right after you cash in for your gift cards.

Their system is great at catching people who are breaking the rules. I would tone it down a bit, and only use one account.

I know they say one per person, not per household, but they don't seem to follow their own rules when deactivating people.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #7
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
No limit to how many total SBs you can earn in a day, but if you are using auto refresh and you have more than one account on the same IP address you are pretty much guaranteed to get deactivated. Probably right after you cash in for your gift cards.

Their system is great at catching people who are breaking the rules. I would tone it down a bit, and only use one account.

I know they say one per person, not per household, but they don't seem to follow their own rules when deactivating people.
Interesting. Thank you! I've been slowy learning/reading about it on threads on here. That is where I read about the auto refresh. I will be more careful, and follow the rules.

If anyone has any tips on getting bucks, I would love to hear them!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #8
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I had the same issue, and if you know how routing works, it's pretty simple to see why. If you're running two computers in the same household, you're probably running behind a router or some other external gateway for both to get to the internet. The internet itself doesn't see two computers, it sees one address, the address of your router. Your router is the one that does the job of separating the traffic to go to the right computer, but the internet, and thus swagbucks does not see that. You could be running 2 computers there or 20, it just sees the one address and gets confused, that's why you're only getting SBs for the first computer, or both finally locking out half way. It doesn't seem to be an issue with searching, but it appears that SBTV is limiting by IP address. If you were to pack up the laptop and go to an internet cafe, or attach to a different network, it would probably work, assuming no one else on that network is running SBTV that day.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

That makes sense. I just thought well, if I can use both, why not. But if it's going to cause issues I won't. This is just for a little something extra. It does not make much sense to me though with the TV that they don't let it just continuously run. I use the app on my phone a bit during the day, and that doesn't require anything, it just constantly runs giving me 2 sb every 5 videos or something. I did have enough sb to get the sale on the 25 amazon card though!