Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper Sprayer - Necessity or luxury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
you are SO right! Mine has not yet discovered the on/off valve, thankfully
My DD is 7 so we showed it to her and how to work it right after hooking it up - just because we know she is going to mess with it whether we tell her to or not, so I'd rather her know how to use it and know it has to be turned off . She tells me she won't be using it to help with baby brother's diapers though loL!

Advertisement

Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Heck yes! Absolute necessity in this house.......YDD is 18 months old and still has a couple massive peanut butter poops a day.......we wouldn't be without it. With ODD we didn't CD until 14 months and she had plopable poops so it was necessarily a "necessity".....but this time around it definitely is.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
hokiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would not be cd'ing without it. I have 3 toddlers so I am spraying constantly. (I don't spray newborn poop) I probably spray about 10ish mashed in peanut buttery/toothpaste-like toddler poops/day.
I tried the dunk n swish method but I was too grossed out - dipping my hands in the toilet was just a deal-breaker for me. Plus spraying gets off more than scraping with a spatula and dipping/swishing I think (or at least MUCH faster) so there is generally less poo in the wash as well.
[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Susanna, happily married crispy-crunchy, babywearing 3 at a time, nursing, baby food making, homeschooling, engineer/math geek Mamma to: Big kid (7.5), Toddler triplets, 2.5 B/G/G and twin boys (almost 1) B/B
hokiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
boilerbebeRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This may be a really stupid question. My DD is 6 months old and we are just getting into solid foods and before this she has had EBF poos so I just threw it all in my wet bag and washed. Never any staining. Is it necessary to either dunk or diaper spray now that her poops are not EBF? Is it still an option to flip the solid ones into the toilet and do nothing with the peanut buttery ones? Sorry....I'm new to all of this.
Lindsay..::100% in love with the best guy in the world, Matt (married 9.05.09)::..::furrr-Mommy to Mimi (03.08.05)::..::and passionate labor & delivery nurse for the last 10 years! And now turned SAHM! And now loving Everleigh Maryn 07.28.11TTC #2 since 7.2013
boilerbebeRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #25
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerbebeRN View Post
This may be a really stupid question. My DD is 6 months old and we are just getting into solid foods and before this she has had EBF poos so I just threw it all in my wet bag and washed. Never any staining. Is it necessary to either dunk or diaper spray now that her poops are not EBF? Is it still an option to flip the solid ones into the toilet and do nothing with the peanut buttery ones? Sorry....I'm new to all of this.
I would definitely dump any solids into the toilet, and get as much of the other poop off as possible. When a baby is not longer EBF, everything changes. You might be just fine, but it's a gamble - you definitely run the risk of encountering a lot of staining, at least.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #26
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm on my 4th cloth diapered kid with no sprayer. I have one, but it isn't hooked up.

Using my DS app, please excuse the lack of proofreading.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #27
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely a luxury not a necessity. I CD'd for 2 yrs w/out one and loved CDing still. Dont get me wrong it definitely makes things easier, but I dunked and swished for 2 yrs and did fine. If I would stuck to my original plan about trying to be as frugal as possible I wouldnt have gotten one but after realizing I had spent almost just as much on one diaper than the sprayer cost I decided to break down and buy one.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #28
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say it's inbetween. BUT, I definitely wish I had one from day 1 of CDing. I would never ever go back to not using one and trying to get looser poop off the diaper for 5-10 minutes or more bending over the toilet. 1-2 mins or less of spraying is way better and I think it helps with stains. I have zero stains on my diapers. When I use my cloth while away from home for the weekend, I just pray that the poop is ploppable...because it is not fun to clean the non-sprayer way! lol
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #29
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE ours. When we go on trips and I don't have one I realize just how nice it is to have it!!!
Got ours off of eBay. Seller seacurrent300 or seacurrent800??? Anyway they are super nice and cheaper than the bg ones and the others I've seen.

My DH made a bucket with a drain for the potty too so I can spray them in the bucket and it washes down the drain which fixes any overspray issue.
It's made like the design of a potty pail. The only expense we were out was the cost of the drain, stopper and chain. It wouldnt win any beauty awards but I think he did great.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by JessicaArizona; 07-16-2012 at 08:06 PM.
JessicaArizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #30
raagen
Registered Users
seller

Yesterday I would have said luxury. Today it took me 10 minutes to get peanut butter poop off a prefold at my MIL's house. I'm going to see if DH can put one on her toilet for me. I think pockets are easier for this. There was poop on both sides of the prefold so it got on my hand .

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum