Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Flour Sack Towels

The only thing I like about the walmart flour sacks is the size, I can still do my favorite fold in my toddler, but I have to use a doubler with them, they're very thin.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is a link to a fold i came up with to work for us using them. The pad is just under the first fold:
http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1238443
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
reybar-2009
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use target flour sack and I really like them. My 7 month old can go from 1.5 hours to 3 hours and by the time I change him 1/3 of the sack still dry. I dont have a special fold I just use them like a prefold with a doubler but they are trimmer than a pf. I do have a whole stash of pfs but I really like the drying time and how easy they are to clean. By the way targer sacks are larger and thicker that than the ones walmart have. They also came in 4 different colors white, blue, red and yellow.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
luvinmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylajo88 View Post
Do you find it bulky with 2?
not really, they are pretty thin. Usually I padfold one and put it in the one that I snappi onto him. Also I don't know if there is much difference but I use the ones from target.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
Sabra
Registered Users

Any flats should work for hand-washing. I did it for a while and relied very heavily on my Gerber and OsoCozy flats because they are so easy to wash by hand and dried very fast. The receiving blanket flats are a bit more difficult to wash but not too much so. Most flats are pretty thin by design so doubling them up isn't a big deal. (The Gerbers are my all-time favorite doubler because they fold super-small.)
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote