Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I keep neutral (white/off-white) diapers in the diaper bag, and coordinate the first diaper when we go out. If she has a couple good matches, I might toss them in the bag as we leave, but only for special occasions.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
lisavark
Registered Users
seller

Re: Match diapes to outfit?

I have been known to plan outfits around a favorite diaper...lol!

But if I'm doing that, it's usually a cover so I'll be using the cover all day, bar serious accidents.

Also, we EC so I have also been known to work *really* hard to catch everything so I can keep the baby in the matching diaper...
ISO: Charlie Bananas OS in bright (boy) colors. Fuzzi Bunz elites in bright colors and the new whale print. GAD mediums with awesome embroidery (love that yellow gecko...). Daisy Doodle trainers. Continuum Family trainers. Joey Bunz medium hemp inserts. And anything similar that's gorgeous and cool. Try me.
----------------------------------------------------
Come visit me at my blog, Organic Baby Atlanta!
lisavark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
lisavark
Registered Users
seller

oh, and I have also used pockets and AIOs as "covers" by adding an insert or flat on the inside so I could re-use the pocket if I really loved the outfit with it. Yes, I'm a dork! Diapers are all about fashion to me!
ISO: Charlie Bananas OS in bright (boy) colors. Fuzzi Bunz elites in bright colors and the new whale print. GAD mediums with awesome embroidery (love that yellow gecko...). Daisy Doodle trainers. Continuum Family trainers. Joey Bunz medium hemp inserts. And anything similar that's gorgeous and cool. Try me.
----------------------------------------------------
Come visit me at my blog, Organic Baby Atlanta!
lisavark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #14
patientlywaiting
Registered Users
seller

First of all, I commend you for asking this question, as I have often wondered the same things. So far it has not been a big issue as it is winter and he has not left the house without pants!
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle04 View Post
I usually don't worry about matching diapers unless we are going out. I'll "save" the matching one & put it on just before we leave.
I fall into this category I'd say. But then again we arent swimming in diapers either so I don't have a lot to choose from as far as competely matching. I put a nice one on and take the matchy matchy one for the first diaper change in case there are people around, because you're right, they do draw a lot of attention and I'd like to show them in all there glory lol
Then again I am a WAHM so I don't have this problem a whole lot yet, maybe once it gets nicer out I will but hopefully by then we will have cycled through and into more diapers. I also try to take at least one good picture of him a day and normally when I put the matching diaper/ shirt combo on first thing in the morning lol If I were you, I'd just keep solid, GN colors in the car if you don't want them to look like it's clash day [did you guys have that in school?! lol]
patientlywaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
jaina124
Registered Users
seller

you can always throw some bloomers over the diaper if you really want to match the outfit.
jaina124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
Bonnetha
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaina124 View Post
you can always throw some bloomers over the diaper if you really want to match the outfit.
This was my first thought, too.
Happy wife and mom of 3! Expecting #4 in March
Bonnetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #17
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Blessings View Post
I never match them. To me its like underwear and I don't match my underwear.

this ^^
Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do this anytime we are going somewhere besides errands in the summer months.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Since I only have boys they are always in pants, so diaper never showed, except out the back of their pants. One day we were in ChickFilA when at total stranger ask me if I'd tried Thristies covers. I was like, Ummmm no Just Bummis. I then start looking to find out how she knew my DS was CDed to see his pants were falling down and his shirt was almost too short (Thanks to 15% weight and 95% heighth). LOL!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #20
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't worry much about whether they match, although that will probably change as soon as DD starts wearing more dresses - meaning summer. For the boys I never really cared. I care more about matching for her though, something about being a girl I guess. I want her to look pretty! My boys, well, their boys, and half the time ODS picks out clothes for DS2, so sometimes their clothes match, and sometimes it's all over the place.
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote