Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #21
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Chat Starting January 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
Appointment went great! Heartbeat was 164, they're changing my due date from 8/14 to 8/8. Tech could definitely see nasal bones (so downs is very unlikely), all measurements looked good, tech thinks it's a boy!
What a great appointment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady View Post
PHEW! I got busy with a cake and got way behind! I think I just read 10 pages between the 2 threads!!

The cake turned out great! But you have got to click over to FB in my siggy and check out the groom's cake!! Giant can of CRUSH orange soda! about 7" diameter and 12" tall! So fun! (if i do say so myself! )
I saw that cake, it looked so neat! I "liked" you on FB so I could show DH your VHC cake, and he was impressed by your cakes!

We have no plans for Vday, DH is working and we don't normally do something big for Vday. I told him I wanted to go see the vow, but he rolled his eyes at me. Apparently he doesn't think it'll be that great. Nothing interesting going on with me though. I'm trying to plan DD's birthday, and get over this cold. I feel like I'm on survival mode.

Advertisement

LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We don't celebrate VDay. We might go out for a meal with the kids around that time but certainly not on that day. The school has a field trip to Nashville on the 16th of that week and we are going to Olive Garden (50 teenagers plus 10 staff, one toddler, and two elementary school students). We will also go to the mall that same day. If you are in the Nashville area avoid Olive Garden for supper

It is cultural history week at school and tonight is Black History night. I am trying to summon up the strength to go.

Anyone else so grouchy nobody wants to live with them?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

My only plan for V-day is taking NCLEX

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #24
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc12551
We don't celebrate VDay. We might go out for a meal with the kids around that time but certainly not on that day. The school has a field trip to Nashville on the 16th of that week and we are going to Olive Garden (50 teenagers plus 10 staff, one toddler, and two elementary school students). We will also go to the mall that same day. If you are in the Nashville area avoid Olive Garden for supper

It is cultural history week at school and tonight is Black History night. I am trying to summon up the strength to go.

Anyone else so grouchy nobody wants to live with them?
Wow thats going to be fun and busy!!

And yes i am grouchy but mostly just towards dh as hes digging himself out of the doghouse right now. Also a little at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107
?? Whats that?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #25
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh yeah!! Awesome cake martha!! I love seeing your work! Its def only a matter of time before your dreams come into reality!!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #26
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
I can't believe it's almost Feb!!! Who has fun Vday plans?

Here's a link to the most incredible blog:
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/...+Experience%29
I love her blog. When we were in Mexico I started my own one thousand gifts list. I should get back to it as I put it down a while ago. Currently, I am doing a Bible study by Priscilla Shirer, Kay Arthur and Beth Moore called, "Anointed, Transformed and Redeemed"- it is fantastic!

Quote:
I read anns book too and am thinking of rereading it. Shes definitely got the gift of prophecy. Everything goes back to Christ. I love that.
She is a great writer-- a bit flowery, but I still really enjoy her writing. I love that she brings Christ back to the center of everything and is very real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
Appointment went great! Heartbeat was 164, they're changing my due date from 8/14 to 8/8. Tech could definitely see nasal bones (so downs is very unlikely), all measurements looked good, tech thinks it's a boy!

Attachment 93535

Sent from my DROIDX that thinks it's smarter than me using DS Forum. Please excuse any typos!
Wow-- that's fantastic. Sounds like you had a great appointment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady View Post
PHEW! I got busy with a cake and got way behind! I think I just read 10 pages between the 2 threads!!

The cake turned out great! But you have got to click over to FB in my siggy and check out the groom's cake!! Giant can of CRUSH orange soda! about 7" diameter and 12" tall! So fun! (if i do say so myself! )
You are amazing, lady!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107 View Post
Woo Woo!!!! My fav book for studying for the NCLEX was "NCLEX Made Easy." There are lots of triaging questions that you can't study for- more of a common sense thing (like who would you care for first or a psych RN came to your floor, which patient would you give her). I am praying for you, Lori!!! I can't wait to hear that you passed!
Quote:
Wow thats going to be fun and busy!!

And yes i am grouchy but mostly just towards dh as hes digging himself out of the doghouse right now. Also a little at work

?? Whats that?
Nursing Boards.

AFM, I am feeling pretty good but I think I have an ear infection.. weird. My ear has been killing me since yesterday. I am going to see my naturopath tomorrow and she will be able to check it out. I worked all Thur, Fri, Sat and got low census Sunday so we went to Mass and had a nice family day. Tomorrow my son starts Driver's Ed!!! I can't believe I have a 16 year old.. that feels crazy. I tried calling my OB office to schedule my appointment and to see if I need to have another u/s to check my bleed but they never called me back. The office staff is not my favorite, but I love my doc.

I hope you are all getting some rest and I hope we are all turning the corner and starting to feel more human again. Nighty night!!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oye! Yesterday was a BUSY day! We got all of our errands done and some extra visit time squeezed in, had a GREAT time and the zoo, ate great lunch (made by a friend who went with us because she was so grateful to get out of the house), and got home (at 6 UGH!!) to my hunny having made dinner :-) He and I even sat down and finished hammering out Feb's budget. It was a good day.

And I slept WELL :-D
Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #28
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by challmeyeralways
Oye! Yesterday was a BUSY day! We got all of our errands done and some extra visit time squeezed in, had a GREAT time and the zoo, ate great lunch (made by a friend who went with us because she was so grateful to get out of the house), and got home (at 6 UGH!!) to my hunny having made dinner :-) He and I even sat down and finished hammering out Feb's budget. It was a good day.

And I slept WELL :-D
Sounds like a great day!! Two meals u didnt have to prep

Nursing boards!! Lol I thought it was a medication!! And thanks for the unwelcome reminder that I need to take the GRE soon :/
Old 01-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #29
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies!

I'm so excited about my dr's appointment tomorrow, mainly b/c I know they'll do another u/s! My mil is coming over to watch the kiddo's for an hour until my dh gets off from work. I'm dreading it just a little bit...

Last month we were strapped on money. It was the month after Christmas, I was dog sick so the doctor gave me 3 different med's to try (only the last one he prescribed worked) which was $$$, then as we were switching the kids from one medical insurance to the other there was a two week gap, well, all FOUR kids got sick then two of which needed to go to the emergency room. We were TIGHT on money. Well, we wrote my inlaws a check to pay for some things that they picked up for us. I KNEW we had the money (not much money lol but enough to cover their check), I just didn't know that part of it was in another account. So on our bank account it showed that it bounced. I was so horribly embarrassed. I called them right away and apologized, told them we would pay them back PLUS the bounced check fee's on top of it once dh got paid. They were very gracious and said not to worry about it. Later on that day dh's dad called and was firm with dh saying "If you guys need help you tell me RIGHT now". We were fine though for the rest of the month, I had just gone grocery shopping, just found a $20 to fill up the car with gas, we would be fine...it was only 7 more days until he got paid anyways. Well that next sunday fil gave dh a $100. Very kind of them!

Now, fast forward to this month and why I'm dreading mil coming over. We did filed our taxes and we're going to get a good bit back. We have plans to set a good bit aside for emergencies, and put up a fence in our backyard. Well, dh went shopping with me b/c we needed a new entertainment center (in the midst of everything going wrong this month our entertainment center decided to fall to pieces also). Well, this 50" flat screen tv caught dh's attention. It was only $560 (usually $800-$900!). I joked saying "hahaha well, have a little fun with the tax money" and dh WENT with it! He's normally the penny pincher!! The whole shopping trip he's like "I really want to do it!! Wanna??". Now me, I like spending money, but in small amounts. Making big purchases like that scares me, makes me wonder if we can be spending the money better, is it going to come and bite us in the butt?

SOOOOOOO....I'm not looking forward to having MIL come over and see the new tv and entertainment center. Hopefully she'll understand that it's tax time and dh deserves something nice like this. I just hate to have to be the one to explain it to her. For the record, we did offer to pay them back the $100 they gave us, they refused.

If you read all of that, you're my hero!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #30
Erdbeere
Registered Users
seller

Awesome cake Marthe. I love cake decorating too. It's my son's 5th birthday on the 14th and he wants a Super Mario Party. I am a bit scared, hope it turns out good
Erdbeere is offline   Reply With Quote