Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
Kenner82
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fitted Diapers On A Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post
You may want to take a look at Motherease Sandy's. I am using the ToddleEase with my big boy, and they are working really well. There is no doubler, so it is really easy to add whatever doubler you want to the diaper. I have been adding a folded hemp doubler in my son's diaps and it works really well.

My other suggestion would have been GMD, as those work really well for my 1yo, but I see you have already tried those. But I have been able to use doublers both over and under the flap with no problems.
What size workhorse do you guys use? I might try them on again tonight just to make sure they are as small on him as I remember them being I love GMD and everyone RAVES about the workhorses (which is why I bought them!) but I was surprised at how much smaller than their similar colored prefolds they were (rise wise, mostly, but they seemed skinny around the waist, too). I'll try again to see if I can get the small Thirsties hemp insert to fit under the flap, but I'm pretty positive that the large one we usually use for nights is far too wide for the red workhorse. The price on those is ideal, and I love that they're easy to wash . . . maybe I just wish they had a bigger, overnight version

Advertisement

Kenner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Oh I didn't realize it was for overnights only! I was thinking of doing fitteds for overnight too - but I'll wait and see what kind of wetter I get.
Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
Kenner82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
For affordable absorbent fitteds my favorites are tiny tush OS. The cotton version is only $13.95 and they're super absorbent and they wash really clean.
Oh, I have some of those in the mail in a trial I'm doing from Itsy Bitsy Bums! I'm so glad to hear a recommendation for them, maybe THOSE will be my new favorite!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
Kenner82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasmom View Post
ME Bamboo Sandys. I have used both SBish snapless and ME Sandys overnight, and both are great! My favorite Sandy's overnight solution is a Bamboo Sandy with a large hemp doubler and the ME Staydry liner (they call it a liner, but it is really a doubler)

On a side note, the cost of SBish snapless fitteds is kind of equaled out by the fact that they come with 2 fantastic bamboo doublers. With many other fitteds (like ME) the fitted is less expensive, but the doublers have to be purchased separately.
Hmm, that is an excellent point. I had planned on just using my Thirsties hemp inserts, but I should take that into account with the price. Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
Kenner82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2littles View Post
The workhorse works well for my heavy wetter, even overnight. For nights I put a happy heiney hemp oval under the flap (I use these with WHs every time during the day), hemp insert on top of the flap, and a premie prefold or cotton doubler on top of the hemp. It's large and in charge, but it works!

I sold all my sbish for GMD WHs.
WOW, that sure is a point in favor of Workhorses! Again, though, I'm surprised there is room in the diaper for all of that! Does anyone know if they've changed their sizing recently? I bought my Workhorses from a mama here, so maybe I have an older version?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
amiecheatham
Registered Users
seller

sbish are SO worth it. they are the only thing that will get us through a whole night without a diaper change. and think of it this way- if the used ones are expensive that should hold well for your chances at getting most of your money back at resale time. =]
amiecheatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
Kenner82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sweet View Post
Oh I didn't realize it was for overnights only! I was thinking of doing fitteds for overnight too - but I'll wait and see what kind of wetter I get.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that part We have plenty of fine daytime options, so it's just night time that is giving me a headache now
Old 01-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
Kenner82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiecheatham View Post
sbish are SO worth it. they are the only thing that will get us through a whole night without a diaper change. and think of it this way- if the used ones are expensive that should hold well for your chances at getting most of your money back at resale time. =]
Totally true, and I do know that a lot of times you get what you pay for . . . this is another situation where I wish I could borrow one to try it so I could SEE how great it is and justify the cost
Old 01-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #19
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

Yeah I don't blame you in that case. I have night-time diaper anxiety already and baby isn't even here yet.
Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #20
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

i just ordered a couple Bella Bottoms bamboo for $13.50 each and they come with a doubler. I have about a dozen of her regular fitteds and have been using them for over 3 years and still going strong. She has some as low as $7.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote