Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #31
clothluvinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How far apart are you children?

i am so glad that you asked this i've been thinking about the same thing, i have a nine mo and am ttc but not activly? make sense? lol...there are 2 yrs and 9 mos between my dd and ds

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #32
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothluvinmom
wow...do you have a large family?
Yeah, Kinda. My mom and dad only had me but my mom has 5 other kids(we were pregnant together with her last and my first) and my dad has 3 others...one is just a couple years younger than me and the other two are currently 12 months and 23 months (I was pregnant with my step mom too ) This is my first pregnancy to NOT be pregnant with one of my parents

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #33
Mommyof2Princesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The gap between dd#1 and dd#2 is 5 yrs and 1 month. But that is because of the loss of my sweet little boy and 2 subsequent miscarriages. Had my little boy still been here it would've been 3 yrs 6 months between him and his sister. To me ideal.
Mommyof2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #34
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

23 months. It has worked out great! If we have #3, I will aim for that again. I think you will do fine with 19 months btwn them! Just remember that your first is still a baby, too!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #35
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm one that LOVES stair step children...always a built in playmate

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #36
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

16 months apart.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #37
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

#1 & #2 are 22 months apart. #2 & #3 are 105 months apart ok about 8 1/2 years apart
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #38
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Mine are just shy of 4 1/2 years apart. IMO it's an easy gap in terms of taking care of both kids, but I think it's too far for them to have any kind of real "sibling" relationship (that and the gender issues isn't helping! ). My older sis and I are 21 months apart, and we're really close. My younger sis and I are 6 years apart (she's my step sister, but she's been in my life since she was a year old, and I've never thought of her as a "step" sister) and while we never fought or anything growing up, we didn't start to have a real relationship until she was like 14-15. Now that she's grown and expecting a baby of her own I feel like we FINALLY have something in common!

I'm still working on DH about having #3, but I'd like that one to come sooner than 30 months, if we get to have a third... past that I'm not sure I'd want to "start over" with a baby again, plus I feel like I robbed DS of having the kind of sibling relationship I got to have growing up, so the best I can do is "fix" that for DD DS absolutely loves his sister, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to be the same for him as if she was just 2 years younger, if that makes sense.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:08 PM   #39
ashandri
Registered Users
seller

YA'LL HAVE MADE MY DAY!!! So many of you have made me so encouraged. My husband and I are in love with our 11 month old more than we ever realized was possible. However, until reading so many of your positive comments about having kids close together I was a little nervous about having mine 19-20 months apart. We are moving to Arkansas from NC in August (away from both of our families/ I have never been there and don't know anyone there) and I just found out last week I was pregnant. Funny story...went to the gynecologist to get an annual exam and they checked just to be sure I wasn't pregnant...I WAS ...Total surprise, but what a wonderful surprise. The babies will be closer than planned so I was nervous (I don't even know how far along I am, just that I must be very fertile ). I feel like I was just pregnant, but thanks to so many encouraging thoughts about kids being close in age, I am even more thrilled! So anyway, I appreciate it...Please pray for me...I go to the doc to see how far along on Friday
ashandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #40
sunshynemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Joey and Chris are just about 3 years apart. I really like the spacing. If we are to have a third, we will wait until Joey is 4 or 5. The boys are a huge amount of work right now, and I can't imagine have a tiny one any time soon.