Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what makes imse vimse worth the price?

any details will help thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
babyelephantmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what makes imse vimse worth the price?

I had an organic cotton cover in the farm print that was extremely soft to the touch, and very adorable, and I never used it because the velcro would rub my daughter's tummy when she was sitting down and playing on the floor.

I also tried their flannelette contour diaper and in my experience it was hard to put on my baby because there were extended arms/tabs in the back, and arms/tab things in the front and it was hard to fold the front tabs towards the back and the back tabs towards the front, all with a squirmy baby. It also seemed bulky and odd. I used it once.

I tried their bumpy wool wrap that many people love, and it seemed stiff and uncomfortable.

I think they have quality products that for some reason just don't work for my baby.

Edited to add: I do use and enjoy their wool cure and wool wash.

Enthusiastic fan of the Bummis Whisper pull-on pant.

Last edited by babyelephantmama; 01-30-2012 at 07:08 PM.
babyelephantmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used their wool covers and could not have lived without them! They are thin and bullet-proof, the only covers that fit under jeans, went overnight and so on without any leaks...ever! Great covers ) I do wish they came with snaps though, but I think it would change the fit and that was one thing that I did love about them.
They are stiff at first, but after a wash and a lanolize they soften up perfectly
Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
good to know I'm looking at the brown striped one for dd but the wool sounds interesting too thank you guys!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
mom24munchkins
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had an organic cotten cover with ds and hated it. The velcro rubbed his belly and it leaked horrible. I'd rather have PUL or a regular wool soaker. Sorry..I'm no help
Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24munchkins
I had an organic cotten cover with ds and hated it. The velcro rubbed his belly and it leaked horrible. I'd rather have PUL or a regular wool soaker. Sorry..I'm no help
no that is a help! I'm trying to talk myself out of more thirsties duo 2's lol I'm not sure why I am cuz I love my duos but I don't see any in euc on fsot with velcro that are girlish so I started looking on gmd and well I got the wandering eye lol I can't find any bummis size large in girly print either *sigh*
Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
mom24munchkins
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have always had a wondering eye issue BUT I've learned when I love something I love it and I might as well stop trying to buy more. I love thirsties, like love love love them. And I've heard great things about flips from a friend of mine. If I were to buy any covers (besides the RaR's that I bought for the small nb size) I'd buy flips...and I think they have girly stuff. AND they are very similar to thirsties
Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24munchkins
I have always had a wondering eye issue BUT I've learned when I love something I love it and I might as well stop trying to buy more. I love thirsties, like love love love them. And I've heard great things about flips from a friend of mine. If I were to buy any covers (besides the RaR's that I bought for the small nb size) I'd buy flips...and I think they have girly stuff. AND they are very similar to thirsties
I had flip even brand new they were a little loose around the legs (they also don't have an inner gusset) I think I'm gonna take your advice and stick with what I love....
Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ahhhh, these are a new find for me! I LOVE THEM!!!!! BTW I hate Thirsties duo's. They run so small. But IV covers are AWESOME! They are so soft and pliable and that's really important for my lo. The legs are super gentle for chubby thighs and a nice full cut which my lo needs and I like on her. I have all but the bumpy cover. I LOVE the organic cotton the best The fact the inside is a covered PUL but does not feel wet ever and is bullet proof is just yes, yes, yes for me HTH! I had bought a new off FSOT last month and found myself grabbing it first and reusing it several times that day only to be so sad when I had to throw it in the pail that night. I've since bought 8 more. I use only the Imse Vimse covers now and all my others are at the bottom of the pile
Old 01-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Housefullofgirls
ahhhh, these are a new find for me! I LOVE THEM!!!!! BTW I hate Thirsties duo's. They run so small. But IV covers are AWESOME! They are so soft and pliable and that's really important for my lo. The legs are super gentle for chubby thighs and a nice full cut which my lo needs and I like on her. I have all but the bumpy cover. I LOVE the organic cotton the best The fact the inside is a covered PUL but does not feel wet ever and is bullet proof is just yes, yes, yes for me HTH! I had bought a new off FSOT last month and found myself grabbing it first and reusing it several times that day only to be so sad when I had to throw it in the pail that night. I've since bought 8 more. I use only the Imse Vimse covers now and all my others are at the bottom of the pile
dang it making me second guess myself lol