Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #11
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what makes imse vimse worth the price?

diaper junction has them on clearence right now. Just buy 1 and see. If you need a large and you don't like it I'll buy it from you

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
thinkingahead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

eta- worth the price mainly because they are very well made (European), the stripes are organic colorgrown cotton which is very cool (no dyes). I would only get them on sale or FSOT. They seem to last forever! I am amazed how many really old "bumpy" or "day/night" covers I see in consignment shops...

I loved them too, when DS was an infant (used preemie-med). Soft and trim but full cut, the only gussets that ever worked for my chunky DS (other covers I love are bsww and dappi nylon pullon for infants). Thirsties and BSB never worked.

I love the stripes the best, they are super soft and they wash amazingly well (as long as you fasten them of course, since they don't have laundry tabs). I have 2 odd jungle prints in med, which is the only print I really liked.

My avi is DS at a few days old, in a preemie size over a gmd orange prefold.

Here are a few other pics (all over gmd prefolds):

Last edited by thinkingahead; 01-30-2012 at 10:04 PM.
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #13
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingahead View Post
I loved them too, when DS was an infant (used preemie-med). Soft and trim but full cut, the only gussets that ever worked for my chunky DS (other covers I love are bsww and dappi nylon pullon for infants). Thirsties and BSB never worked.

I love the stripes the best, they are super soft and they wash amazingly well (as long as you fasten them of course, since they don't have laundry tabs). I have 2 odd jungle prints in med, which is the only print I really liked.

I'm not sure about the stripes since I do have a older version of the stripes but the new versions of the farm print and safari and etc I have do have laundry tabs
Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #14
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The elastic is VERY gentle, the velcro is strong and won't stick to other things in the wash (as long as you turn your covers inside out). I love the wide loop panel, you can really customize the fit this way. No scratchy edges to roll in onto baby's stomach. IV covers are great!

The OS contours are workhorse diapers. Thick organic cotton terry is absorbent, and they appear to be a true OS. Fit my son when he was a few months old, and fit him now at 32 months old.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #15
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used IMSE VIMSE covers for the NB stage and I really liked that the elastic part was huge. That made it so I could put the velcro right where I wanted it for a custom fit. I also really liked the feel and material, but I was a total newbie at the time and don't have anything else to compare it to now. We're pocket people, and the few covers we do have are bummis SWW... not imse vimse.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #16
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingahead
eta- worth the price mainly because they are very well made (European), the stripes are organic colorgrown cotton which is very cool (no dyes). I would only get them on sale or FSOT. They seem to last forever! I am amazed how many really old "bumpy" or "day/night" covers I see in consignment shops...

awesome one of the reasons I like thirsties is because they seem wider on the hip And it looks like iv is the same way I hate covers that are like a string bikini lol thanks for the pics
Old 01-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #17
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
thanks everybody!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really loved the Imse Vimse covers for my girls. They didn't leak & held up well over time.

I am not a Thirsties fan. The Velcro rubbed on my son's stomach with both the Duo & the sized covers & the Duo's run very small. He outgrew the Duo size 2 at 12 months.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #19
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23
I really loved the Imse Vimse covers for my girls. They didn't leak & held up well over time.

I am not a Thirsties fan. The Velcro rubbed on my son's stomach with both the Duo & the sized covers & the Duo's run very small. He outgrew the Duo size 2 at 12 months.
goodness dd is still in them at two lol goes to show you how different babies can be built!