Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Thirsties Sizing

Thirsties sizing says that it goes up to 18 lbs. DS2 is seven weeks, 13 lbs and is on the last setting on the snaps. I'm not thinking that they will make it to 18 lbs. I have duo pockets and a couple of the new AIOs. How early have people started using the second size on a child? I'm thinking I should be ordering size 2 versus 1 if I'm ordering more.

Advertisement

seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
caseopia67
Registered Users
seller

I didn't use them in this size range, but I have heard a lot of people say that while they claim to fit to 18 pounds, 15 pounds is more realistic. I would size up unless you need them immediately (it might be a few pounds before size 2 fits well).
caseopia67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
Olivetoe
Registered Users

Re: Thirsties Sizing

The best way to determine if you need to size up would be to check waist, thigh and rise measurements! Since not all babies are the same weight at the same time, you may need to size up or down, depending on the measurements.
Olivetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would size up. I have the same issue with the size 2, my son is nowhere near 40 lbs and barely fits the last setting. :/
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Kimmyc2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmm...good to know. I was just buying some in size 1 for my dd on the wayand was just coming on here to ask how old anyone's lo's were before switching to size 2.
Kimmyc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

I was only able to use size 1 on ds1 until he was about 15 lbs. I got size 2s at that point and they seemed really big. I wasn't a huge fan of the fit -though they did fit - until he was closer to 18-20 lbs.

Blame the typos on the iPad!
ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
carolyndavis
Registered Users
seller

My DS is 17 lbs. and 6 months old. I just put away my size 1 Thirsties this past week, because they're just too tight. However, I agree with the poster above who said size 2 is still a little roomy at this transition stage. They work, but they're not as snug as I like them to be. (Flips are still my main covers.)
carolyndavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyndavis View Post
My DS is 17 lbs. and 6 months old. I just put away my size 1 Thirsties this past week, because they're just too tight. However, I agree with the poster above who said size 2 is still a little roomy at this transition stage. They work, but they're not as snug as I like them to be. (Flips are still my main covers.)
Hmm. Thanks seems there is a size gap. I love my Flips too.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #9
mamasuds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good to know, won't buy any thirsties! I am a new cloth diaperer, and my guy is 18-20 lbs. but we hope to have another! don't want the size gap.
mamasuds is offline   Reply With Quote