Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Homebirth Midwives in or near Del Rio TX?

Hi there!

My cousin will be moving to Del Rio TX at the end of next month and will be ttc very soon after. She has her heart set on a homebirth but is having trouble finding a midwife in the area. Does anyone know of any homebirth midwives servicing the Del Rio TX area?

Ashley Happily married to my high school sweetheart SAHM to Malayna 1.18.07 Myleigh 5.1.08 Jameson 12.27.09 (our first homebirth) Hadley 11.13.11 (planned unassisted)
malaynasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Homebirth Midwives in or near Del Rio TX?

I live in Del Rio. DS wasn't born here, but we are considering TTC #2 so I've been looking into midwives in town. Jerri Hoehn is pretty much the only midwife here, but she comes highly recommended and has a lot of experience with home births. She is part of a physicians group called Amistad Medical Professionals.
meltoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Homebirth Midwives in or near Del Rio TX?

I know you mentioned homebirth but I live in Eagle Pass (an hr south of Del Rio) and had my #2 at the San Antonio Birth Center (in San Antonio of course). It's a drive yes, but it was the most amazing experience and the staff was amazing at working with us since we lived out of town. I'd highly recommend them!
RNMommy2009 is offline   Reply With Quote