Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Smile GIVE ME INFO ON PRE ECLAMPSYIA*Update 5/3 *caution

MY SIL* bro wifes) is in the hospital with preeclampsyia(sp?) and shes only 26 weeks, they induced her last night?!?! and asked them if they wanted to put the baby on life support.... Her BP is norm at the moment and has been since last night, so why are inducing??

Advertisement

Last edited by Ilikecloth; 05-04-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: GIVE ME INFO ON PRE ECLAMPSYIA

mom just said that shes only 24 weeks~"??~?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

A friend of mine has the severe Pre-eclampsia (HELPP?) and I'm not sure if her bp had regulated, but it was to the point where her liver(?) was shutting down. They took baby by c/s at 32 weeks. 26 is much earlier than 32, but that's all i know.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow that seems really soon to induce. I was induced at 36 weeks.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had PE with two of my pregnancies. Never that early tho thankfully. From what I gather, the BP could be normal but there could be other symptoms of the PE. Protien in the urine and other indicators in the bloodwork etc. BP is just one symptom. HTH

Let us know how she and the baby are doing.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

ok, so mom just called and says that theres a chromosone that has apparently been there since conception that should have caused SIL to miscarry EARLY on, like before she should have even known that she was preg. And this is one of the reasons that they baby has stayed so small, and SIL hasnt gained any weight( she doesnt even LOOK preggo, no bump or ANYTHING) and last week when she had one of thos SUPER sonograms, nothing showed abnormal, just looked like he was gonna be alittle boy.

They have put a balloon in her cervix to help dilate and put her on pitocin, and if she makes it past 4 pm today then she can have another does of steroids for his lung development. mom said that Nicu pedi said that the chances of survival after birth werent that strong not only because of gestation age,but b/c this chromosone could have made the baby severaly retarded and thus has probably caused abnormalities in brain development and lung development....

They have named him Michael, like my brother, and we always called him Mikey, and are planning on calling this baby Mikey. Im so sad, almost likes it my child..
Old 04-21-2007, 09:58 AM   #7
averysmom
Registered Users

I had pre-e with my ds at 34 weeks. I had to be on strict bed rest in the hospital. When you have the high b/p it causes the blood vessels to be constricted. It causes a very small baby becuase the placenta has restricted blood flow. I had u/s everyday and the 10 days I was in the hospital before my ds was born he only gained 1oz in that amount of time. So they thought he would do better on the outside. He was born at 36 weeks and he only weighed 3.14. Pre-e can cause sezures for the mother and for her liver and kidneys to fail. When they are checking for pre-e they look to see if you have protein in your urine. When the protein level is high that means your kidneys are shutting down.

I don't know why they would induce so early without tring everything else first. I know that they can give you magnesium to help lower the b/p.

I hope this little bit of info helps.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmom View Post
He was born at 36 weeks and he only weighed 3.14.
Wow, my 36 weeker was 7 lbs 10 oz
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #9
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am sorry your family is going through this. I had sever pre-e with both of my pregnancies. It turned into HELLP with my dd and she was delivered at 28 weeks. It was a hard road, but not nearly as awful as 24 weeks. I really pray that they are able to help this baby.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #10
shell015
Banned
seller

I was diagnosed with PE at 14weeks and put on bed rest. I made it to 35 weeks before they induced DS because my kidneys were close to shutting down. There was another mama in the hospital at the same time as me with PE and she was induced at 24 weeks. Her baby made it. There is a chance. I will pray for your family. Hugs!
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote