Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: GIVE ME INFO ON PRE ECLAMPSYIA

i got severe pre-e with my son, i was 37 weeks and it just hit and i had him that day, my water had broken w/o help, he was ready, the scary thing is your organs start to shut down if the baby isn't taken out of your body, you can go into seizures, delivery is the only thing that will make the pre-e stop.

Advertisement

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

It sounds like they have made the decision to sacrifice the baby in order to save the mother. Eclampsia can be fatal, and normally, it is a tightrope-walking exercise, trying to get the baby as far along as possible, while trying to keep the mothers symptoms under control.....and they generally take the baby either as soon as the baby hits term 36-37ish weeks, or, if the disease is really getting out of control, they have to take the baby earlier, when it seems like the mother isn't going to make it unless the get the baby out NOW. Going only by what has been typed here, it soudns like because the baby has a defect and is unlikley to survive anyway, they have chosen to go ahead with induction even though the baby is still very young and unlikely to live regardless of what they do. If the baby were expected to be "normal", they would probably be trying much harder to keep the baby in longer, unless the mother is literally on deaths doorstep, in which case..they really don't have a choice.....if the baby doesn't come out, she'll die. Again, that is all assumption based on the very limitied info available....
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #13
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

ok, that was all tyoped in between phone calls, and then I headed down to the Hosp. Apparently her kidneys and liver are only functioning at about 10% or less. And the defect thing is only something the doctor "suspects" we will know for sure when Mikey gets here Shes upset, but kinda out of it due to ambien they gave her last night...

They are going to let her deliver when she is around 4 cm and she was only 1 when I left @ around 3 pm, and they had her on Pitocin, magnesium sulfate and a ballon catherter(sp?) in her cervix...

Im sad and torn, Im angry and hopeful... ITs kinda weird mixed feelings. They are a really immature couple and at 23 and 27 they arent exactly "adults" altouhg I know child birth can change ppl for the better, I was really concerned for them before, but now its that they stakes are SO much higher for them if he DOES make it and if hes handicapped for the rest of his life I worry about my IMMATURE brother being able to step up to the plate, but then again ppl surprise me ALL the time and I guess things like this can make you grow up fast...

Sigghhh... just keep them in your prayers, for God to do what he knows is best for them. Thanks yall
Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #14
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:

For The Love Of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:53 PM   #15
Zan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama, please know that we are here listening and praying for you & bro, SIL and baby Mikey!

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
moparop
Registered Users

My DS #2 was born prematurely because of PE and is truly a fighter. Maybe Mikey will suprise you all. I'll say a prayer for him.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
ScrapAng
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.preeclampsia.org/

they have forums there, too.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #18
ThreeBunniesMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was induced at 35.5weeks for pre eclampsia. My kidneys were starting to shut down. I was on magnesium sulfate for 3 days to help regulate my BP.

ETA: My dd was born at 36weeks to the day and weighed 4lbs 10oz 17inches long. She was 20lbs by 6 months. She has outweighed her big sister for the past 3 years.

Last edited by ThreeBunniesMoma; 04-21-2007 at 09:14 PM.
ThreeBunniesMoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #19
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Ok, well hes still not here, and shes still in the hospital, her cervix wont dialiate, and I cant help but feel like its her bodys way of saying" I DONT WANT TO DO THIS!" And I feel like the baby is screaming" I DONT WANT TO COME YET!" Everytime I think about them, it just tears me up inside... I dont understand why they just dont keep her there and keep her on the meds...

The pitocin and such isnt doing anything so they put a gravity pull on the balloon cathiter to help it make her cervix dialate.

UGG... so many mixed feelings, this SUCKS! They had also been approached about participating in a study about micro premies. Basically after birth a random decision would be made by a neutral third party to decide if the assistance to help he sustain life and stabalize would be VERY aggresive or mild. Appreantly there is some study showing that babies that are immediately intubated develop lung/airway problems later on, vs. the ones that are given a chance to get their own first breath with a little help...This wouldnt in ANY way give up their right to to stop participating and they would be the ones to choose all other methods of treatment should the random decision be the one that isnt very aggresive, but it would provide 100% Follow up care for life if the need be that great....

ITs a HARD decision for them to make, Ipersoanlly would just pass and want every thing to be done to save him as long as it was at his best interest... but then again should he survive he will need alot of assistance Im assuming as he gets older, and they really dont have the means to provide him with such care.....AAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

Anyways. Ive been praying a ton, everytime I think about them I pray...Keep them in your thoughs please... I just keep thinking that maybe her organ function will sustain itself again, and theyll just keep her there monitored for the remainder of her pregnancy or at least until a "Safe" point..
Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:17 AM   #20
ThreeBunniesMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikecloth View Post
Ok, well hes still not here, and shes still in the hospital, her cervix wont dialiate, and I cant help but feel like its her bodys way of saying" I DONT WANT TO DO THIS!" And I feel like the baby is screaming" I DONT WANT TO COME YET!" Everytime I think about them, it just tears me up inside... I dont understand why they just dont keep her there and keep her on the meds....
It took 3 days for my induction with my Pre Eclampsia. I was on Magnesium Sulfate which can stop labor.
Do you know the specifics of her case? If they are pushing induction this early then she has to be showing signs of organ failure.
She and the baby are in my prayers!