Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:02 AM   #21
lovendove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: GIVE ME INFO ON PRE ECLAMPSYIA

I had very mild eclampsia and believe me, they always had the babies best interest in mind and induction was a last resort. Was on meds and hospitalized once. He was born at 36 wks 3days and 7lbs 5oz! So far so good, he had some mild sleep apnea but is over it now thank god.

I'm so sorry about all of this. like the above poster said, if they are inducing then there must be something majorly wrong with the mom and it needs to be done. There's so much technology and medicine to help prolong pregnancy with these kinds of complications that if they're going to induce she must be past the point of other interventions. very scary. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #22
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

oh sorry, I thought I already told ya that they said her liver and kidneys were functioning at less than 10% or something like that, she is on the mag for the enzymes( I think thats what its for, either that or her BP) so Im sure thats why its going so slow, Its just a hard thing to deal with as Im sure you all know
Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #23
kugrinic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just saw this Mama, I am so sorry for all of you and I will be praying for little Mikey
Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #24
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

update! HES HERE!! Hes a FIGHTER ! he came out KICKING and PEED on the doctor

He is on a ventilator on room air, he is 10 inches long 15oz and is a little bruised and really tired, mom had to go to surgery to have placenta detached, he took quite a few breaths on his own yesterday, hes peeing and had a TEENY LITTLE poo in his diaper, more like a skid mark ) He did have to have a transfusion yesterday afternoon, they dont suspect it to be from a Large brain bleed, but they would suspect a small one since he only needed 1 so far. They are gonna do a US today just to make sure, hes under a plastic bag thing to help his little skin, hes SOOOO SMALL..

Anyone got any suggestions on maybe a premie site to get him an outfit from? a JIC and maybe a outfit for when he is a smidgen bigger
Old 04-24-2007, 07:26 AM   #25
jugrox91
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Anyone got any suggestions on maybe a premie site to get him an outfit from? a JIC and maybe a outfit for when he is a smidgen bigger

It's going to be a long time before he is able to wear clothes. By the time he is ready for them the stuff you will see labeled 'preemie' will only be a little bit too big for him. Old Navy has some great stuff.

Best wishes to your family. Try not to worry too much about how your brother and sis in law will handle this, something like this will turn them around in no time. It has to.

29 weeks is a long time from 24, but my twins were born at 29 weeks and they are in kindergarten now. I didn't have pre-e, though.
jugrox91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #26
lovendove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used preemiesrus. A friend of mine had a 27wker but it was awhile before the nurses would allow anything other than hospital provided clothing.

((((keep fighting lil one)))))

I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #27
Zan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We'll be praying for the FIGHTER Mikey!

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #28
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Just thought you mama's would love an update! This little man is a FIGHTER! He has done SO WONDERFUL! no major complications so far! Today they took him off his intabation(sp?) and put him a C-pap with room air!! Ive got some pics of him, Ill put them up, but I dont know if I need to edit my post title or something, I dont want to bring up feelings to those who have lost children recently. Maybe I should post links??
Old 04-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #29
SJwith2girls
Registered Users
seller

How's your SIL doing?

Sarah Jane - DD 03/01 ~ DD 08/04 ~ DD 05/07
SJwith2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #30
evandmp
Surrounded by Geminis!
seller

My Mood:

Glad to hear that he is doing well. I hope he gets bigger and stronger and I'm sure the parents are going to do just fine